Explanation

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seung-won samchon asked me to give both you and Jong-kook hyung a punishment because you both spending more than 15 minutes to get back here.” Said Min flatly.

His voice somehow makes her back to reality again.

“Now, I want you to squat walking for 2 rounds from here until the pool side.”

What??

Ji-hyo looking at Min with a visible hateful in her eyes. While Jong-kook already squat down, Ji-hyo keep standing still while glaring at Min. If it’s so easy for him to deceive her all this time, then she won’t make it easy for him to become her mentor.

“SHIRO!!” Answers Ji-hyo finally with a loud voice while still glaring at Min.

“Come on, Ji-hyo ah…. Don’t do this to me. I did owe you an explanation, but we can talk about that later. Now, can you please do the punishment from me? I don’t want to force you, Ji-hyo ah…” Min’s voice sounds like pleading now.

“Then do it! You can force me if you want. We don’t know each other, right?”

“Ji-hyo ah jaebal….. I’m sorry for everything that happened months ago, but I don’t have any choice at that time because samchon ordered me to get close to you and..….”

“Maybe you don’t have any choice at that time, but these past months, you keep deceiving me….” Ji-hyo cut his words. Her tears also starts to rolling down to her cheek again.

She did lost contact with Jong-kook, but not with Nam Goong Min. They keep in touch, sometimes doing videocall, and keep telling how they have been doing until before she goes to this city again. She’s hurt. She feels like being betrayed by someone who is very close to her.

Jong-kook no longer squat down. He already standing up again but didn’t dare to meddling up their conversation. Seeing this reaction from Ji-hyo when knowing the truth about Min must be shocked her. If he say something, her anger’s target might be move to him from Min because up until now, he doesn’t really have a time to talk about what happened months ago. Just like Min, he also owe an explanation to her.

“Ji-hyo ah please don’t cry…. I promise I will explain everything to you. But for now, please do what I say, okay? It’s much better when I giving you the punishment rather than Seo-jin samchon….”

“I don’t care! I don’t want to listen or do anything that coming from your mouth!” Ji-hyo’s voice is getting louder.

Jong-kook who’s worry about how loud Ji-hyo’s voice starts to speak out his mind. He’s afraid one of his samchons still in the house and hears her loud voice. “Ji-hyo ah, for once, just do what he said, okay? And keep lowering your voice or else samchon might coming here.”

And he was right. Ji-hyo’s glare now move to him.

“And you! You also didn’t have any right to order me!! You’re no diferent with him!”

Min sighs. He then move closer and whispers something to Jong-kook. The way Jong-kook nodding his head, seems like he agree to whatever Min said to him.

Seeing this makes her anger risen. She also remember on how Min called Jong-kook with ‘hyung’ title which means they’re close.

Both Jong-kook and Min went closer to Ji-hyo. “Ji-hyo ah mianhae, but we have to do this.” Said Jong-kook before grabbing her hands and about to shut with his hand.

But Ji-hyo quick enough to back away and answering with louder voice. “What are you doing Kim Jong-kook ssi?!!”

In the end, Jong-kook success to shut with his hand.

“Ji-hyo ah jaebal… I need you to calm down. I’m afraid samchon might hear your loud voice.” Asked Min, still with his pleading voice. “I will explain to you now about everything that you want to hear. But I need Jong-kook hyung to do this because I don’t want you to let out any loud voice.”

Ji-hyo who can’t say anything just glaring at Min.

“Ji-hyo ah, I………” Min stop talking when he hears his phone’s ringing.

He quickly take his phone from his pocket and froze for a second after seeing the caller’s name. It’s Seung-won. Min also take a quick glance at Jong-kook before accepting the call.

“Neh samchon?”

“Is there something wrong, Min ah?”

“What….do you mean, samchon?”

“I feels like hearing someone’s shouting. And I suppose that’s Ji-hyo’s voice because it’s a woman’s voice.”

“Ah….neh, that was her voice. But don’t worry, there isn’t something wrong here. We just greeting each other……”

“Keure? Arasso. Just don’t forget to train them just as the procedure.”

“Neh, will do, samchon.” Said Min again before hang up the call.

“Is that Seung-won samchon?” Asked Jong-kook.

“Neh hyung. He heard Ji-hyo’s voice.” Said Min. He then move his gaze to Ji-hyo.

Min walks to her and slowly release Jong-kook’s hand from her. His hand take Ji-hyo’s hand and hold it tightly. “Ji-hyo ah, you can hit me, curse me, and do anything to me that pleased you, but for now please do what I say, neh? Samchon’s heared your loud voice and he also can seeing us through CCTV. I don’t want you get any punishment from him….”

At this time, she hates herself for having such a weak heart. At least he was there for her during her saddest moment for being left away by Jong-kook. With that thought, she starts calming down.

“Arasso. What should I do now?”

That simple answer from Ji-hyo makes Min smiling widely. He feels like want to hug his dongsaeng but no, he hold it. “Squat walking to he pool side for two rounds then run again at second track for 15 minutes. After that, you can take a rest.”

Without answering him again, Ji-hyo starts doing her punishment. Before Jong-kook also doing his punishment, he gives Min a slight smile as if telling him that he was doing a good job in persuading her.

 

After physical training sesson, the three of them goes to ther own room to clean themselves before heading to dining room. Seung-won and Seo-jin supposed to be there too, having dinner together with them, but they can’t join them since they are busy with something else.

It was awkward. There are only Ji-hyo, Jong-kook, and Min in dining room, but none of them speak a word. Min then trying to make a conversation with Ji-hyo.

“Ji-hyo ah, are you tired? Was our training session hard on you?”

“Ani.”

“Ji-hyo ah……are you that mad to me?”

Ji-hyo put down her spoon and look at Min who sit across her. “If you were me, what kind of reaction that you have when you found out someone who you dearly love as sibling and you cared of is actually someone who has been lying and deceived you all this time?”

“Ji-hyo ah, it’s true that I was lying to you about my real identity, but everything that I was telling you back then, about my story, my family, it was all true. I also really love you as my dongsaeng, Ji-hyo ah.”

“Shut up! I don’t want to hear any more lies from you.”

Before Min could reply, his phone’s ringing.

“Neh samchon?” Min greets the caller.

“I need to discuss something with you. Come to Seo-jin’s working room now.” Said Seung-won to the point before ended the call.

When Min put down his phone, Jong-kook asked him. “Wae? What happen?”

“It’s Seung-won samchon. He just want to discuss something with me now.”

“Keure? Then you should go. Better not to make him wait.”

“Yeah, but…….can I really leave you two alone?”

“What do you mean?”

“Aniya…..I’m just worried if I leave you two alone, this room is gonna be a war room.” Said Min, trying to tease Ji-hyo.

But Ji-hyo seems didn’t interested on what he’s talking. She keeps eating and looking at her plate.

“Don’t worry Min ah, that won’t happened.” Jong-kook answers for Ji-hyo.

“Okay then, just make sure to not break anything, neh?” Said Min again before leaving the room.

And when Min leave, the room become a total silent again. This is the first time they are in a room without anyone else, just the two of them. This is probably the perfect time if he wants to explain everything to Ji-hyo, but after thinking hard about it again, what’s the use of him explaining to her if in the end they still can’t be together?

“Erm…… Ji-hyo ah, I want to apologize on behalf my cousin.” Jong-kook trying to make a conversation to easae the awkward moment between them.

“Your cousin?”

“Neh, Ha Dong-hoon, the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter