Executing the mission

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji-hyo currently walking at the airport while dragging her suitcase alongside Cha Seung-won. They are now heading towards arrival gate. Yes, today is the D-day she carries her mission.

“Ji-hyo ah, how do you feel?” Asked Seung-won.

“Err…. I guess you know how I feel right now. I’m nervous.”

He chuckled but then he stopped her from walking. “Ji-hyo ah, listen to me.” Ji-hyo look up to staring at his eyes. “You’re ready to carry this mission. I’m not letting you being here right now if you are not ready. You can do this mission and you have nothing to worry about because I will always be with you through that ear tablet.” He points out Ji-hyo’s ear who already have an ear tablet inside. “Also, our operation team will always around the target’s house, including me. So, I promise you nothing bad will happen to you.”

“Neh, gomawo Seung-won ssi…. I feel a bit relieve.”

Suddenly, Ji-hyo being pulled forward and a second later, she realizes that she already in Seung-won’s embrace. She froze. She doesn’t know what to do and how to react. Seung-won already showing his soft and sweet side of him before, but he never hugs her. Well, he did before, but it’s just a quick hug. But now, he’s hugging her while rubbing her back, as if giving her a strength. Honestly, her heart starts melted.

“You can do this, Ji-hyo ah… I trust you.”

“Thank you for trusting me, Seung-won ssi. I will try my best to not letting you down.”

“Arasso.” He broke the hug and her soft hair. “Now go. Go to your samchon, he already waiting you out there. The moment you passed that door, you are no longer Song Ji-hyo, but you’re Cheon Seong-im.”

Ji-hyo smiles at him while giving him her confidence nod. She then turns around and starts walking towards the door. When she’s right in front of the door, she stops her pace and close her eyes.

“My name’s Cheon Seong-im and I’m here to visit my uncle, Cha In-pyo.” She takes a deep breath and opening her eyes again before continuous walking towards the exit door.

Once the door sliding open, Ji-hyo hears Seung-won’s voice on her ear tablet.

“Good luck, young lady.”

She smiles after hearing encouraging words from Seung-won. And a second after, she can hear someone calling her name excitedly.

“Seong-im ah!!”

Her eyes quickly searching the source of the sound. There, she found the target smiling widely at her while waving his hand on her. And from this moment, her mission starts.

“Samchoooonnn!!”

Ji-hyo walks with a fast pace and hug the target tightly when she’s already right in front of him.

“Aigoo, seems like uri Seong-im missing me so much.”

“Of course I miss you so much, samchon! We haven’t meet for almost a year since my samchon is a very busy person.”

“Mianhae Seong-im ah… it’s been a hectic year for me so I didn’t get to spare my time to go back to Korea.”

Ji-hyo smiling widely at him. “Gwenchana, samchon. It’s been a while for me being here too. I kinda miss Paris.”

“What you miss the most being here?”

“Of course……. Shopping.”

“Aishhh this kid!” He chuckled while ruffling Ji-hyo’s hair.

Their happy reunion interrupted by the other voice that calling out In-pyo’s name.

“Oh? Cha In-pyo ssi!”

Ji-hyo froze. That voice sounds familiar. She turns her body and surprised to see Seung-won in front of them.

“Seung-won ssi!” In-pyo goes to Seung-won to give him a handshake.

“Who is this beautiful lady, In-pyo ssi? Your daughter?”

“Hahaha aniyo, she is my nephew.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Cheon Seong-im imnida.” Ji-hyo lightly bow at Seung-won awkwardly.

“Annyeong Seong-im ssi, I’m Cha Seung-won, your samchon’s business partner.” Seung-won spreading his dead smile to her.

“Ah…. Neh….”

“Okay then, I hope you will have a great time with your nephew, In-pyo ssi.”

“Neh, thank you. I’ll see you again on our next meeting, Seung-won ssi.”

“Yes, I’ll see you again later.” Said Seung-won while bid a goodbye to In-pyo and Ji-hyo.

It might look like an ordinary goodbye, but Ji-hyo can see the way he looks into her eyes. It’s like his eyes speaks many words to her. And as a reply, Ji-hyo giving him a simple smile.

“So, is my Seong-im hungry?” Asked In-pyo suddenly.

Ji-hyo look up at him and grinning sheepishly. “You know me so well, samchon.”

“What would you like to eat?”

“Hmm….. let me think. As much as I missed French food, I missed your food the most.”

“Aigoo this girl. You’re still sweet as ever.” He said while side hugging her and also dragging her suitcase for her.

“Good job, Ji-hyo ah.” Praise Seung-won through her ear tablet.

Ji-hyo lightly smile upon hearing that simple praise from Seung-won. For these few minutes, so far so good. The target also looks very kind and warm which makes her comfortable.

Just like a loving family, Ji-hyo having lunch together with Cha In-pyo. She’s amazed on how a billionaire that has so many maids and workers in this house like him can cook various food. Not to mention the taste are amazing which makes her can’t stop praising how good his food.

After having lunch, Ji-hyo get into her room to put her belongings inside her room. She opens her suitcase and take out the bugging device inside the little box.

“Seung-won ssi, I’m ready.” Said Ji-hyo.

“Ok, be careful and don’t be too obvious. Before attach the device, make sure to scan around the room and don’t forget to press the center of the device once it attached to turn it on.”

“Neh, arasso.”

Before opening the door, Ji-hyo close her eyes and take a deep breath. Good luck for me.

 

Ji-hyo lightly knock on In-pyo’s room. Once she heard an answer from inside, she slowly opening the door.

“Oh Seong-im ah, come in.”

“Samchon, what are you doing?” Asked Ji-hyo. Her eyes carefully scanning all around the room.

“Just checking some documents. Wae?”

“Do I disturb you, samchon?”

In-pyo move his gaze from the papers to his nephew. “Of course, not. You never disturb me, Seong-im ah. Wae? Do you want something from me?”

Since In-pyo currently sitting at sofa, Ji-hyo uses this chance to walk towards his working desk. “Aniya… I just want to have a talk with you. You know, it’s been a while since we’re sharing stories.”

“You’re right.” In-pyo smiles before move his gaze again to the documents. “Give me a minute to read this documents, okay? After that, we can talk about many things.”

“Neh, take your time, samchon.”

Ji-hyo now already in front of his working desk. Her hand might be busy taking out the bugging device in her pocket, but she remains her calm expression and body language so that he won’t notice on what is she doing.

Just before she attaches the device under the table, her eyes catch something in his desk. On his desk, there are various things, but there’s only one photo frame. It’s his photo with Seong-im. He must be love Seong-im that much. Somehow, she feels guilty to pretend being his nephew. But she shrugs away that thought and attach the device under the desk and turn it on.

After that, she directly goes to take a seat on a sofa, beside the target. There, Ji-hyo pretends scratching her leg and put the last device under this sofa.

“You success to put and turn the devices on, Ji-hyo ah. We also can hear your conversation with the target from the devices that you just put. Good job. Now, just play your part as Seong-im for the next two days.” Said Seung-won.

“Wae? Your leg’s itchy?” Asked In-pyo suddenly.

“Huh?” Her hearts beating wildly, afraid that he found out. “Ah… neh, samchon. I guess an ant just bite my leg.”

“You should put an ointment then.”

“No need to do that, samchon. It’s not that serious.”

“Okay then. So, Seong-im ah, how’s your parents doing?”

“They are doing fine, samchon.”

“It’s good to hear they are doing fine. It’s been a while since I talk to your parents and I missed them.”

“That’s why, no matter how busy you are, you should come back home once in a while, samchon.”

In-pyo chuckled seeing his nephew nagging. “Ahahaha nehh gongju-nim. From now on, I will spare a time for my family. But for now, I want to take a rest from work and spending my time with my beloved nephew.” In-pyo smiling warmly at her.

No, please don’t smile like that to me. I’m not your nephew.

She already guilty enough to be his nephew, and now she has to receive the warmness from someone that she deceived.

“Seong-im ah, gwenchana?”

His question wake her up. “Oh… neh, samchon. Wae?”

“You look spaced out just now. Wae?”

“Ah…. I just feel a bit tired. Probably still having jetlag.”

“Keure? Then you should rest, darling.”

“I guess so. I will take a nap first, samchon.”

“Neh, have a good sleep Seong-im ah.”

“Anyway samchon. In case you’re forgot, tomorrow morning we’ll do our routine, neh?”

“Our routine?” In-pyo aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter