Taking a risk

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It supposed to be a perfect day for Victor. Today, he marries the woman that he loves the most. Before the wedding day, he already told his secretary to temporarily handle his job, but when he is about to enjoy his first night with his wife, his secretary called him and asked him to urgently check on his email since it’s only him who can handle this matter.

When he enters his study room, he is surprised to see stranger inside the room. By looking at his cloth, he can tell that stranger is one of his wedding crew.

“Who are you?”

Jong-kook looking at Victor and gives a polite smile to him. “Good evening, Sir. I’m Kim, one of wedding crew.”

“I know. I mean, what are you doing here?”

“I want to put this present in this room.”

Victor’s forehead wrinkled a bit in confuse. “Did someone asked you to put it in this room?”

“Yes, Sir. I was cleaning up when I met Miss Song who stays at the second floor. She asked me to put her present in this room.”

“Miss Song? Song Ji-hyo?”

“Yes, Sir.”

“Really? Why didn’t she put it herself in here?”

“Because she’s not feeling well, Sir.”

Victor nods his head while walking to his desk. After a few seconds of silence, Victor turn his body again to face Jong-kook.

“Did Ji-hyo really the one who ordered you to come here?”

“Yes, Sir.”

He then calmly taking something from his desk’s drawer. But the next thing happened surprised Jong-kook. Victor now pointing a gun to him.

“Tell me, who sent you here?” His face expression turns dark.

“Sir……” Jong-kook tries to calm while raising both of his hands. “It’s Miss Song, Sir.”

“BULL!!” Victor starts raising his voice. “Ji-hyo is my family. I can’t forgive anyone who uses her or any of my family member just to makes me fall!”

From under the covered table, Ji-hyo has to hold with her hands. She’s about to cry as she didn’t think that her target is already called her as part of his family. When her tears finally streaming down, she realizes how cruel she is towards people who sincerity loves her.

She might not have lots of happy memories with Victor, but he always showering her and In-sung his fatherly love whenever she met him.

Seeing Jong-kook who is still stay frozen at his place, Victor then let out a smirk. “You must be wondering how do I know about you are someone who will harm me.”

Jong-kook only stares at him.

“I’m someone who suffered OCD (Obsessive-compulsive Disorder). Everything around me have to stay putted at its place. But why do I find this paper not on its original place?”

Ji-hyo’s heart now beating like so fast. It was her who put that paper there.

When Jong-kook about to answer that it wasn’t him, he hears Ji-hyo’s voice on his ear tablet.

“Oppa, it’s me…….” Said Ji-hyo in whispery voice.

No, there is no use of denying that. Things would get ugly and Ji-hyo could be in danger. Slowly, Jong-kook put down his hands and smirk at his target.

“Ah, right. I forgot that you are an OCD person.”

Jong-kook’s answer makes Victor angry. “Who are you? And who sent you here?” He said while keep pointing the gun to Jong-kook.

“Is my identity important to you? Don’t you curious about what am I doing in this room?”

“Don’t test my patience, boy. Because I can shoot you in a matter of second.”

Jong-kook’s eyes focused on a window right behind Victor. He looks like giving a signal to someone out there. Capturing Jong-kook’s eyes movement, Victor quickly looks behind him and he found nothing. But a second later, his body is being hold tightly from behind. And his gun also already falling from his grip.

Now, Jong-kook holding tightly Victor’s body with his left hand, while his other hand aiming a syringe to Victor’s neck.

“Don’t move. If you move even a bit, this thing will stab your neck right away.” Jong-kook warns Victor.

“What do you want?”

“I want you to die.” Jong-kook whispers at his ear and he inject the syringe to Victor’s neck which makes his body limps in a matter of seconds.

Jong-kook then put Victor on his chair and starts searching the secret book that his samchon refer. Inside that book, there’s an USB that has lots of important documents of their target.

“Ji-hyo ah, you can come out now.” Ordered Jong-kook.

When Ji-hyo comes out from her hiding, her eyes instantly meet Victor’s. He is still alive, his eyes still wide open, but not his body. It’s like his body become paralyzed.

“Ji-hyo ah, help me to lock the door. I’m afraid someone would come.”

Instead of doing what Jong-kook asked, Ji-hyo goes to Victor and wipe her tears while looking at him.

“I’m sorry……… I’m really sorry uncle Victor…….”

Victor only can stare at Ji-hyo with his disappointed expression since he can’t talk.

“Please rest peacefully and guard In-sung and his mom from up there.” Said Ji-hyo before bow at him.

She then turns her body around to lock the door. But before she reaches the door, someone from outside barge in to the room which surprised Jong-kook and Ji-hyo.

“T…. Tom?” It’s the only word that come out from Ji-hyo as she’s too surprised by his sudden presence.

“Miss Song? You’re still here? Why………” He stops talking as he sees his boss lying helplessly on his chair.

“SIR!!!!” Tom runs to his boss to check on his condition.

Jong-kook already in his alert position. Taking down Victor is an easy task, but the biggest obstacle in this mission is their target’s right hand man, Tom. He is way too good at martial art and his shooting skill is no joke. No one would ever hurt his boss as long as he is stand beside him.

Jong-kook secretly ordered Ji-hyo to run away before Tom become a monster, knowing his boss will die. But it seems like Ji-hyo didn’t get what he means.

Before Jong-kook could ask Ji-hyo to run, Tom already attacks Jong-kook by pushing him hard to the wall and choke his neck. “WHO ARE YOU? WHAT DO YOU WANT?!!”

“Ji-hyo ah, please find….. the USB….. and run from here……”

It’s such a dilemma. She can’t watch her boyfriend struggling alone, get hurt in the hands of that guy. But she also needs to find that USB soon so that they could escape in this place. She then quickly run to bookshelves to search that thing.

“S….samchon….” Ji-hyo desperately calling Seung-won, hoping he will come and save them. At the same time, she furiously searching about that book that hides the USB inside it.

“I know, please remain calm while searching the book, ok? Kwang-soo will be there in a minute to help Jong-kook.”

“W…what kind of book is that?”

“It’s as thick as dictionary and has a hard cover.”

“But there are lots of thick books in here.”

“Then try to knock the cover.”

Right, the sound will be different between a real book and the box. Ji-hyo takes a deep breath before scanning the bookshelves with her eyes while thinking, if she is Victor, where she should put that book. Obviously, the first place she searches is the row where she can easily reach. She knocks all the books at the fourth row from below.

And her feelings were right. It’s not even the 5th books that she knocks, she already got the one with the most different sound. She immediately pulls out the book and open the cover. She is washed by relieve when she sees the USB really there.

A big smile forming on her face. “Samchon, I found it!”

“Great job, Ji-hyo ah. Now check it whether it’s the real USB. If there’s a password, then it’s the one.”

Ji-hyo about to insert the USB to her phone when she hears a loud sound of a breaking glass. When she turns around, the big smile on her face disappear in a flash as she sees Jong-kook’s body already lying on the ground and on top of those scattered breaking glass. It looks like Tom throw Jong-kook’s body to the glass table.

It was hard for her to not hear Jong-kook’s groaning a lot upon fighting with Tom. It was hard for her to not turn around and trying to not help him and just focus on her own mission. But seeing him lying helplessly like this, she doesn’t think she could just see it anymore. That man who is suffering right there is her boyfriend, someone whom she loved dearly. And seeing him in that state makes her heart hurt so much.

Before she could run to help him, someone shooting a gun from behind of her. The bullet hit at somewhere else, but it success to distract Tom from beating Jong-kook. When Ji-hyo looks behind, she sees Kwang-soo already standing in front of the door while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter