I'm sorry

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s cold. Ever since their last fight, their relationship turns cold. Ji-hyo didn’t try to contact Jong-kook first, and so did he. Although they live at Seung-won’s, it’s weird that they didn’t get to see each other. It’s quite unfair for her. It’s been almost 3 weeks since they’re in this silent war and she starts missing him like crazy, yet she can’t see even a glimpse of him. But of course, he could see her almost everyday. Capturing her daily life is his mission.

Just when she thought of him, her phone’s ringing. She’s surprised to see the caller’s name. It’s someone whom she missed the most. Kim Jong-kook. But Ji-hyo didn’t accept the call right away. She’s thinking what should she says to him. Should she say sorry to him first? And after few seconds, she finally accepts the call.

“Neh, oppa?”

“Hey… Ji-hyo ah, are you free tonight?”

“Tonight? Erm… yes, wae?”

“Then I will book your night. We’re going to have a dinner.”

It’s about time they should meet and talk about the problem with a cold mind. That’s why she accepts his invitation right away.

“Okay, where and what time should I be ready?”

“I’ll text you about the details. See you tonight.”

And Jong-kook cut the line just like that which makes Ji-hyo looking at her phone in disbelieve.

“What’s this? Is he still mad at me? Is he really trying to make a peace or worsen the fight?”

Even though she feels annoyed with his attitude, but she can’t lie that she also feels happy. Hearing his voice after quite a while makes her happy, knowing that he’s okay. But, hearing his voice makes her missed him more.

Few hours later, her rooms become a messy one. Jong-kook told her to use a semi-formal attire since they are going to a 5 stars restaurant and he also asked her to go there with Lucas, her personal driver. It feels like she’s back to her very first date. She becomes so picky in choosing a dress. And she didn’t realize that it’s already more than an hour since she’s standing in front of her closet just to pick the right dress.

It’s 7pm and she already stands in front of the restaurant. Just when she’s about to enter the restaurant, someone greets her from behind.

“Oh! Uri Ji-hyo is here!” Said Haha cheerfully. “Woahhh you look pretty in this dress!” He shows two thumbs up to Ji-hyo.

“Omo! Haha oppa, what are you doing here?”

“Aishh what do you mean by that? I’m also part of this family member! Of course, I should come.”

At this time, Ji-hyo has a feeling that she won’t just meeting Jong-kook, but she will also meet her cousins as well.

“So……. The others already coming?”

Haha shrugged his shoulder. “Probably.”

“Hm……. Haha oppa, can I ask you something?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Can you come in first and ask Jong-kook oppa to come here?”

“Wae?”

“I….. I have something to talk with him privately. It’s about our mission.”

“Ah, okay then. Wait here.”

Haha then rushes in to the restaurant. No need a minute and Jong-kook coming out to meet her.

“Oh Ji-hyo ah, wae? Why aren’t you coming in?”

Ji-hyo didn’t reply right away and just glaring at him. He acts like nothing happened between them.

“Ji-hyo ah, wae?” Jong-kook asked again.

“Wae? WAE?? Are you seriously being like this, Kim Jong-kook??” Ji-hyo rises her voice.

Jong-kook quickly look around after hearing how loud Ji-hyo’s voice.

“Ji-hyo ah……”

“I thought it will just the two of us. Why didn’t you said that ‘we’ that you refer is the cousins?”

“Ji-hyo ah, please….. can we talk about this after dinner? We will go to your apartment to talk about this, okay?”

Ji-hyo shook her head. “I know it’s all my fault. I made you hurt. But I also can’t do anything, I just do what they ordered to me. Why do you have to punish me like this, oppa? I might look happy outside, but I’m suffering inside! Am I the only one who feel like that? Don’t you love me anymore after tailing me around and seeing me become another man’s girlfriend??” Her eyes already teary while saying this.

Jong-kook suddenly hugs her. “I’m sorry….. I’m sorry, Ji-hyo ah. I……..”

“Well, well…… what do we have here? Are you two shooting a drama?”

A sudden voice surprised them. They are more surprised to see the owner of that voice.

“J….Ji-sung ssi……” Jong-kook stuttered.

“Ah, I guess our famous couple reunited again.” Ji-sung smirks.

Ji-hyo didn’t dare to look at Ji-sung and she just looking down. Seeing her in fear, Jong-kook holds her hand while bring her behind him.

“How sweet.” Ji-sung commented on how Jong-kook acts. “But both of you should explain about this to our CEO.”

“Ji-sung ssi, let me go with you. I will explain about this to samchon.”

“No, both of you should come.”

“Ji-sung ssi, please……”

“I will come too.” Said Ji-hyo suddenly.

“Ji-hyo ah, andwae. This is too dangerous.” Jong-kook looks worried.

“What’s the point coming later when in the end I will have to face The Pillar to explain about this too?”

“Smart thinking, Ji-hyo.” Ji-sung smiles at her, but somehow Ji-hyo scared to see him smiling like that.

“Now both of you coming with me.” He ordered.

Ji-hyo and Jong-kook follow what Ji-sung said obediently. Their hands still tightly interlocked as if they didn’t want to be separated. While walking towards the car, Jong-kook keep telling her it’s okay and she doesn’t have to be scared. It’s true. Ji-sung won’t lay his hand on Ji-hyo since she’s holding an important role in her mission. But of course, he can do anything to Jong-kook. He’s sure that Ji-sung would punish him, but he hopes that he won’t punish him in front of Ji-hyo.

 

Ji-sung brought them to White Room. It located in basement of Seung-won’s mansion. Just like its name, the room has a white colored wall and ground. This room usually used to interrogate and torture people before putting them into the jail.

The moment Ji-hyo enters this room, she’s shivering. There’s nothing in this room, but one chair at the center of the room.

“It’s okay, he won’t hurt you.” Jong-kook gives Ji-hyo a reassuring smile.

“Kim Jong-kook, sit there.” Ji-sung point the chair with his finger. “And Ji-hyo, stay here quietly.”

Before Jong-kook going to the chair, he goes to face Ji-hyo and whisper something to her. “I love you, Ji-hyo ah. I won’t give up on you, no matter what. And I’m sorry if I always hurt you.”

Ji-hyo’s eyes gets teary again. Because of her, now they are in a big trouble, and her boyfriend is in danger. If only she lowered her voice or take him to other private area to talk about their problem, or if she obey his request to talk about their problem later, they wouldn’t be here right now.

After Jong-kook sitting at the chair, Ji-sung starts talking with Jong-kook.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter