What should he do?

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji-hyo is already at the swimming pool area when she sees Jong-kook sit still at his original seat. But she quickens her pace when she notices that Jong-kook looking down while holding his head.

“Oppa what happened? Gwenchana??” Asked Ji-hyo worriedly.

But Jong-kook didn’t answer her right away, nor looking at her. This makes her worried and scared.

“Oppa!!” She tries to call him a bit harder while shaking his arm.

Jong-kook’s body jerked a bit and he quickly looking at Ji-hyo with his teary eyes.

“Oppa, are you okay?” She puts her palm on his forehead to check his body’s temperature, afraid that he might get a fever.

He let out a slight smile to ease her worry. “I’m okay, Ji-hyo ah.”

“Are you sure? Then why didn’t you answer me right away? You scared me, oppa….”

Jong-kook caresses Ji-hyo’s cheek lovingly. “I’m sorry if I make you scared, but I’m okay, love. It’s just…..something came up on my mind.”

“Okay, so what is it that bothering your mind, oppa? Mind to share it with me?”

Jong-kook smiles a bit, then his eyes moves to the happy family not far from them.

“Because of them, Ji-hyo ah.” Jong-kook pointing that family with his eyes.

Ji-hyo quickly looks at them, but then look at Jong-kook in confuse. “What's with them, oppa?”

“Seeing them somehow makes me think, if only my parents still alive, they will definitely happy to see me introduce my girlfriend to them.”

Ji-hyo’s expression changed. And Jong-kook knows what she’s about to say.

“And if only your parents still alive too, I would like to introduce myself to them as your boyfriend, telling them to not worried because I will do anything to make their daughter happy, and protect her with all of my life.” Jong-kook added. “Although it’s too late for me to meet your parents, but those are my promise that repeatedly says during my prayers for them.”

She didn’t realize, but tears already fall to her cheek. If only he can meet her parents, she’s sure that her mother would asked them to marry as soon as possible when she hears those sweet promises. Thinking that she might marry someone without the presence of her parents somehow makes her sad.

“Although we didn’t get blessing from CIS, our second family, but I’m sure that our parents giving us their blessing already…...from up there.”

Jong-kook looking up to the clear night sky while back hugging his girlfriend.

“Jagiya, gomawo……”

“What for?”

“For being here with me, for loving me, and for everything that you did for me. All I can do to repay you is loving you with all of my heart. Is it ok?”

No, he doesn’t deserve her love. How can he deserve it when he is the one that kill her family?

“To be loved by you is the most precious thing that ever happened to me.” Said Jong-kook while kissing Ji-hyo’s cheek.

“Love, I’ve been curious on something.”

“What is it, oppa?”

“I’ve seen you when you’re in love, just like this moment. But i’m curious what will you do when you hate someone so much.”

“Hmm….. it depends on what he did to me.” Ji-hyo turn her body around to face Jong-kook. “Wae? Did you make a sin to me?”

Jong-kook chuckled. “Ani! I’m asking you this so that I will always remember to not hurt you even the slightest.”

“Give me the sample of a case then.”

“Okay, what if someone hurt your best friend?”

“If that someone physically hurt my best friend, of course I will simply call the police to solve it. But if he emotionally hurt them, I will just giving some advices to them. It’s not like I’m a bad friend, but I don’t want to be involved in someone’s problem. Because I believe the problem born to be solved by them who created it.”

“Then….. What if someone hurt your family?”

“Family?”

“Yeah, it can be your relatives, cousins, grandparents, or even…… your parents.”

“If….. Just if someone hurt my parents, I will kill him with my own hands.” She replies without hesitation. Somehow the gaze in her eyes changed. “Whether he hurt my family physically or emotionally, I will kill him. I don’t care if I have to get into prison for killing that person. As long as he died in my hands, I’m satisfied enough.”

Keure, you have a right to kill me, Ji-hyo ah…  And I’m willing to die in your hands…...

Jong-kook smiles. “Good. Make sure you kill him with your own hands, arachi?”

“Of course! I will make sure he get back what he did to my family. Oh, anyway you also should help me to kill him, oppa. What if he is big scary guy?”

Jong-kook laughs. “I thought you said that you will kill him with your own hands.”

“Yes…… but he will definitely can beat me in a matter of second if he is as big as you. Besides, what’s the use of having a muscular boyfriend if I didn’t use him at a case like that, right?”

“You’re right, baby. When you can’t do it by yourself, that’s the moment I will help you.”

“Good boy. Now, what else?”

“There’s no more case. Those 2 cases enough to makes me know you better.”

Talking about family somehow reminds her of a document that she read related to her parents accident. She doesn’t want to believe what she read on those paper because there is no way CIS would do cruel things to her. Not after she helps them with some of their missions.

“Oppa…..”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter