Following her heart

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever wanted to cry but no tears come out? Well, she did have feel it. Probably because she cried too much for few hours before Lucas fetch her. She just staring blankly into space while feeling her heart break into pieces the moment she stands at a corridor at second floor in Seung-won’s mansion. Her room and his room are side by side. She’s standing there for a minute before going in to her bedroom.

But when she opens her room’s door, tears that been stopped for quite a while coming again and wetting her face again. This room having some memories about her and Kim Jong-kook. He was showing his sweet and caring side towards her in this room. It hurts her like crazy again thinking their relationship already ended. They are not even dating for years and they didn’t have much memories together, but the hurt is way too much.

She walks towards her bed and sit there, scanning the room with her eyes. Before she was going to do the mission, she already packing her stuff in this room, so she doesn’t need to do that again. Her eyes then go to a flower vase that placed on her study desk. Red rose from Jong-kook still there and still live. Is that flower mocking her? Why does it still live when her relationship with the guy that gave this flower already dead?

Her phone’s suddenly ringing and Ji-hyo take the call without seeing who’s the caller.

“Ji-hyo ah, could you please come to my study room for a while?” Asked Seung-won.

“Neh… I’m coming down now.” She said with hoarse voice and cut the phone line after that.

 

“How’s your feeling Ji-hyo ah? How’s your hand?”

“A lot better.” She answered with a slight smile.

“Good to hear that. So, tomorrow morning you’ll going back to Korea, I want to give you this flight ticket and also this.” Seung-won handed her a flight ticket and a brown folder.

“What’s this?” She refers the brown folder.

“Open it.”

Slowly, Ji-hyo opens the folder and there are one HVS paper, one check, and one name card inside. Her eyes grew widen when she sees the amount in that check. She has to rub her eyes and blinks few times to make sure she’s not seeing wrongly. She’s currently holding a check with a nominal amount $100,000.

“Seung-won ssi………” Ji-hyo can’t find an exact word to express her feelings. It’s in between happy, excited, confuse, and surprised.

Seung-won chuckled seeing her funny expression. “If you’re gonna ask whether it’s for you, then my answer is yes. This is your payment from me. Thank you for your hard work these 2 months, Ji-hyo ah.” Before Ji-hyo could reply, Seung-won added. “Actually, I only give you 1/3 from your total salary for now. Your rest salary will be handled by my person whom his name card in that folder. He will be your financial advisor from now on.”

Her jaw drops. She doesn’t care she’s showing her worst expression to Seung-won. She just can’t believe this would happen to her. She thought she won’t get any payment for this job since she did it to protect her family and friends, but in the end she can protect them and become………..a sudden millionaire in such a young age.

“Thank you!! Thank you so much Seung-won ssi! I didn’t expect I would get a payment.” Said Ji-hyo with a wide grin plastered on her face.

“You look happy.” Seung-won tease Ji-hyo.

“Of course I’m happy! This is my first job and this is the first time I get a money with all of my effort. Moreover, I get money this much. Anyway, why do I need financial advisor?”

“Young lady, seeing an amount in that check already making you this excited, how can I trust you to have the rest amount with you? I guess you could spending all of them in a blink.”

“Aniyo! I’m not that kind of type who will overly spending money!”

“But still, it would be better if you have some savings, right? Let’s just say you can spends those amounts in that check but let the rest be your savings. But, if you really need money, you can call your financial advisor and ask him about your money.”

Now Ji-hyo looking at with full of admire. Maybe sometimes he can be cold and cruel, but he also can be wise and charming.

“I think you’re right. Thank you again, Seung-won ssi.”

“Arasso, you can go back to your room now and get some rest.”

“Nehh…”

When Ji-hyo about to leave her seat, something bothering her mind. “Anyway Seung-won ssi, can I ask you something?”

“Yes, sure. What is it?”

“I thought I failed carrying the mission, but you still give me a payment, treat me until I fully recover, and you didn’t even look upset, instead you look happy. I just wondering if I was doing a good job despite failing the mission.”

“You are not failing the mission, Ji-hyo ah. You’re succeed and we thankful of that. Your mission was only to put bugging device and we already get several classified information from Cha In-pyo when he was having a phone call and had a meeting with his secretary.”

“I didn’t fail? Then how can Seong-im came?”

“The real Seong-im will really come to the target’s house. She scheduled to come the day after you left. But somehow, she suddenly changed the date one day earlier which is the last day you’re there. My person in airport get to see Seong-im arrived in Charles de Gaulle. But when they’re about to kidnap her, she suddenly disappears and it turns out the target’s person found her first and bring her to the target’s immediately.”

“Ah…. So that’s the story…”

“Neh. Is there anything you want to ask?”

“Erm…. I guess no.”

“Okay then, you can go back to your room and take a rest.”

“Neh…”

“Have a good rest, young lady.”

“Thank you, Seung-won ssi.”

 

Few minutes after Ji-hyo leaving the room, Seung-won headed to meeting room. He has a meeting with his cousins, The Pillar.

“Seung-won ah, how’s Ji-hyo?” Asked Suk-jin once Seung-won sit at his seat.

“She’s better, hyung.”

“So, what’s the occasion you’re holding a meeting here?” Asked Suk-jin again.

“I want to let you know that I considered to recruit Ji-hyo as our agent and……...our family.”

“Wait, what? Hyung, you haven’t told me that you want to adopt her.” Protest Seung-won.

Jae-suk who already know Seung-won’s plan just keep quiet.

“Seung-won ah, I thought Ji-hyo still has parents. We can’t simply adopt her.” Said Suk-jin.

“Then we will have to wait until her parents gone.”

“Yah hyung! We can’t predict when someone will dead.”

“True, that’s why I put this plan as my long-term plan. All I need to do is waiting until that happened.”

“What makes you so eager to adopt her?” Asked Jae-suk.

Seung-won smile. “First of all, as you already know, Ji-hyo is different with any other girl. I mean, she may look weak outside, but she has a strong will inside. Just like recent mission, she’s trying her best to hang on and didn’t reveal her identity and nor about us. Normal girl would already give up, crying hard and begging them to release her, but she is not.”

“And that’s your reason to adopt her?”

“Ani.” Seung-won press a button on a remote that he holds and the projector starts showing a picture. “I was giving her a psychological test and look at her result.”

The three of them carefully looking at the scan of her test paper.

“Wait, isn’t it our test? I mean, a test to become an agent?” Asked Jae-suk.

“Yes, but look at the result.”

The three of them quite agape seeing the result of the test. For a young girl that been under pressure like her, she can hit a quite perfect score and it’s amazing. And her score is high enough to grouping her as a future leader. Her score even beat Jae-suk, Suk-jin, and Seo-jin’s in the past.

“You know, I’m not a type of person who believes in fate and coincidence. But every single of her answer is just the same as mine long time ago which makes it more interesting. Everything is the same except one question.”

What is God? They only have a different answer in this question. Ji-hyo answered the creator of the world, meanwhile Seung-won answered God is me. Although he is not believing in God, but Seung-won never prohibits his family member to have a religion. That’s their choice after all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter