The best present

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji-hyo sees the grin on their faces. They make her feel special with their own way. From the first day she’s officially come into this family, they already treat her like a sister.

“Make a wish, then blow the candle, dongsaeng ah.” Said Min, still with big smile on his face.

Ji-hyo closes her eyes for few seconds before opening her eyes again and blow the candle.

“Now, it’s present time!!” Said Kwang-soo excitedly.

Haha about to handed her a paper bag when he realizes that Ji-hyo's hand still tied. “Oh right, your hand still being tied. Let me open this present for you.”

Ji-hyo blankly staring at Haha who is currently busy opening his present for her. Her eyes got wider when Haha proudly showing his present, a pen knife.

“Ji-hyo ah, I’ll give you this pen knife. This is one of my collections. Since you’re the only female in our family, at least, you should have this with you. Just in case something happened, you can use , arachithis?”

Jong-kook and Gary chuckling upon seeing what Haha gives to Ji-hyo.

“But Ji-hyo ah, you should be careful, okay? Having any sharp thing as personal belonging is listed as orange code.” Said Gary.

“Okay, now it’s my turn.” Said Min.

He’s taking something, not to small, it’s a phone sized thing which he wrapped with a paper. When Ji-hyo sees Min’s hand ready to rip the wrapper, she just realized something.

“Oppa, can you just untie my hands? I want to unwrap all my presents by myself.”

Min shook his head. “No, it’s our tradition. We will untie your hands when we’re done showing our presents to you. And you have to promise to not attack us with the presents that we give to you.”

Ji-hyo feels like what Min said is funny so that she laughs hard. Well, it is really funny, indeed. How could she attack 5 men? Even with knife on her hand, it would be impossible. This family is crazily funny.

“Okay if you said so.” Answers Ji-hyo while smiling at them.

Min then shows his present, it’s electric shocker. “This probably can be listed as yellow code if the reason is to defend yourself. Moreover, you’re a woman. Nowadays, it’s pretty normal for a woman having this inside their bag.

“Neh, gomawo oppa. But, is that thing is really works? I mean, it’s not a toy, right?”

“Of course! You want me to show you that this thing is real?” Min moves his gaze to Kwang-soo and move towards him.

“Eyyyy hyung!!! Why me?? What did I do wrong?”

“Oh come on, Kwang-soo ah. Can you sacrifice yourself for the sake of your noona?”

While Min teasing Kwang-soo, Jong-kook moves forward to his loved one.

“Happy birthday my love.” Said Jong-kook with a low voice, but he already makes sure Ji-hyo would hear it. He then moves his head towards Ji-hyo’s ears. “I want to hug and kiss you, but let’s save it when we already in your room, okay?” Whispers Jong-kook to Ji-hyo which makes her face blush.

“Anyway, I hope this will be useful for you.”

Jong-kook shows her a bracelet with a little pendant on it.

“This might look a normal bracelet, but it’s actually not.” Jong-kook then taking of the pendant and it shows a sharp thing inside the pendant. “You should wear this bracelet when you’re doing your mission. I mean, with you wearing this, at least you can avoid dangerous scene.”

“Thank you oppa, I love it.” Ji-hyo smiles at Jong-kook lovely. She then mouthed I love you to Jong-kook.

“Woahh, how nice is it having a girlfriend who always stay beside me 24/7.” Said Gary suddenly upon seeing lovey dovey act between Jong-kook and Ji-hyo.

“Then find yourself a good and beautiful girlfriend like mine.” Claims Jong-kook proudly.

While Ji-hyo just showing a blush smile to Gary.

Later, Kwang-soo gives Ji-hyo a necklace with a super small tracer inside the pendant, and Gary gives her a not so big gun which shocked Ji-hyo and the others.

“Yah Kang Gary! How could you give my dongsaeng a gun?” Asked Min.

“Oh come on, she already passed 20 years old. Although she hasn’t learnt how to shoot something with a real gun, she will learn it soon. Besides, it’s not like any of you didn’t have a gun in your room. Also, my present categorized as orange code, just the same as you guys.”

“Err….. guys.” Ji-hyo seeking an attention from them. “I would like to thank all of you for the present. It’s all lovely and……creepy at the same time. But I know that your intention is for me to be safety 24/7. So, can you please untie my hands?”

“Will you promise me to not attack us with our present?” Asked Haha.

“Of course, I won’t. But, if you want me to attack you so bad, I could do that for you.” Ji-hyo tease Haha.

“Haha hyung, I think I will just put our presents inside the paper bag, just in case noona change her mind...” Kwang-soo initiates.

At this time, Ji-hyo laughs hard. “Oh my God, you guys are so funny.” She then trying to hold her laugh. “Keure, I swear I won’t attack any of you.”

Gary moves behind her and untie the rope on her hands. When her hands are free, she lets out a sigh while rubbing her wrist.

Seeing her wrist has a red mark, Jong-kook moves towards Ji-hyo.

“Gwenchana? Does it hurt?” Jong-kook grab Ji-hyo’s hands to check the red mark.

“I’m okay, oppa. Don’t worry about it.” Little caring words from Jong-kook somehow makes Ji-hyo smile widely. She loves how Jong-kook cares about her.

“Are you sure? But you still have to put an ointment on it, okay?”

“Oppa, this is small matter. I’ve been tortured a lot until I passed out back then, this mark not even reach a percent compared to the pain I’ve been through at that moment.”

“Aigoo you lovebirds, enough with the drama, will you? Don’t you see their cringe faces?” Said Min, referring Kwang-soo, Haha, and Gary.

“Wae? I just do my duty as her boyfriend, to make sure that she’s fine.” Answered Jong-kook nonchalantly.

“Ah, anyway, thank you again for tonight.” Ji-hyo tries to divert the topic. “I really didn’t expect this would coming. You don’t know how happy I am today. Thank you for this little surprise party, and thank you for…….. keeping a secret about me and Jong-kook oppa.”

“You’re very welcome, Ji-hyo ah.” Min answered on behalf the other. “It’s our duty to keep each other’s secret, as a family.”

“So, where’s the cake?” Asked Ji-hyo, full of expected.

“Noona, didn’t you just receive a huge cake during dinner?”

“Aishh, that was different. I bet that cake from our samchon. I mean, where’s the cake from you guys?”

Haha look at the watch. “Oh, I guess it’s the time for us to go back before one of our samchon coming here.”

Ji-hyo look at Haha in disbelieve. “Woahh oppa, I never know you’re this stingy.”

“Haha was right, Ji-hyo ah.” Jong-kook speaks up. “Actually, we only have an hour to be here or maybe less. We should get out from here before we get a punishment tonight.”

“But the cake…….”

“Ji-hyo ah, oppa will buy you the cake tomorrow, okay? For now. Let’s just go back to our room.” Min side hugging Ji-hyo while walk her outside from basement and heading to her room.

“Min ah, let me take her to her room.” Said Jong-kook from behind.

“Wae? Do you want to do ‘something’ with my dongsaeng?”

“What if I say yes? You want to join us?”

“Errr….. no thanks. Who would want to be in the same room with nagging tiger and angry bird?” Said Min before quickly running away to save himself.

“Aishh!! I will surely kill him the next time he calls me that again!” Jong-kook then looking at Ji-hyo who’s laughing besi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter