His mission

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung-won knows everything. Ji-hyo shocked when Seung-won talks about her plan with In-sung this morning and if he knew about that, she’s not surprised if Seung-won knows all of her conversation with In-sung, including when In-sung talks about his feeling to her. And start from today onwards, she will have to wear ear tablet again. Every movement that she makes is now controlled by Cha Seung-won.

There’s one thing that makes her can’t sleep last night. Should she tell this to Jong-kook? They promised to not tell each other when they got a mission. But this mission is kind of too sensitive for them. She should be someone else’s girlfriend. Jong-kook might be shocked and even upset upon hearing her mission. But deep inside, she knows that he will trust and support her. Right, she should tell her boyfriend about this, but not now. If she tells Jong-kook about this now, she’s 100% sure Jong-kook won’t be able to concentrate on his current mission.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo!!!!” In-sung shouts at spacing-out Ji-hyo.

“Oh, wae?” Ji-hyo wakes up from her deep thought.

“Wae??? Yah! I’ve been calling you more than twice.” In-sung get down from the ladder to look straight into Ji-hyo’s face. “Do you have a problem?”

“Problem? No, of course not.”

“Then why are you spacing out like that?”

Ji-hyo didn’t respond. She’s thinking what should she answer. It’s easier for her to hurt and fool stranger, rather than doing those things to someone whom you know fairly well.

“Gwenchana.” In-sung smiles at her. “You don’t have to tell me about this. One thing that you should know is, whenever you need someone to listen all of problems that clouding your mind, I will be the one who will do that.”

In-sung then turns his body and get back to work, painting the room. Ji-hyo only looking at his back. She’s touched and thankful for having him, as her friend. But sadly, she should hurt him. She will pay his kindness with something hurtful.

When she’s about to say something to In-sung, she heard Ji-sung’s voice on her ear tablet. Ji-sung not only Seo-jin’s right hand man, but Seung-won’s too. That’s why Seung-won trusts Ji-sung to take a lead on a mission on his behalf.

“Do something to make him fluttered.” Ordered Ji-sung.

Ji-hyo secretly sigh. She has no choice but to do what he ordered to her.

“In-sung ah.” Ji-hyo calls him.

“Wae?” In-sung turn his body around and Ji-hyo already standing right behind him.

She then slowly wiping his sweat that forming on his forehead with some tissues in her hand. This act of her makes his heart thumping wildly and confused at the same time. Although they always spending time together, but they never been this close.

“Thank you, for sparing your time to be with me, helping me to do all these hard jobs. You have no idea how grateful I am having you here with me.” She said sincerely while giving him the sweetest smile of her.

In-sung blushes upon hearing her words. But he’s trying to cover his blush by doing something that might divert her attention from his face.

“Are you sick?” In-sung put his palm on Ji-hyo’s forehead.

“Sick? Ani, wae?”

“Then why are you being weird today?”

“What do you mean by weird?”

“You just said something weird.”

Ji-hyo chuckled while slap In-sung’s arm lightly. “Yah!! It wasn’t weird. I just said and show you how grateful I am to you.”

“But you never been like this…….”

“I know. Is it wrong if I open up the real me when I’m with my closed one?”

In-sung grinning widely. “So….. I’m your closed one?”

“Well, yeah. You are my best friend.”

Suddenly In-sung pulls Ji-hyo’s body and hugs her.

“In-sung ah, what are you doing?” Ji-hyo feels a bit uncomfortable but she didn’t break free from his hug.

She feels uncomfortable because she knows that CIS currently watching over her. And what she means CIS is not just Seung-won. It could be The Pillar member who watch this scene, it could be her cousins too. But what she scares the most is if Jong-kook watching this. No, it can’t be. Jong-kook currently doing his own mission somewhere.

“Please stay like this for a while, Ji-hyo ah. Hugging your best friend is not a crime. In fact, your hug can add more energy to me.”

Keure. Let’s play this as fast as she can so that she can come back to Jong-kook’s arm very soon.

Ji-hyo lingering her hands around In-sung’s waist, hugging him back. “Don’t misunderstand me. I hug you so that you can have your energy back to finish our work.”

In-sung laughs. “Yes boss. I will make sure to finish our works. But please don’t move and let me enjoy your hug for a while, neh? After that, you’re free to bossing me around.”

When Ji-hyo hugging In-sung, she can slightly feel his heartbeat. She froze at that time. His heart currently thumping fast. She doesn’t even know whether to feel happy or guilty for making him like this.

She works twice for CIS before. And from her previous missions, all her target ended by losing their life. Actually, she feels nervous. She likes In-sung as her friend. She doesn’t want to lose him because he’s the only one her friend outside of CIS. She prays hard, hoping Seung-won or The Pillar won’t kill him.

Ji-hyo and In-sung spend a full day to finish their work. In-sung sit at a couch while looking around the room, admiring their work, while ji-hyo make a simple dish for their dinner. This is the best she can gives to him at this moment.

“Here, I hope you’re okay with this.” Ji-hyo gives In-sung a plate of spaghetti carbonara.

“Wow, did you really make this?”

“Yes, why? Is it too simple?”

“Ani, I’m impressed. I thought you said you can’t cook.”

Ji-hyo chuckled. “Well, I can’t cook a fancy and complicated dish. I only cook a simple dish like pasta.”

In-sung didn’t reply and quickly take full spoonful of the dish. His eyes went wide the moment he munches the pasta but then he frowns a bit which makes Ji-hyo curious whether her food is good or not.

“How is it? Is it good or bad?”

“It’s bad……..” In-sung move his gaze to Ji-hyo, looking at her expression. “It’s really bad because I could get addict to this food! Gosh! This is so delicious!”

Ji-hyo slaps In-sung’s arm playfully. “Yah! I thought it’s really bad.”

“What if it’s really bad? You want to make another one for me?”

“Of course! Because you’ve worked hard today, so I should treat you well, to pay your hard work.”

In-sung stop munching his food and smile at her. “Being with you all day long is enough to pay all of my hard work.”

Of course, Ji-hyo heard what he said. But she wants to make sure whether what she heard is right. “Mwuh??” Ji-hyo looking at him with her mong face.

In-sung put his plate and Ji-hyo’s to the coffee table in front of them. He then holds both of Ji-hyo’s hand.

“Ji-hyo ah, now I finally sure of my feelings towards you. I know that it’s so fast, but I can’t help it. I like you more than friend. I love you, Song Ji-hyo.”

Ji-hyo stunned. She knows she will hear this from him, but she didn’t expect she would hear it now. Before she could react and reply, Ji-sung’s voice can be heard on her ear tablet again.

“Great job, Ji-hyo. You could make him fall for you this quick. Accept him and be his girlfriend.”

Seeing Ji-hyo who only looking at him without replying his confession, makes him feels uneasy and nervous.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter