Hurtful truth

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jong-kook coming back from groceries store with heavy heart. When he enters the house, he can’t found Ji-hyo. Then he goes to backyards, and here she is, currently watering the roses that the plant together. It really is a warm view but heartbreaking for him. He can’t stop and keep blaming himself on what happened to her family the moment he sees her.

He goes to Ji-hyo and hug her from behind.

“Omo oppa! You scared me!”

“Mianhae…” He answered while tighten the hug.

Ji-hyo chuckled. “Aniya… Maybe I’m just too focused taking care of these babies and I didn’t hear you coming.”

Jong-kook didn’t respond, but still hugging her tightly. Being his girlfriend, of course she can sense something not right with her boyfriend.

“Oppa, what happened?”

“I’m okay…..”

“No, you are not.” Ji-hyo pull Jong-kook’s hands from her waist and turn around to face him.

Now she can see clearly something bothering his mind through his eyes.

“Oppa, I know you. When you are behaving like this, something must have bothering your mind. What is it, oppa?”

Jong-kook slightly smile at her. It’s good to have someone who understands your feeling without you saying it out loud.

“Ji-hyo ah….. Let’s move out from this house.”

“Mwuh? Wae??”

“When I was in grocery store, I saw….. Seung-won samchon at parking lot.”

The smile on her face slowly disappeared upon hearing his words. She knows it’s just a matter of time until CIS found them. But she didn’t expect it would be this fast.

“Keure oppa, let’s move out…”

Hearing her voice starts shaken, Jong-kook hold her hand and look into her eyes.

“Ji-hyo ah, I will protect you no matter what happen. Let’s try our best to avoid them, ok?”

Ji-hyo now hugs him tight. She’s scared of thinking their fate when they meet CIS later. While hugging him, she nods her head, agree to move out from this house.

They are hugging each other in silence. But inside their mind is full of expectation about how is their life after this.

Jong-kook closes his eyes. He finally made his decision. Yes, this is his final decision regarding to his samchon’s offer. He really hopes he makes a right decision and he won’t regret it later.

 

The next day, the two of them preparing to move out. They will move to their new place with Se-chan’s car. Of course, before they move out they inform Se-chan and So-min first. Although they aren’t often meet, but Ji-hyo quickly get close to Se-chan and So-min. When Jong-kook told them about the story, their plan, and the worst case, So-min even cries while hugging Ji-hyo.

It’s been a week since they move to their new place. That place is actually another Jong-kook's secret place. This house is quite old, but it has secret exit way. And just like their previous house, this house also located in secluded place. Today something went wrong to their stove, so Jong-kook trying to fix it alone. While Jong-kook fix it, Ji-hyo take his role to buy groceries.

Whenever they are going out, they now wearing a wig and glasses to disguised themselves since CIS now in Korea. Just right after Ji-hyo bought the groceries, someone pull her body from behind and he also close so that she can’t scream.

She’s panic, thinking that CIS just found her. She has been dragged inside a car and there’s when she finally saw again Lee Seo-jin. When Seo-jin asked his man to leave them alone, he nodded and close the car’s door.

“Hello Song Ji-hyo, how are you?” Greet Seo-jin with smile plastered on his face.

Of course he smile. He finally her whereabouts.

“What do you want?” Asked Ji-hyo while send him a cold glare.

Seo-jin chuckled. “I thought you know what I want from you.” His expression turns dark in a second. “I want you and Jong-kook come home with me.”

“Why don’t you take me first? Don’t you think it might be dificult to take 2 stubborn person at the same time?”

“Are you suggesting that so that you can save your boyfriend?”

“Well, I’m just saying a fact, it will be bothersome to take us at the same time. But I won’t deny that what you said is partly true.” Answered Ji-hyo calmly. Although she’s nervous and scared inside, but she’s trying to be tough and calm outside.

“Song Ji-hyo, we warned you to not having a relationship with other agent for nothing. It’s because one day the one whom you love might hurt you.”

“And as far as I can see, it’s you and The Pillar who always been hurt me, meanwhile Kim Jong-kook trying his best to protect me.”

“Are you sure you know him very well?”

“Keurom! I’m his girlfriend and I know him best.”

“Really? So, you already know that he is the one who kill your parents?”

It feels like her heart stop beating for about 2 seconds upon hearing what Seo-jin said.

“What…….are you talking about?” Ji-hyo lowers her voice, still in shock.

“You don’t know about it yet? Woah Kim Jong-kook is really have no shame at all. After kill your parents, he wandering beside you act like nothing happened.”

Anyone who sees her watery eyes can tell that she’s hurt inside. But then she look at her lap for few seconds before looking at Seo-jin’s eyes.

“I know you said that to make me leave him. I’m sorry samchon, but I’m not stupid.”

“And I know you are not stupid. In fact, you are one of our smartest nephew. Ji-hyo ah, I want you to think rationally by seeing whether what I said is true or not by read this yourself.”

Seo-jin handed a brown colored folder to her.

Ji-hyo look at Seo-jin in confuse, but Seo-jin asked her to open the folder with his eyes.

Inside the folder, there are few papers. The first one is an agreement between CIS and Victor, In-sung’s step father. It’s the exact same agreement that she was reading at Victor’s room during her last mission.

The second paper contain the explanation on CIS mission in order to take down their target’s private jet. This paper also shown list of victim’s names. There, she found her parents name. Tears automatically falling from her eyes. So, it’s true that CIS is behind her parent’s accident.

The third paper is list of agents who is assigned to taking care of a mission in Peru. There are about 14 person in the list, but her eyes stucked on a name. Kim Jong-kook. No, Kim Jong-kook wouldn’t do such cruel things to her. She’s already hurt by the time she found his name and photo on the list, but then hurt is get more painful when she also sees her Min oppa’s name on the list.

Out of hundreds CIS agents, why the two of them have to be assigned on that mission? And why none of them telling her about this? For God’s sake, the two of them is the closest to her. Why they have to hurt her in the most hurtful way?

After reading those papers, she get out from the car and walk away with a quick pace. Seo-jin didn’t hold her either, knowing that she isn’t in a good condition. And he knows, she will less careful when she is in that condition, that’s why he orders his man to follow her quietly.


 

The moment coming home, she greets Jong-kook and does everything normally. But she’s a bit quieter than usual. Since she was meeting Seo-jin and his words keep coming into her mind. She really wants to trust Jong-kook, but after seeing the document of Jong-kook’s mission record, she starts doubting her boyfriend.

Should she ask him? Wait, no. She must be crazy if she trusts Seo-jin more than her own boyfriend. No, Jong-kook oppa wouldn’t do anything bad to her and her family. But….. what if it’s true?

“Ji-hyo ah, is there something wrong?” Jong-kook suddenly sit beside her while give her a worried gaze.

She has been weird after goes shopping. But now she getting weirder, she starts watching a blank tv channel. That’s when he thinks he should ask her.

“Oh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter