The offer

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji-hyo staring blankly at the backyard of Seung-won’s mansion from her room alone. When she was coming here, she did all the job that Seung-won gave to her with all her might. Her goal is only one. To get back home safely and surrounded with the warmth of her family as soon as possible. Without her realizing it, her tears already streaming down again.

It’s been 3 days since she heard that bad news about her parents. Seung-won didn’t allow her to come back alone and ask her to stay here for few days until Jong-kook and Min coming back so that they can accompany her to Korea. He also didn’t allow Ji-hyo to go back first because he still wants to search and make sure whether Ji-hyo’s parents really dead or not since their body haven’t been found yet.

While Seung-won working with his people to search her parent’s whereabouts, Ji-hyo try calling her friends in Korea. She called Yeo-jin first as she was the first one who called Institute de Paris to tell Seung-won about this news. Yeo-jin knows the news because her father works in Consulate of Korea in Peru. With Seung-won’s permission, Ji-hyo get to call all her relatives and friends.

Ji-hyo crying hard when she got a call from Yeo-jin’s father. Beside Seung-won and his people, Ji-hyo rely on Yeo-jin’s father as a trustable informant. Her hope is breaking into pieces once Yeo-jin’s father said that no one’s survive on that accident since the plane itself burnt and fell near amazon river.

The thought of she will be all alone in this world makes her scared. Although she already has a job and has a lot of savings from Seung-won, but what’s the use of all of that when she can’t feel the warmth from her parents again?

“Ji-hyo ah……”

A familiar voice calling out her name. Ji-hyo quickly turn her head to the source of the voice and found two men standing not far from her.

“Oppa……….”

Seeing Jong-kook and Min somehow makes her wants to cry again.

Jong-kook waking in fast pace and immediately hug Ji-hyo’s small body. “I’m sorry to hear about your parents…….”

Ji-hyo can’t answer and starts sobbing on Jong-kook’s chest.

Min slowly make his way to Ji-hyo and rubs her back gently. “Be strong Ji-hyo ah…… We will always stay by your side. We won’t leave you……”

Ji-hyo pull her body from Jong-kook and looking at Min who already standing right in front of her.

“Oppa, is it true? Have you checked about my parent’s whereabouts?” Asked Ji-hyo still with eyes full of tears.

Min look down for a second before replying his dongsaeng question. “Mianhae Ji-hyo ah….. we already did our best to search your parents but we can’t find their body. It was a private jet and the plane totally burnt. Including pilots and flight attendants, there were total 8 people on that plane. We only found 6 bodies there meanwhile the 3 bodies are missing without trace. Your parent’s names are on the list of missing bodies.”

Min stops for few seconds as he sees Ji-hyo’s cries become harder. It’s hard for him to continue when he sees his dongsaeng in this state.

“Jong-kook hyung and I refuse to come home, not before we found the missing bodies. But Seung-won samchon reminds us to come back to accompany you. As much as we want to help you find your parent’s bodies, we also realize that we can’t let you alone in sadness like this.” Said Min again.

Jong-kook caressing Ji-hyo’s cheek lovingly while erasing tears stain on her face with his thumb. “Let’s go back to your home, Ji-hyo ah….. you need to be around your family and friends.”

“Oppa, you will come with me, right?”

“Of course, I will come with you. Even Min also will follow you. We won’t leave you……”

“At a time like this, I’m so thankful having both of you by my side.” Ji-hyo forces a smile.

“I will definitely by your side in any kind of situations. Whether it’s sad or happy moment, I’ll be there for you.”

Jong-kook kiss Ji-hyo’s forehead and cheek softly which makes Ji-hyo surprised.

“Omo! Oppa…….” Ji-hyo’s big eyes looking at Min.

Min laughs at the couple. “What? Why are you looking at me like that, dongsaeng ah? Do you want to hide that you’re dating this guy again from me? Not gonna happen!”

“Oppa…… is it okay if he knows about us?” Asked Ji-hyo to Jong-kook in worry.

“Don’t worry about that, Ji-hyo ah.” Answers Min on behalf Jong-kook. “My mouth is neatly sealed since Jong-kook hyung already bribe me with something so that I won’t let this secret leak out. Since Jong-kook hyung already done his part, now why can’t you do the same?”

“Huh?? Why should I?”

“To keep my mouth shut of course.”

“Andwae, my boyfriend already bribes you with something and I guess that should be enough.”

“Then I will tell samchon that you two…………”

Ji-hyo looking at Jong-kook with her big puppy eyes. “Oppa………”

Jong-kook who falls at her cuteness, quickly scold Min. “Nam Goong Min, you dare to tease my girlfriend?” Said Jong-kook with his scary look and while clenching his fist right in front of Min.

“Errr……. Hyung, I only . Why did you have to use violence in order to defend this spoiled and clingy girlfriend of yours?”

“What did you say? Spoiled and clingy girlfriend???” Said Ji-hyo while take a step forward to Min.

Jong-kook immediately hold Min’s body from behind, knowing that Ji-hyo would punish his cousin. Ji-hyo who saw Jong-kook helped her, quickly grab and pull Min’s hair as hard as she can.

“AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!! YAHHH SONG JI-HYO!!!! LET ME GO!! MY HEAD IS BURNING!!!!!” Min screaming in pain.

Ji-hyo and Jong-kook enjoying to bully Min. Ji-hyo even laughing hard now because seeing how funny Min’s face right now. For a while at this moment, she totally forgets her sadness.

Unknowingly to them, Seung-won already standing at the door, watching them laughing and screaming. Seeing this makes him smiles alone. It reminds him about him and his other cousins when they were young.

Jong-kook who’s busy laughing while holding Min’s body accidently saw Seung-won already standing at the door which makes him a bit surprised by his samchon’s sudden presence.

“Omo! Samchon…” Greet Jong-kook to Seung-won.

Min and Ji-hyo immediately looking at the direction where Jong-kook looking at and the three of them become quiet all of sudden.

“It’s good to see your laugh again, Ji-hyo ah….. I’m happy to see that.”

Ji-hyo stunned at Seung-won’s words. Yes, she was forgetting her sadness, but his words also like hitting her back to reality. A reminder that that her parents just passed away. But she tries her best to smile at Seung-won although it seems bitter. This is the best she can do for Seung-won who continuously being nice to her, for being her guardian angel since she came to this city again. She doesn’t want to make him worry.

 “Ah….. neh…… thanks to them, I can finally be happy even just for a while.”

“Anyway, since Jong-kook and Min already here, three of you can go to Korea now.”

“Jinjja? I can go back now?”

“Sure you can, Ji-hyo ah. I will feel at ease knowing that there are Jong-kook and Min who will taking care of you there.” Seung-won’s gaze move to Jong-kook and Min. “I will give you both 3 days off from working. You better taking a really good care of Ji-hyo.”

“Neh, we will. Gomawo samchon.” Said Jong-kook and Min in unison.

 

 

 

Few hours have passed and now Ji-hyo with Jong-kook and Min already standing at Incheon Airport. The moment Ji-hyo take a step inside the airport, she can’t help to let out her tears again. It’s weird that she feels like a stranger in her own country. Maybe it’s because she remembers that she’s all alone in this country. The only reason she went to Paris and doing those dangerous job is only to save her family. But now she feels like there is no reason for her to come back to this country.

Jong-kook who aware of Ji-hyo’s sadness stopped her from walking with grabbing her hand. When Ji-hyo turning around, she looking at Jong-kook blankly. It’s like her body is here but her mind isn’t here.

Slowly, Jong-koo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter