The thing she hates

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung! Are you lost your mind?!!” Seo-jin burst out at Seung-won. “You do realize that this mission is very important. How could you give it to Ji-hyo? She hasn’t even get proper training.”

“I know.” Answered Seung-won calmly.

“Then why, hyung? You could give it to other agents who has bunch of experiences. Why her? Also, this mission scheduled to be executed in 2 months. Aren’t you being too much for doing it now and you even choose her to executed it.”

“Seo-jin ah, I know what I’m doing. Trust me, doing it now and giving it to Ji-hyo would give us so much benefit to know more information about our target rather than spending 2 months to search those information by ourselves.”

“And what’s your plan, Seung-won ah? You seem confident with your plan.” Asked Suk-jin.

“So, Ji-hyo currently doing a mission, but she doesn’t know that she’s doing a mission. Her mission is to get close with Jo In-sung. As you already know, he is son of Jung Mi-young, our main target’s soon to be bride. I simply told her to get French course again, knowing that In-sung would take a course there too. They might call this coincidence, to meet Korean fellow in other country, but of course, it’s me who made it happen.”

“I get it that you want to see their natural interaction. But hyung, you won’t tell Ji-hyo about this mission until the very end?” Asked Jae-suk.

“Of course not. I assigned Min to be her observer. Just when she’s close enough with Jo In-sung, that’s when I tell her about this whole mission plan.”

“What can I say? When our leader planned the mission by himself and showing his confidence, then I’m sure the success rate is 98%.” Suk-jin said, already happy imagining they would success carrying this important mission.

“Hyung, if you need something and help from our nephew, just call me. I will assign them to help out this mission right away.” Added Jae-suk.

“Keure, I will surely call you to assign all of our nephew on the last part of this mission.”

Seeing Suk-jin and Jae-suk’s happy face makes Seo-jin upset. He’s upset on how both of them always agree in everything that Cha Seung-won said. He then stands from his seat and leave the room.

 

 

Almost a month has passed, and Ji-hyo getting closer with In-sung as they meet every day. She learns so many things about In-sung. The fact that they’re the same age makes her much comfortable when she’s with him. For stranger, maybe they will look In-sung as a tall, cool, and handsome young man. But, despite of his perfect feature, he’s actually a very funny guy and as silly as Kwang-soo.

‘Ji-hyo ah! I’m very very very sorry I can’t help you arrange your apartment today. I know, I’ve promised you about this before, but I really can’t go. There’s something urgent that I need to take care of. I’ll see you in 3 days, okay?’

Ji-hyo sigh upon seeing a message from Min. Actually, since few days ago, Seung-won already told her to slowly rearrange her apartment unit. And he gave her freedom to do everything to her unit. Since her boyfriend currently doing a mission in other country, then she asked her oppa to help her. But then she got that message from him.

“Wae? Did something happen?” Asked In-sung curiously after seeing Ji-hyo deeply sigh while looking at her phone.

Ji-hyo and In-sung currently having a supper after their course ended.

“Oh? Ani, it’s just…… my cousin couldn’t keep his promise to help me.”

“Help you what? Is it urgent?”

“No, it’s not urgent. Actually, my uncle just bought me an apartment but I didn’t get a chance to rearrange it.”

“Keure? Since your cousin couldn’t help you, can I replace him to help you?”

“No need. It will be troublesome for you.”

“Aishh! Why did you treat me like we’re stranger? Aren’t we friends?”

“We are friends, but still……..”

“If we are friends, then let me help you.”

“In-sung ah, are you sure?”

“Sure as hell.”

“You promise to help me?”

“Nehh, I promise gongju-nim.”

“You won’t regret your decision, right?”

“Yah Song Ji-hyo! If you questioned me about this again, I will take back my words!”

Ji-hyo grinning widely. “Arasseo! Thank you, In-sung ah. As expected, I can depend on you.” Ji-hyo showing her two thumbs up to In-sung.

“So, when do we have to work? Now?”

“I don’t think so. Because we have so many things to do, I doubt we can finish it if we start this evening. How about tomorrow morning?”

“Okay, tomorrow will do. Since I have nothing to do on weekend.”

“Great!” Ji-hyo then focused on her phone, trying to search something. “So, what are we gonna do first? Painting? Installing few stuff? Or designing the position of my stuffs? Oh, or maybe…………”

“WAIT!!!” In-sung looking at Ji-hyo in horror.

“Wae?”

“Aren’t you needing a help to just rearrange your stuff? Why do you have so many lists?”

“Of course not. That’s all we have to do tomorrow. So, where should we start?” Answered Ji-hyo calmly while focus on cutting her steak.

“I start to regret my decision…………” Said In-sung in a very low voice.

But of course, Ji-hyo could heard it. “What did you say? You regret your decision??”

“A-ani…… I said, I think we should start on painting first.”

“Good.  You know, just because we’re friend, doesn’t mean I couldn’t kill you.” Ji-hyo smirks while playing with the knife on her hand.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo!! Put down that knife!”

“Wae? Are you scared?”

“Ani! Why should I? Anyway, don’t you have boyfriend? Why did you ask your cousin instead of your boyfriend?”

The night on her birthday, Jong-kook and Ji-hyo already talked about this. If there’s someone who asked whether they have boyfriend/girlfriend, they should answer it with a no. It’s to protect their relationship and because CIS worker could be everywhere, that’s why they have to be careful on everything that they said.

“If I have a boyfriend, I won’t bother you or my cousin.”

Then Ji-hyo sees how In-sung smile widely at her. “Why are you smiling like that?”

“Nothing. It’s just….. I might have a chance.”

“Chance of what??”

“To be your boyfriend, of course.”

Ji-hyo stunned hearing how straightforward he is. But she tries to remain calm.

“You want to be my boyfriend?”

“Neh!”

“Wae?”

“So many good things about you. I’m afraid if I tell you the list, you’ll late to go home.” In-sung then holds Ji-hyo’s hand. “Ji-hyo ah, actually I’m still not sure whether this is love or not. I only know that I’m comfortable being around you, I’m happy for being able making you smile and laugh, and I don’t like it the feeling of cannot see you even it’s just for a day.”

Ji-hyo didn’t said anything for few seconds and only looking at him.

“Keure, take your time to think about it, In-sung ah. Don’t forget to consider that what we’re going to do tomorrow is what we’ll be doing too in future if you’re my boyfriend. Also, I’m a fit person and love sports. At least you should accompany me to run at least 10 km in the morning and you should also……..”

“Wait, wait!! Okay, I think I also should consider to stay single for the rest of my life.”

In-sung make a funny face while saying that which makes Ji-hyo burst in laugh. She feels relieve at the same time because she’s able to change the topic.

“In-sung ah, let’s go home. You should be home early to accompany your mother shopping groceries, right?”

In-sung take a look at his watch. “Ah, right. Okay, let’s go home now, gongju-nim.”

In-sung casually put his arm around Ji-hyo’s shoulder once they walk out from restaurant. Ji-hyo also didn’t mind he’s doing that to her since they are friends. When they’re walking towards nearby métro station, Ji-hyo’s eyes capturing someone, standing still around 3 meters in front of her. Once she recognizes th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter