D-day

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji-hyo now standing in front of her target’s mansion in awe. It’s just as big as Seung-won’s mansion. But the difference is, Seung-won’s mansion has a classic design, and her target’s house has futuristic design.

“Let me take you to your room, princess.” Said In-sung while taking her suitcase from her hand.

“It’s okay. Let me bring my own things.”

“No no no. You just follow me, okay. Let me do my job as your boyfriend.” He shows his killer smile that can make thousands of women fall for him. Well, any women but her.

“Thank you….. Then, can you make an orange juice for me? I’m thirsty. And also I want to eat an……….”

“Yah! I’m your boyfriend, not your butler!”

“But……I’m craving an orange juice…….” Ji-hyo shows her puppy eyes.

“Aishh! Stop looking at me with those eyes!” In-sung cutely close his eyes.

“Hahahahaha…. I’m just kidding, boyfriend. Gaja, put our belongings to our own room and tour around this house.”

In-sung gladly accepted her request. It was a pleasure to spend a time with his girlfriend and family at the same time.

After put their suitcase in their room, they hang out at swimming pool area. This time, her jaw dropped upon seeing this area. The swimming pool is large, but what makes it cool is the view from this pool. The corner of this pool is designed like a waterfall and looks like the pool connected to the lake just right in front of the house. Infinity pool.

“Isn’t this view beautiful?” Asked In-sung.

“Too beautiful. I think I can spend all day in here.”

“Anyway Ji-hyo ah, did you bring your phone?”

“Neh, it’s in here, alongside my wallet. Wae?” Answered Ji-hyo while showing him her sling bag.

Without saying a word, In-sung take the bag off slowly from her.

“Wae? Ji-hyo asked again.

In-sung smirked. “Nothing, I just want to hug you.”

She was ready to be hugged by him. He did hug her for a second, but a second later, he pushes their body into the pool which makes them fall to the pool right away.

Ji-hyo shocked, but she didn’t get a chance to scream. She then quickly goes to the side of the pool.

“YAHH JO IN-SUNG!!! MICHEOSO??” She shouts while glaring at him. Deep inside, she feels relieved that she hasn’t wear her ear tablet.

“Yesss!! I’m crazy! I’m crazily in love with you!!” He shouts happily before following Ji-hyo to the side of the pool. But he is greeted by the sulking Ji-hyo.

“Aigoo mianhae Ji-hyo ah. I just want to have some fun with you.”

“Is it fun for you? What if I died due to shock that you gave me?”

The smile on In-sung’s face disappear in a flash seeing Ji-hyo glaring at him. “Mianhae Ji-hyo ah…… I just want to find a way to be alone just with you, without being seen with other people.”

“And do you think I want to be close with you after you made me this wet?”

“Are you really angry with me? I’m really sorry, Ji-hyo ah….. What can I do to make you forgive me?”

Right after he said that, Ji-hyo pushes down his head to the water and goes away from him, afraid that he might do the same to her. She then laughing hard.

In-sung look at Ji-hyo in disbelieve. “You are so dead, Song Ji-hyo.”

“Don’t you dare to come near me!”

“I don’t care!”

“Omo! What happened in here?” In-sung’s mother suddenly come to swimming pool area and surprised to see Ji-hyo and In-sung in the pool.

Ji-hyo uses this chance to upsets In-sung.

“Eomonim……In-sung push me to the pool.” Ji-hyo shows her puppy eyes again to his mother.

Her gaze moves to his son, glaring at him. “Jo In-sung! This is not a way to treat my guest, and your girlfriend!”

“But eomma…… she…….” In-sung stuttered.

“What if she gets cold? Do you want to take a responsible for it?” His mother continuously scolds him.

“Neh…. Mianhae Ji-hyo ah….. I won’t do that ever again to you.” He looks down.

His mother helps Ji-hyo to come out from the pool and give her a towel to dry her body. “You should take a shower now and wear a warm clothes, okay. And you should take hot tea too to warm your body. Don’t get sick, neh?”

Warm touch and the way his mother cares for her somehow reminds her of her mother. It’s been a while someone taking care of her, showing motherly love to her. And it makes her miss her mother.

“Eomma, where’s a towel for me?” Asked In-sung while get out from the pool.

“You take it yourself.” She answers shortly while make her way inside of the house.

“Ahh eomma! What if your son gets cold??”

Ji-hyo laughs at how childish he is.  She then goes to take a towel and put it around his shoulder. “Here, you won’t get cold. I won’t allow you to sick.” She says, sweetly.

In-sung lingering his hands around her waist and smile at her. “You know what? Sometimes I still can’t believe that you are my girlfriend. To have a beautiful, kind, and caring girlfriend like you, it doesn’t seem real for me. You’re too good to be true.” He gives a quick peck on her lips.

Guilty feeling start washing over her again. Aniya In-sung ah…… I’m not a good person. Please don’t say that…….

 

 

Another day passed by. Today is the D-day for her to execute the mission and the wedding day of In-sung’s mother and Victor, her target. But of course, there’s nothing happened during the event, since she will carry the real mission at night, after the wedding party. And during the event, she already met the new ‘faces’ of her cousins, including Jong-kook. She only can look at them without talking with them, since In-sung always stand by her side, as if afraid he will lose her.

When the night comes, Ji-hyo can’t calm her heart. It keeps pounding fast the more she nears to carry the mission. She then chooses to go to kitchen and make a hot chocolate to calm herself. But when she’s about to opens her room door, someone already open it from other side which almost makes her scream in surprise.

“Omo!!!”

“I’m sorry, miss. Did I surprise you?”

It’s Jong-kook. His voice is still the same, but since he wore latex mask of someone’s face, it makes her forgot sometimes that he is actually Kim Jong-kook.

“Yes, of course!”

“I’m sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter