Family

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello! It’s been a while I haven’t update. I deeply apologize to post an update this late. And thank you for those who choose to stay with this story. I have my reasons why I haven’t post an update for 2 months. Instead of telling my reason, let's just enjoy this chapter. Happy reading, my readers ❤

 

 

 

This house used to be cold for her. The only warmness in this house is when she was with Jong-kook. But today, it’s the first time Ji-hyo feels comfortable in Seung-won’s house. Everyone in family welcoming her presence warmly. She used to be pressured a lot and even feel scared towards Seung-won and Seo-jin, but today she’s not that afraid to them anymore. Since her second mission, Seung-won showing his angelic side and keep maintaining that up until now. The only person who doesn’t seems welcoming her is Seo-jin, but she doesn’t care. As long as most of them welcoming and like her, it would be enough for her.

Ji-hyo now on her way to Min’s bed room. Since The Pillar currently having a meeting, she uses this chance to have a talk with both her oppa and her boyfriend. She just getting out from her room when she meets Min.

“Oppa, can we talk?” Asked Ji-hyo while walking forward to Min.

Min stop his pace and looking at Ji-hyo without answering her question.

“Are you angry with me, oppa?”

“Why should I? Do you make any mistake that can makes me angry at you?”

“Mianhae oppa……” Ji-hyo now looking down just like a child being scolded.

“Ji-hyo ah, I’m not angry at you. I’m just a little bit disappointed at you and I know that Jong-kook hyung feels the same as mine. You made a huge decision by joining this family.”

“I know….. that’s why I’m sorry for not telling you beforehand about my decision.”

Min lift up Ji-hyo’s chin so that she would look at him. “Hey, it’s okay….. I told you that I’m not angry. It’s your choice whether you want to discuss with me or not. And now that you’ve made up your mind to be part of this family, of course I welcome you with open arms.” Min giving her a reassuring smile.

“You may hide samchon’s offer from me, but you shouldn’t hide it from Jong-kook hyung. He’s your boyfriend and I bet he feels upset. Have you talk to him?”

“Not yet…..”

“Wae??”

“Because I need your help, oppa.”

“Okay then. How can I help my little sister?”

Word ‘little sister’ that coming from his mouth somehow makes Ji-hyo smiles. She never thought having big brother would be this heartwarming.

“Can you knock his door for me and guard the door while I’m talking with him?”

Min looking at Ji-hyo in disbelieve. “Woah……. You really know how to use your brother, isn’t it? How could you ask that to me? Am I security guy to you?”

“Please oppa, just this once……”

Ji-hyo showing her big pleading eyes to Min because she knows that Min never say no when she shows that moves to him.

“Aisshhh arasseo. Just make sure that you can make up with Jong-kook hyung because when he’s in bad mood, he can be all grumpy and nagging all day long.”

“Yeayyy thank you oppa!! I love youuu!!”

“Huhh, you only said you love me when I granted your wish.”

“Yah! Even if you’re not granting my wish, I still love you as my one and only brother.”

“Okay, okay. Let’s go to the tiger’s chamber then.”

 

Jong-kook’s mood is going down today. He’s in between happy but not so happy to see his girlfriend. He doesn’t even know how to react when his samchon present her as the new family member. His happy vibe to see her again after 2 weeks is just 30% and the rest, he feels disappointed and upset towards her.

When he’s still drowning in his thought, he hears someone knocking his door.

“Hyung, are you inside?”

It’s Min’s voice. Jong-kook make his way towards the door and open it.

“Wae?”

“Are you still in bad mood, hyung?” Min grinning.

Jong-kook rolling his eyes and turn around to go to his bed. Just when he takes 2 steps forward, he hears a door being closed from behind.

“What do you want, Min ah? Just straight to the point.”

“Mianhae…”

Jong-kook stops his pace the moment he hears that voice. That voice isn’t belonged to his cousin, it’s Ji-hyo’s. He quickly turns his body around and found Ji-hyo standing right in front of the door.

“Mianhae, oppa….” Said Ji-hyo again.

“Why are you apologizing to me?” Jong-kook chuckle.

“Because I didn’t discuss this matter with you…..”

“You’re all grown up. You didn’t need to tell me everything.”

“That’s why I feel sorry. But I purposely didn’t tell you or Min oppa because I just want to surprise both of you. I thought you two would be happy, but….. I don’t think so.”

Jong-kook let out a deep sigh. “Do you think I will be happy to hear such news?’

Ji-hyo look at Jong-kook in confuse. “Do you mean you’re not happy to see me?”

“Ji-hyo ah, listen. If your presence is just working for CIS, I would be happy and welcome you with open arms. But now you appear with a title as a new member to this family. Do you even realize what’s that mean?” Jong-kook unconsciously raising his voice which makes Ji-hyo startled.

When Ji-hyo didn’t answer, Jong-kook continuous. “It means you’re trapped here for the rest of your life. The only way to get out from my scary samchons is death. Do you even think that far before you make this decision?”

“I guess I get the answer. You are not happy to see me being here.”

“Ji-hyo ah, that’s not the problem here. Can’t you try to understand my words? Can’t you…….”

“I know.” Ji-hyo cut off Jong-kook’s words. “Do you think I’m that stupid to come here with this huge decision? Do you think my happy moments in here with you and Min oppa can erase all bad and painful things that I passed in here? No. The answer is no. But do you know why I decide to take the offer from your samchon? It’s because now I’m all alone in this world and I only can rely on you and Min oppa. I’m fully aware that I will face so many hard times in future, but I also believe that you and Min oppa will always support me from behind whenever I face those hard times. Am I wrong having that thought when I made the decision?” Ji-hyo’s eyes now get teary.

“Ji-hyo ah…….”

“It’s okay. I understand if you don’t like my presence in your family. I will just distance myself from you.” Said Ji-hyo before turning her body, about to get out from the room.

But before she could reach the door knob, Jong-kook already hugging her from behind.

“Please don’t go…. I’m sorry, Ji-hyo ah…. I’m sorry if I was too harsh on you. I don’t know you have that thought when you made that decision.”

Jong-kook turn her body to face him when he didn’t hear her reply.

“Yeobo, I’m sorry….. I’m just too worried about you…… you said it yourself that you experienced bad and painful things while you were being here. Now that you’re joining this family, it means you will keep facing those painful things in future and I don’t think I can watch you getting hurt by samchon……”

Ji-hyo shows a slight smile. “Then I will try my best to not getting hurt. I will well behave and obey everything that The Pillar’s order to me. You can trust me on this.”

“You missed one thing, Ji-hyo ah.”

“Huh? What is it?”

“You also have to try your best to protect our relationship. We should do that together. With you joining this family, I admit it will be risky to defend our relationship, but I promise I will do my best to protect us.”

Ji-hyo gives a peck on Jong-kook’s lips. “This is why I love you so much, oppa. You willing to do everything in order to protect me and our relationship. Words can’t describe how thankful I am to have you.”

“Is that mean you forgive me, yeobo?”

“Of course! How about you? Will you forgive me too, oppa?”

“Only if you give me a kiss.” Jong-kook let out a mischievous smile.

“Didn’t I just gave you one?”

“Ani, it was just a peck. What I want is a kiss,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter