Going to Nice

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong-kook coming out from his room, heading to kitchen to filling up his empty stomach. He directly goes to the fridge to search his meal. Just when he reheating the meal, someone suddenly tapping his shoulder which makes him jump in shock.

“YAH NAM GOONG MIN!!” Jong-kook shouting while rubbing his chest to calm his heart.

“Hahaha hyung! Why did you look that shock? Are you making a crime? Stealing something from this kitchen, perhaps?” Min tease Jong-kook while laughing hard.

“Cih, I live here, why would I steal something from my house?” Said Jong-kook while taking out his meal from oven. “How about you? What are you doing in here?”

“Yah hyung! I live here too. Wae? I can’t walk around in my house?”

“Aishh, you know what I mean, right? You can’t be here for too long.”

“I guess it’s okay, Ji-hyo isn’t here anyway. She will be here on Monday.”

“Yeah…. But what if she suddenly coming here to take something?”

“Relax, hyung. Seung-won samchon already allow me to spend a night here. It means it safe for me to be here.”

“Arasso, just make sure you leave tomorrow.”

Min squinting his eyes. “Are you hiding something from me? Why you keep chasing me away?”

“Ani, why would I? Anyway, let’s talk at living room.” Jong-kook walk away.

“Sure, I also want to discuss something with you.”

The two of them then walk together to living room.

“Min ah, how far your relationship with Ji-hyo?” Jong-kook starts.

“Just until oppa – dongsaeng relationship. You know that my mission is to be her close observer, of course I have to be as close as possible with her.”

“Are you sure? I mean, not more than oppa - dongsaeng thing?”

“Of course! Wae? Are you jealous?”

“What do you mean by jealous?”

The glint in Min’s eyes starts to change into serious one. “Hyung, just because I didn’t confront you, doesn’t mean I didn’t notice that you’ve been observing Ji-hyo around her course site these 2 weeks. And what’s with the last time we meet? I thought you’re well aware that when her being outside this house, I’ll be the one who will observe her, and your mission is to be her mentor, which means your territory is only in this house.”

“I….. just happened to be around that area at that time.”

“Really? Then why you look like a jealous boyfriend caught your girlfriend cheating back then?”

Jong-kook frowns. “Mwuh? Do I looks like that?”

“Keurom! Do you like her, hyung?”

Jong-kook didn’t answer. Yes, he likes her. Wait, no. He thinks he isn’t just like her, but…… he loves her. But of course, he can’t say that out loud to Min, his cousin, no matter how close they are.

Seeing Jong-kook keep his mouth shut, Min only can sigh. “Hyung, whatever your feeling to her, I just want to remind you that you can’t break the rule… I beg you, hyung…. I don’t want Ji-hyo to get punishment from samchon.”

“You don’t have to worry about that. I’ll make sure Ji-hyo won’t get punishment.” Jong-kook give Min a reassuring smile before get up from his seat and leaving Min.

 

 

“Good morning, imo…” Ji-hyo entering kitchen while yawning, greeting Ji-soo who’s currently cooking their breakfast.

“Good morning, Ji-hyo ah. Have good sleep last night?”

“Neh imo, hehehe… Is there anything that I can help, imo?”

“No need, our breakfast is almost ready.”

“Hmm... okay then. Anyway imo, where’s uncle Pierre?”

“Ah, he left earlier this morning, you know he would be quite busy on week-end.”

When they’re still preparing their breakfast, suddenly Ji-hyo’s phone ringing. She sees unknown number appearing on screen. Without hesitation, she accepts the call.

“Hello…”

“Ji-hyo ah, it’s me.”

Ji-hyo frozen upon hearing Seung-won’s voice. But before Ji-hyo reply, Seung-won continue.

“Keep talking with me in English. Just pretend I’m your course’s teacher, ok?”

“Yes….. Monsieur.”

“Good, now let me talk to Ji-soo ssi.”

Ji-hyo do what Seung-won asked her to.

“Erm…. Imo, my teacher want to talk with you.” Ji-hyo give her phone to Ji-soo.

Ji-soo obviously look confused, but she takes Ji-hyo’s phone.

“Hello.” Greet Ji-soo.

“Hello, good morning. Are you Kim Ji-soo, Song Ji-hyo’s guardian?”

“Yes, I am. May I know what happen?”

“Oh, don’t worry ma’am, nothing happened. Actually, I just want to ask permission from you. Tomorrow, our class would go to Nice to study about southern culture of France. We will stay there for 3 days. As you already know that next week will be the last week of her batch, so I guess taking my students out to study French’s culture would be great and memorable to them.”

“Really? Woah, that’s good! I bet your students might be happy being in a beautiful city.”

“They sure are. So, you allow Ji-hyo to come with us?”

“Of course! She would be very happy being there.”

“Thank you for your permission, ma’am. Can I talk with Jihyo again?”

Ji-soo passed the phone again to Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo make her way back to her room so that Ji-soo won’t heard her conversation.

“Yes, Seung-won ssi?”

“Ji-hyo ah, you might starts pack your thing. Tomorrow, we will go to Nice for 3 days. Lucas will wait you at your neighborhood. For the detail, I will tell you by the time we meet tomorrow.

“Arasso…”

Seung-won ended the call the moment he got an answer from Ji-hyo.

Ji-hyo only can sigh. Seung-won amazingly can do his magic to make her parents believe that she will extend her course for a month because she’s one of the most diligent student and she get a free one month course because of that. He also success to make Ji-soo imo believe that after the course ended she will traveled around Europe for a month with her friends. Of course, he called her parents as her course’s teacher, and he called Ji-soo as her Korean friend.

“So, I have to passed my birthday being around Seung-won and Kim Jong-kook? I hope Kim Jong-kook didn’t change again lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter