His angel

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Ji-hyo waking up with a stiff body. All night long she has to sleep on her stomach in order to make the healing process faster. She lazily sits down on her bed and looking at her wound then smile. She’s smiling remembering how Jong-kook taking care of her wound last night and how handsome he is when he showing his smile.

He is really something. It’s only takes one day he is being nice to her and he can make her this crazy. Even just thinking about him can makes her smiling alone.

Ji-hyo then walking to bathroom to take a shower. Usually when she’s spending a night in here, she will have a breakfast with her mentor and his samchon. But last night Ji-won told her that Seung-won will leave at early morning, it means that she will have a breakfast just with Kim Jong-kook. Just thinking about that can makes her happy and has a good mood.

Ji-hyo happily walking to dining room, she just can’t wait to see Jong-kook and thank him for treating her wounds. Thanks to him she’s a lot better now even though she can feel a bit pain, but not as hurt as last night. Yes, it’s all thanks to him.

But the smile on her face faded as she found no one in dining room. Usually, at this time Jong-kook already in this room. He never late to take his breakfast. At that time, Ji-won coming to dining room as well.

“Err… Ji-won unnie, do you know where is Jong-kook ssi?”

“I’m about to tell you that. Jong-kook said that you should take your breakfast then go to meeting room to get a test from him. He already waiting there.”

“Is that so? Does he already have his breakfast?”

“I’m not sure about that. You just have you breakfast first, Ji-hyo ah.”

“Arasso…” Ji-hyo sigh.

She just realizes that it feels weird to eat alone. In Korea, she used to eat alone because her parents are quite busy. But ever since she comes to this city, she always eats together, whether it’s with Kim Ji-soo’s family, Nam Goong Min, or Kim Jong-kook and his samchon. Ji-hyo then eats he salad quietly.

 

 

Jong-kook currently at meeting room, waiting Ji-hyo to come. He buried his face on his hands, fighting the tiredness for staying up all night. The punishment that he received from Seung-won actually not the harshest punishment that he ever received from him, but his samchon did say something that makes him scared.

 

Jong-kook coming right away at Seung-won’s study room after treating Ji-hyo’s wound.

“Jong-kook ah, what’s wrong with you lately?” Asked Seung-won when Jong-kook come to his room.

“What do you mean, samchon?”

“You ran from your responsibility today, I know that you were going to your favorite pianist concert.”

Jong-kook widen his eyes, he didn’t think he would get caught. “Mianhae samchon…”

“And also, I got a report that you visit Ji-hyo’s course today and take her with you. Well, not just today, in fact you are quite often being around Ji-hyo’s course site to observed her, right?”

Of course, his samchon’s person will report him just like this. he knew it this would happen. “Samchon, I……”

“Wae, Jong-kook ah? You do know that there’s someone who watch over her when she’s outside, right? I think it’s not necessary for you to still observing her, besides, your job is to train her, not to observe how she’s been doing outside.”

Seung-won knows everything. There’s no use for him to defense himself. “Neh, mianhae samchon…”

“Do you like Ji-hyo?”

Jong-kook froze. That’s a question that he himself can’t answer. He is still questioning about that with himself. Everything that he knows is he like to see her smile, it’s like a vitamin to him, that’s why he observed her from afar, just to see her smile. After what happened earlier, he just realized that he hates to see her in pain and his heart aching when he saw her crying. Does he really like her?

“What are you talking about, samchon? There’s no way I like her.” Jong-kook said as natural as he can so that he can hide his feeling well inside.

Seung-won observed Jong-kook’s facial expression for few seconds. “Good. You know that you can’t have any special feeling to another agent, right?”

“Neh samchon… I already read about that rule.”

“But do you know the punishment if there’s an agent who’s getting caught for dating another agent?”

“I only read they will get a harsh punishment ever.”

“Neh you’re right. But let me make this clear to you. The punishment isn’t only for one person, but the two of them. I will make sure the two of them get the harshest punishment ever. Oh, wait. I guess I want to make the harshest punishment to the woman.” Seung-won smirks.

The moment Jong-kook heard this, his heart clenched. No, he can’t drag her into this. He should guard his heart. He can’t be weak to her anymore. He can’t like her. Jong-kook then look up to meet his samchon’s eyes. “Sure, samchon. You can do what you want to those who breaks the rule.”

Seung-won show a satisfied smile on his face. He then walk to his desk to take something and walk back to Jong-kook.

“Here. Wear this and go to jail. This is your punishment for tonight.” Seung-won give Jong-kook a bracelet.

Of course, Jong-kook knows the function of that thick bracelet. It means he isn’t allowed to sleep for a whole night. The bracelet kinda scary. It will squeeze his hand tightly and the pain is unbearable when he is sleeping. That bracelet detects his heartbeat. If the heartbeat is way too slow like when he’s sleeping, that thing will squeeze his hand. But if his heartbeat is also way too high like when he’s getting shock or panic, that thing will also squeeze his hand. The only thing to make that bracelet stop working it jobs is trying to be calm and bear the pain for few minutes until his heartbeat back to normal.

Actually, this punishment isn’t too harsh. That’s why Jong-kook looking at his samchon with confused look. He didn’t think he will give him this punishment because he already imagining that he will get beat up by Seung-won.

“Wae? You’re confused getting this as your punishment?”

Jong-kook just nodded.

“I’m still mad at you, but thanks to you I get to know how loyal Ji-hyo to you and to us. She even let herself being in pain and not saying the truth until the end. So, let’s just say that Ji-hyo save you from getting harsh punishment tonight.”

Yeah, she saves him and he owes her a lot about this. She’s just like his angel. An angel that coming to his life and stealing his heart.

“If you don’t have any question, you can go to jail now. Ji-won ssi will you. You will be released tomorrow morning at 7 AM. You have about an hour to prepare yourself to train Ji-hyo.

“Neh samchon…” Said Jong-kook before leave the room.

Through the night, Jong-kook can’t stop thinking about Ji-hyo, his angel. After thinking deeply about this, he chooses to not let his guard down. He has to be strong and not weak when he face her.

 

Just when he’s still replaying what happen last night, he heard a light knock on the door. It’s Ji-hyo. She’s coming in with her bright face, not to mention a wide smile also forming on her face. And this is what he scared the most after last night, to see her smile. His heart is seriously getting weak seeing that.

“Good morning Jong-kook ssi.” Greet Ji-hyo while put her best smile.

Jong-kook stunned looking at her for a second, but he has to shrugged the thought how beautiful she is this morning. No, actually, she always looks beautiful in his eyes, but this morning she’s more beautiful than ever because of that smile.

“Please sit.” He said shortly while pointing a chair across him.

Ji-hyo do what he told her obediently. But when she walks nearer him, she saw an obvious red mark lingering his wrist. She quickly changes her direction to him.

“Omo Jong-kook ssi! What happen to your wrist? Are you ok?” Ji-hyo asked in worry while holding Jong-kook wrist to check on him.

Jong-kook only can froze at his place feeling her soft hands make a contact to his wrist. He never feels this way. The feeling of how fast his heart beating just only seeing her presence near him, the feeling of how fast his heart beating by seeing her smiling, and the feeling of how fast his heart beating when their skin touch at one to another. His samchon’s word from last night then wakes him up again.

“I’m okay.” Jong-kook pulling his hand from hers.

Ji-hyo look up to Jong-kook’s face. Unlikely the usual him, right now he has dark circle under his eyes and he also looks a bit pale and tired.

“Really? But you don’t seem fine. Was it hard? I mean, a punishment from Seung-won ssi. What did he do to you?” Ji-hyo asked in concern.

“Didn’t I said that I’m fine? Why you have to make me saying the same answer twice?” Jong-kook raised his voice which makes Ji-hyo startled.

Seeing her eyes widen in shock, Jong-kook sigh, trying to control his own emotion. “Can you please just sit down, Ji-hyo ssi? We have to start the test.”

He makes her surprised twice. The Kim Jong-kook that sit right in of her right now and right here, it’s not the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter