Running away

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji-hyo now already in Paris, currently doing her physical training routine. While running, her mind goes to somewhere else.

She’s now officially move to Seung-won’s mansion. 4 days ago, she left Ji-soo imo’s house for good. She feels very sad when she saw Ji-soo imo’s crying the moment they got into airport to send Ji-hyo. She expresses her gratitude for having Ji-hyo in her house even just for a while because she finally gets to feel how is it like having a daughter.

When she entered check in room, she goes to secret exit door. Lucas already waiting for her there to bring her to Seung-won’s mansion. Seung-won said that he already asked his worker to blocked all communication between her mother and Kim Ji-soo so that Ji-hyo shouldn’t worry about this matter.

Her mind now goes to Min, her oppa. His words making her tearing up at their separation.

“Ji-hyo ah, you might find this word cheesy, but I do feel glad and happy to meet someone like you. To have someone like you beside me, someone whom I can freely talk about anything, including about my family, I feel thankful to you. Wherever you are, never forget this oppa, arachi? Just because we’re separated doesn’t mean we’ll also lost contact. Please, don’t do that. I don’t want to lost contact with you. Take care lil’ sis, I’ll be missing you badly here.” Min giving her his last warm hug while her long hair.

She should be the one who feel thankful towards him. He’s the real thing to her. He’s someone who always making her happy ever since they met. He’s always stay beside her whenever she feels sad, happy, or hurt. And he makes her finally get to feel how is it like having a brother, how is it like receiving bunch of caring words and actions from a brother.

And the last person who get into her mind is Kim Jong-kook. Her heart is now hurt because of him. It’s been a week since he disappearing. Ever since she coming back to Paris, she didn’t see him. Seung-won simply said that he sends Jong-kook to other place, somewhere in Paris to take care of things. But what makes her upset is he didn’t even answer her call and reply her texts. Is it that hard for him to send her a simple text message about how he’s been doing? She’s damn worried about him but he didn’t even care to inform her about his news. It really hurts her.

Now she only has one more day before the D-day. She’s so nervous but Seung-won always reassuring her that she already be the perfect imitation of Seong-im. She even got a new hair style, just like Seong-im’s. Her hair is shorter and she got a dark brown hair now. How she really hopes Jong-kook is with her these days to calm her. It’s okay if they can’t have a private time, at least, by seeing his face already makes her calm.

When she’s currently passing a deep forest, and when her minds still wandering about many things, suddenly a pair of hands grabbing her body from behind which makes her scream out of fear. One of that hand quickly covering to prevent her from screaming. Ji-hyo is really scared right now.

“Sssshhh! You can’t be too loud.”

Ji-hyo froze. She knows this voice. Does she hear the right thing? Or is it just her hallucination hearing his voice because she missed him so much?

Slowly that pair of hand turning her body to face him. Ji-hyo widen her eyes the moment she sees him. Kim Jong-kook is now standing in front of her. but she’s still in froze mode, she doesn’t want to move as she afraid this might be just a dream to see him right now.

“Hey….” He greets softly while smiling at her.

A smile that she has been missed.

“I miss you, Ji-hyo ah…” He said again.

But Ji-hyo didn’t reply him, only staring at him with her already teary eyes. When Jong-kook see her teary eyes, he feels like want to punch himself because he knows that he has been hurting her.

“Mianhae…. Jeongmal mianhae Ji-hyo ah….”

“Wae? Why you didn’t inform me that you’re leaving? Why you didn’t call or text me? Ani, why you didn’t answer my call and reply my texts?” She’s trying hard to hold up her tears so that it won’t fall.

“Samchon gave me an emergency mission which hard for me to look at my phone. I’m trying my best to finish the mission as soon as I can so that I can come back to you sooner.”

He hates to lie to his loved one but he has to. Actually, Seung-won asked him to go to his other samchon’s house, Lee Seo-jin. As he already predicted, Seung-won already informed Seo-jin about his mistake and of course, Seo-jin happily accept Seung-won’s request to punish Jong-kook. Seo-jin really hates to see someone breaking the rule, that’s why he beats up Jong-kook until he passed out. He keeps doing that and even locked him in a prison. In between The Pillar, the prison only can found at Seung-won’s and Seo-jin’s house.

He thought Ji-hyo would hate him. He will understand if she hates him, but the look in her face saying the opposite. Rather than found hatred in her eyes, he found worry and concern in her eyes.

Ji-hyo move her hand to caress Jong-kook’s cheek. “What kind of mission did you get? Why you have these bruises on your face?”

“Ji-hyo ah…. You didn’t hate me?”

“You want me to hate you?”

“Ani!! I just thought….. you would hate me…..”

“Wae? Why should I hate you?”

“Because……. I didn’t get to inform you when I left that night and because I didn’t contact you this week.”

“Well, I did disappoint of you and I was upset. But I choose to believe you that’s why I don’t think I can hate you. How can I hate you when I still love you?”

He can’t hold it anymore. In a swift movement, he pulls her hand and hugging her body tightly. “I love you too, Ji-hyo ah…. I miss you so much…..”

“I miss you too oppa…. Please don’t leave without telling me beforehand again. I’m dead worried about you…” Ji-hyo buried her face on Jong-kook’s chest while lingering her hands on his waist.

“Neh, I promise I won’t do this again in the future. I’m sorry again, love….”

“Gwenchana oppa, you’re here now and it’s enough for me.”

Jong-kook pull out his body from her and staring at the face that he has been missed this week. After few seconds, he gives a quick peck on her lips.

“You better go back to samchon, Ji-hyo ah. He must be waiting for you.”

“Let’s go together, oppa.”

“Erm….. I can’t. I’m currently…….running away from samchon…..”

Ji-hyo widen her eyes in shock. “You what????”

“Actually, I finished my mission earlier, but samchon told me to stand by there. I feel bored to be alone there, that’s why I choose to run away here. Besides, tomorrow my girlfriend would execute her very first mission. I know, she must’ve feeling nervous, so I guess I should come back here to make her calm and happy.”

“But oppa, you put yourself into trouble!”

“Can you please not to think about that? For now, just think about us, ok?”

Ji-hyo didn’t reply and still staring at him in worries.

Jong-kook put his hands on her shoulder. “Ji-hyo ah, you trust me, right?”

She nods her head.

Jong-kook taking out a phone from his pants pocket. “Take this with you. I planned to go out with you today but I only can contact you via this phone. In 30 minutes, I will call you through this phone. Make sure you’re in your room when I called you and the most important thing is you can’t let samchon know or even suspicious about the existence of this phone, okay?”

“Okay…..”

“You better go now, samchon might upset if your run time is way too long.”

After receiving his reassuring smile, Ji-hyo turn her body and running at the full speed to prevent seeing the upset Seung-won if he sees her time of running getting slower on her last round. But actually, she doubts that Seung-won would mad at him. Just like what Jong-kook said, she’s now the most precious asset to Seung-won. Now that they are getting closer to the D-day, Seung-won never push her too hard, he never mad at her, and never giving her punishment. He treats her just like a princess. Well, she knows he did that so that she won’t get stressed or feeling nervous.

 

 

Ji-hyo now standing in front of her standing mirror, showing her body from head to toe. She already put her light make up and her best clothes that she hides with a coat since it’s almost winter here. A smile forming on her face when she satisfied with her look.

About 15 minutes ago, she got a call from Jong-kook. He said that he will bring her out to date, their second date. He said that she must bring the phone that Jong-kook gives to her and leave her phone at her room. Even though she’s confused at his order, but she hold back to ask any further since they are in a rush. Seung-won currently going out to office and will be back at evening, so they also only have time until evening. Yes, they will be running away to have a secret date.

Since it’s hard to get out from this mansion, Ji-hyo asks Lucas to drop her at a shopping mall and he obeys her words. When she arrives, she gets into the mall and make sure that Lucas already went away before she coming back to the drop-off area because Jong-kook instructed her to wait there. Her eyes quickly scanned around to search her boyfriend. Suddenly a black car stop right in front of her and the passenger window rolled down.

“Hey, you’re so pretty. Would you like to have a date with me?” Said the guy from inside the car while grinning at her.

Ji-hyo smirks at that guy. “Sorry, I’m taken. Currently waiting my boyfriend to pick me up.”

“Really? Ah… too bad then. I thought you’re single. Your boyfriend is so lucky to have a pretty girlfriend like you.”

“I guess so…..” She replies shyly.

“I also can tell that you’re such a caring person, kind, smart, an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter