An order

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji-hyo now at a coffee shop nearby her office building with Choi Yeo-jin, her best friend. She looks outside, staring blankly at the road.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo!!!”

And Yeo-jin’s loud sound wakes her up from her daydream.

“Oh Yeo-jin ah, wae?”

“Wae?? Yah! I’ve been asking your opinion and even calling your name twice but you keep staring outside. Is there something interesting outside? Or your mind is on somewhere else?”

“Ah…. Really? Mianhae, I’ve been thinking about something. Work thing.”

“Aigoo don’t work too hard, chingu ah.”

“Neh, I won’t. Don’t worry. So, what did you asked me?”

“I asked you whether you want to join me and Ji-min to Yeoido this week end to see spring flower festival.”

“Wait, is it spring already?”

Yeo-jin frown. “Is your work makes you this busy until you didn’t realize it’s already spring?”

“Yeah…. I guess so. Anyway, I have to go somewhere. I will inform you whether I can join you and Ji-min or not, okay?” Ji-hyo quickly put her belongings inside her bag, preparing to leave.

“Yah! Where are you going?”

“I…….. just remember that I have an appointment with my boss. I’ll text you later, okay?” Ji-hyo then leave the coffee shop without waiting her best friend’s answer.

 

She lied. Actually, she’s not meeting her boss. She drove her car to that place. A place where that guy promise her that he will take her there when he’s coming to Korea on spring season. After parking her car, she starts walking alone while admiring how beautiful Yeoido Park on spring. After quite sometimes, she takes a seat on a nearby bench. Few couples walking passed her and that makes her smile bitterly.

It’s been almost a year since she went to Paris and become a sudden spy agent. Ever since she’s coming back, she never told anyone about her became a sudden spy agent. It also been almost a year too since she lost contact with that guy, Kim Jong-kook. Thinking about him again makes her eyes starts getting teary again. He surely makes her the happiest woman for few weeks when they were still together. After she coming back to Korea, they also keep in touch, doing video calls or just chatting through instant messenger. But it only lasts for a month.

One day he suddenly went missing. She can’t contact him at all which makes her panic since he never been like this. Maybe he has an important job to do that makes him can’t use his phone to inform her. With that thought, she chooses to wait patiently to receive a news from him, but from that day he suddenly disappear until today, he never contacts her again and she can’t contact him either.

She feels stupid because falling to his trap again. She shouldn’t have believed him that night and shouldn’t have melted to his sweet words. He clearly just playing around with her. Words can’t describe how hurt she is and how she hates him so much. From that moment, she never believes in guy again and she doesn’t want to fall in love either.

She’s surely such a fool. Even though she keeps telling herself that she hates him, but on new year eve she went to Han River to watch the fireworks alone. Once in a while she went to Namsan Tower and now here she is, coming to Yeoido Park on spring. No matter how he hurts her and how she hates him, but deep inside she hopes to see him. She misses him.

“I know you will coming here.”

A sudden voice makes her startled. She also startled to see Han Ji-min, her other best friend.

“What are you doing here?” Asked Ji-hyo.

“I want to accompany my best friend because Yeo-jin said that you were suddenly leave when she told you that it’s already spring season. Then I have a feeling you’ll coming here and I was right. What about you, what are you doing here alone? I thought Yeo-jin said that you come back to your office.”

Instead of answering her question, Ji-hyo just let out a slight smile while diverting her gaze back to the beautiful view in front of her.

“Is it because of him? You still hope of meeting him, right?”

This time, Ji-hyo look down to her lap while fidgeting her fingers. Even though Ji-hyo never told Yeo-jin or Ji-min about being a spy agent, but she did tell her best friends about Jong-kook.

“Ji-hyo ah, you may look happy, often telling jokes, smiling, and having a great time, but I know that you’re hurt and tired inside. Tired of waiting him. I know, you keep it all inside because you don’t want to look dramatic and weak. You act like everything’s perfect but you cry at night.”

At this moment, Ji-hyo starts to cry. She lost of count on how many times she cried for Kim Jong-kook. Seeing her best friend cries, Ji-min hugs Ji-hyo, letting her cry on her shoulder.

“He must be something….. He made you fall for him for weeks when it’s really hard for other guys getting your heart. But Ji-hyo ah, it’s almost been a year already he left you. You should move on from him and try to forget him.”

“I….. I’ve tried, Ji-min ah…… but it’s hard……” Ji-hyo said in between her sob. “I hate him……. But I can’t deny…… that I still love him….. I’m still longing for him….. ottokae, Yeo-jin ah…….”

“It’s okay, Ji-hyo ah…. Just try to forget him little by little. Also, I don’t want to see you cry for him again. This is the last time, okay?”

“I’ll try…… Gomawo chingu ah….” Ji-hyo wiping her tears away before smiling at Ji-min.

“Hm? What for?”

“For being here with me…. For always accompany and comfort me when I’m feeling down.”

“That’s the use of friend, right? Yeo-jin and I, will always be your friend and doing anything for you to be happy.”

“I’m so glad having both of you.”

At that time, Ji-hyo’s phone ringing. Ji-hyo gesturing to Ji-min that she should take the call.

“Oh eomma, wae?”

“Where are you? What time you will go home?”

Ji-hyo look at her wrist watch before answering her mother. “As always, at 4 or 5 pm.”

“You should straightly come home after you finished your work, okay?”

“Wae eomma? Is something happen?”

“Yes, you owe me an explanation, sweetheart. I just got a call from Mr. Lucas Moreau from Université Paris Descartes. He told me that you got a scholarship for your master degree.”

JI-hyo now confused. She didn’t remember that she applied to that university. Well, after what happened to her almost a year ago, in that city, she didn’t have any intention to go back there. But then the name of person who called her mother caught more of her attention. She feels familiar with that name. After 2 seconds, she widens her eyes.

“Eomma, who is it again that called you?”

“Mr. Lucas Moreau. Wae? Oh, anyway he said that he will personally call you later.”

Lucas Moreau. Suddenly she feels dizzy. That’s Lucas’s name. Her chauffeur when she was in Paris. She’s 100% sure that Cha Seung-won is behind all of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter