No regret

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji-hyo now standing while looking at the street through her window’s room replaying everything that happened today. It feels so real for her. It’s not a dream having Kim Jong-kook in her arms again. She’s happy, beyond happy. If only she can continue to be his girlfriend, her life would be perfect.

On the other side, Kim Jong-kook just finished clean himself. Seeing Ji-hyo standing in front of that big window in a room where there’s only the two of them already makes him happy. He can’t hold it anymore. He takes a big step forward and hugging Ji-hyo from behind.

A warm feeling quickly pouring his cold heart. He’s been longing to hug her in a private place, just the two of them. Jong-kook close his eyes, enjoying how hard his heart beating for this girl.

“I miss you, Ji-hyo ah…” Jong-kook whispers at her ear. “I miss you so much…” He starts placing soft kisses on Ji-hyo’s neck.

She also feels the same as him. After a year being separated and now finally she’s in his embrace again. Seems like time didn’t matter, because how hard she tries to forget this guy, she just can’t. But then, she feels hurt again remembering how he left her without words and when he came back, he acts like nothing happen between them.

“What are you doing, oppa?” Ji-hyo release herself from Jong-kook’s arm and turn around to look at him.

Jong-kook stunned seeing Ji-hyo suddenly break free from him and looks angry. “Wae? What did I do wrong?”

“We are not in public anymore but you keep showing an attitude like you still care and always want to be close with me. What the hell do you want??” Ji-hyo a bit shouting since she’s in upset state right now.

Jong-kook looks confused. “I thought you’re the one who said to consider our togetherness as a free gift from samchon……”

“Yeah, but I mean when we’re doing our mission!”

“Ji-hyo ah, I’m sorry if I look like taking an advantage from you. I’m just too happy to be with you right here, right now, and just the two of us. I’ve been missing you for this whole one year and having a chance to be with you for a full day is like redeem these feelings that I’ve been holding for you.”

Ji-hyo looking at the man in front of her in disbelieve. “Do you think one day can redeem what have you done to me? You don’t know that I’ve been suffering this year! I keep questioning myself, what did I do wrong that you left me just like that. Is it that difficult to just give me a reasonable answer on why did you suddenly disappear and left me without notice?!” She feels her eyes starts stingy, knowing that tears would falling in a mean time.

“Ji-hyo ah, I only need you to trust me that everything that I do is for your own sake.”

“Shut up! Let’s not talk about that anymore. I don’t want to hear anything that comes from an irresponsible person like you anymore!”

Jong-kook’s face already turning red for holding up his emotion. “FINE! You want to know it that much, right? Then I will show you!”

He taking off his shirt in a flash which makes Ji-hyo take a step back in reflex. At first, Ji-hyo about to ask and protest on why did he taking off his shirt all of sudden, but then she’s agape seeing his body.

“Because of this, Ji-hyo ah…” Jong-kook looking at the woman that he loves the most sadly.

Ji-hyo’s eyes widened upon seeing his body. He has so many scars on his body. “O-oppa, what happen to you?” Now she steps forward, examining his scars with her teary eyes.

“Mianhae Ji-hyo ah… I don’t have any choice back then because I’ve been threatened by Seo-jin samchon that he will do all these things to you if I didn’t stop and back off from you. I can’t let this happen to you too, Ji-hyo ah, I can’t…… Moreover, he will make sure that I will be the one who will leave this scar on you, that’s why I choose to granted what samchon’s wants and leave you without notice. For this one year, never for a day in my life I didn’t think about you, I always missing you, Ji-hyo ah…. It was hard for me to leave you, but I have no choice, I don’t want you to have the same scars as mine.” Jong-kook said with his shaky voice, trying hard to hold back his tears but in the end his warm tears finally coming out from his small eyes.

She feels terrible. All this time she was thinking she’s the only one who get hurt and Jong-kook is the bad one, a very bad one, but it turns out that the man in front of her experienced more pain, physically and emotionally.

Jong-kook then continuous. “Besides told me to kill my feeling towards you, samchon also prohibits me to not doing any contact with you. I just can’t imagine what will happen to you if I take a risk to contact you. I did owe you an explanation about this, I’m sorry for being a coward, I didn’t have a gut to tell you this the moment we met again and only have a chance to tell you now….”

Silence filling the room. They look at each other’s eyes but none of them speak a word. Jong-kook’s explanation is just like filling blank spots on her incomplete puzzle. She really can’t imagine what kind of punishment that he got until those brown scars still clearly visible even though months has passed. So, that’s the reason he suddenly went missing, to protect her?

“These past months, I keep questioning myself whether everything that happened between us is real…….or it was just a temporary fling in between doing our job back then…..” Ji-hyo can’t continue her words since she starts sobbing.

Jong-kook pull her body and hug her. “Ji-hyo ah, my feeling towards you never change even a bit. I love you….. and will always do.”

Ji-hyo tighten the hug as her cries become harder.

“Whatever that samchon do to me, it’s impossible to get rid of my love towards you. Even though they said our togetherness shouldn’t exist, but I know that you will always there in my heart and nobody can change it.” Jong-kook whispers to Ji-hyo’s ear.

Jong-kook hold Ji-hyo’s head and kiss her forehead softly. After few seconds he let his lips on her forehead, he then said, “If only I knew this would happen to us, I wouldn’t take a risk to get close to you.”

“And why would you do that?”

“Maybe because you’re different from any woman that I’ve ever meet. In my eyes, you’re so…… honest. Actually, the first time we met I already admire your smile, but of course I have to put away that kind of feeling towards you. Then I just realized that my feeling towards you already grow to love when you face Seung-won samchon to cover me up with your story.” Jong-kook then smiles. “Your story was unconvincing. You never think far before saying things as always.”

Ji-hyo already saw Jong-kook’s smile for countless times today, yet she still enjoying his smile as his smile can recharge her energy. She knows that his smile was sincere when they were at public, but seeing his smile again right now when there’s just the two of them makes her heart feels warm.

Jong-kook’s smile never fading out from his face. He puts one of his hand on Ji-hyo’s waist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter