Getting punishment

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost 3 weeks passed. During these weeks, Ji-hyo is living 2 different life. First, being a good girl to Kim Ji-soo’s family and a good friend of her new friend, Nam Goong Min, and second, she lives her life as a soon to be professional spy.

Outside CIS, she’s maintain a very good friend with Nam Goong Min. They are now getting closer, just like a glue. It’s not like she only has Min as her friend, but he’s the closest to her. But of course, their status is just a friend, not more than that. Wait, no. They are now agreed to have an oppa – dongsaeng relationship.

The reason? Ji-hyo is the only children in her family, she never gets to feel receiving a love from big brother or sister. And as for Min, he was having a sister but she passed away when she’s just 7 years old. If she’s still alive, then she’s now at the same age as Ji-hyo. That’s why he’s the first one to initiate this oppa – dongsaeng relationship to Ji-hyo which she gladly accepts it.

About Kim Jong-kook and Song Ji-hyo, their relationship is just like a stagnant line. Flat from the start until now. Ever since seeing her smile, deep inside Jong-kook wants to see it again, that’s why he sometimes following Ji-hyo secretly. Because he knows, she would never show her beautiful smile to him. Well, he won’t blame her if she never shows her smile to him since he still acting cold to her and still torturing her even though it’s not as intense as their first meet.

Today Jong-kook planned to follow Ji-hyo again. As always, he’s going to her course site and watching their movement secretly. There, he sees her coming out with the same guy. But this time she hugs that guy’s arm happily as if they were…… in love.

As always, twice in a week, Ji-hyo would have a meal with Min. But the moment she stepped out from the building, she sees someone familiar not far from her, currently looking at her with intense gaze.

“Omo, Jong-kook ssi!” Ji-hyo greet Jong-kook while walking towards him with still hugging Min’s arm. “What are you doing here?” Asked Ji-hyo once she’s right in front of Jong-kook.

Being caught, Jong-kook try as calm as he can. “Something’s came up. It’s urgent.” He lied.

He always careful watching over her from afar all these time, but today he doesn’t even know why he’s being this careless. Maybe after seeing her hugging another guy’s arm making him like this. He doesn’t like her being clingy to that guy. 

“Keure?” Ji-hyo frowns, knowing she should cancel her time with her oppa. But then she remembers that she hasn’t introduce Min to Jong-kook.

“Oh anyway, Jong-kook ssi, this is Nam Goong Min, my friend. And Min oppa, this is Kim Jong-kook, my…… project partner.”

Ji-hyo give Jong-kook a look to just accept what she said with her eyes.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Nam Goong Min.” Min is the first one who extended his hands to do a handshake to Jong-kook while showing his friendly smile.

Jong-kook give Min a killing gaze. He doesn’t like this guy. But then Jong-kook accept his handshake and slightly smile at him.

“I’m Kim Jong-kook.” He answers coldly. Even though he’s smiling, but he didn’t change the way he looks at the guy in front of him.

“Ji-hyo ah, gaja. Our project leader waiting for us.” Said Jong-kook while holding Ji-hyo’s free hand and pull her to his side.

Ji-hyo surprised to see Jong-kook like this. First, she’s surprised that he called her ‘Ji-hyo ah’. This is the first time he called her that way. Moreover, he called her in a soft voice and pulling her in gentle manner. Second, she’s surprised that he suddenly holding her hand. This is also the first time they have physical contact. She’s now at blank state and doesn’t know what to do.

Meanwhile Min, he’s looking at how Jong-kook hold her hand and pull her from his side like a jealous boyfriend caught his girlfriend cheating. Now he has the same look as Jong-kook. He looks at Jong-kook with a cold stare.

“Oppa, I’ll call you, okay? I’m sorry that I have to cancel our plan today.” Said Ji-hyo in guilt.

“Gwenchana Ji-hyo ah. I hope your project run smoothly.”

“Neh oppa, gomawo.” She answers before going to wherever Jong-kook takes her.

They keep walking forward until Jong-kook’s sure that Min can’t see them again, but he still holding her hand tightly.

“Jong-kook ssi, where are we going?” Asked Ji-hyo.

She’s fully aware that Jong-kook still holding her hand even though it’s not necessary anymore since they are now far enough from Min. But she didn’t want to questioned about this because she feels…… comfortable. Deep inside, she’s battling with herself. She likes the way his big and warm hand holding her hand, but then she has a thought that she must be crazy for liking and enjoying this.

“Home. Rather than having a date with him, it’s better if you memorize as much as you can about Cheon Seong-im’s memories.”

Ji-hyo didn’t answer as she didn’t want to argue with Jong-kook.

 

When they reach Seung-won’s house, Jong-kook grab Ji-hyo’s wrist to prevent her get out from his car.

Ji-hyo turn her body to face him and give him her confused look. “Wae?”

“Mianhae, today I can’t help you to memorize the documents. I have to attend a concert this evening. A pianist that I adore held his last concert. I’ll be back probably at 8 PM, and don’t worry, Seung-won samchon won’t coming home tonight. So, after I come back, we will start your physical exercises like always.”

“Arasso…” She said shortly.

“One more thing. Please don’t tell anyone about me attend this concert. Because if anyone, especially samchon know about this, I’ll be done for.” This time he said it with a serious expression but there’s a pleading tone in the way he said it.

“Neh, I won’t.”

Jong-kook let go of his grip from her wrist after hearing her answer. “Okay, you can go now.” He said that softly to Ji-hyo.

Ji-hyo is getting confused when he said that in soft manner. Today he is just different in her eyes. Different in a good way. This is the first time he holds her hand and also this is the first time he spoke to her softly like this. She shrugged away that thought before get down from his car and straightly going into the house.

The first thing that Ji-hyo do is taking a shower and wearing her tracksuit. Even though it’s still few hours to reach 8 PM, but she just wants to prepare herself.

Time’s ticking and passed just like that. It’s already dark outside. The time already pointing at 8, but she still hasn’t get a news from Jong-kook. She already uses her time to memorize everything about Cheon Seong-im and her family, also about Cha In-pyo, their target. She’s getting bored and planned to wait Jong-kook outside while doing some light stretching.

To her surprise, someone that she didn’t expected standing at backyard while having a phone call. Before she’s going back inside to avoid him, Seung-won already caught her first.

“Ji-hyo ah!” He greets her with smile.

She replies his smile while walking nervously to him. “Annyeong Seung-won ssi. I heard you didn’t coming back tonight.”

“Yeah, that was my plan, but the meeting got delayed since Jae-suk has something more important to do.” He then looking at Ji-hyo’s attire. “Oh? Are you just finished your physical training or about to do it.”

“I’m………. about to do it.”

“Keure? Then where is Jong-kook? I haven’t meet him and he also turn off his phone.”

“Jong-kook ssi? Err…. H-he was here, give me a test and help me to memorize my task. But right now he…….. went to a nearby Korean restaura

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter