Desire 8

All I Want...

-_-

[A fast food restaurant]

Selina munched on her food silently while she listened to Danson go on about some of his friend’s affairs. Aaron did the same. As Hebe complained about her assignments Aaron slightly glanced at Selina.

“So how far are you on the report?” Danson suddenly asked. “Calvin and I haven’t gotten to page one yet.”

Selina looked at Danson and found herself laughing uncomfortably.

“One more page to go,” Aaron replied.

Danson turned to look at him surprised, “You’re in the same class too?”

“I think we all are,” Hebe said taking a slow bite out of her burger.

“Oh really? That’s surprising,” Danson commented.

“I guess you have bad memory after all,” Selina said coolly as she glanced down at her fries.

“You haven’t told me yet. Where were you last night when I called?” Danson questioned.

Aaron found himself looking up at Selina.

“At the club,” Selina lied.

“But I didn’t hear any music in the background,” Danson said.

“Maybe I was in the bathroom,” Selina said. “Ready to go?”

“Oh…yea wait,” Danson said quickly finishing his burger then got up from his chair. “See you guys later.”

Aaron watched as Selina and Danson headed out the door.

“I have to go to the bathroom. Wait for me,” Hebe said before leaving the table.

Aaron got out of his chair and rushed out of the door after Selina.

“Hey,” Aaron called out and once Selina turned he continued, “I wanted to say thanks for yesterday.”

“I know,” Selina replied then turned around then paused and turned back to Aaron, “see you in class.”

Aaron smiled and watched as Selina walked toward her car. As she drove into the street Hebe walked out of the restaurant.

“How come you didn’t wait inside?” Hebe asked.

“I was having a word with the others,” Aaron replied.

“You seem to really know them. How come you never introduced me to them?” asked Hebe.

“Maybe next time. Come on lets get going,” Aaron said heading toward his car.

Hebe smiled and chased after Aaron.

-_-

[Inside Selina’s car]

“Still having a hard time with the business project?” asked Danson.

Selina didn’t reply.

“If you are why don’t you just tell your father you want to drop it?” asked Danson. “You’re always so hard headed.”

Selina let Danson’s words slip into her mind as an option.

“I want to, but I also want to be able to do this in order to show him I’m not stupid,” Selina told.

“Your father’s always like that Selina,” Danson pointed out, “you’re already getting married for their sakes. This won’t get you anywhere. Besides there are plenty of other projects waiting for you to take them on. I bet you’ll do a better job with the other ones and that way you’ll earn more money faster right?”

“Money?” Selina repeated in an annoyed tone.

That was everything in their business. Without it the company wouldn’t stand.

-_-

[Taipei University]

By the end of the week Aaron had forgotten about telling Hebe about his arranged marriage. He wasn’t aware of it, but he hadn’t had a single thought of Hebe because he was always about looking for Selina. Selina on the other hand could care less about how things were going because she was stopping her love life for Jiro. To keep her mind off the present affairs she put herself to work. Even when she thought night and day she couldn’t come up with a special item for the business project. She had guessed that her father had purposely extended the due date because he wasn’t willing to let her drop it. By the end of the week she found herself overly frustrated.

Aaron stared at Selina’s back from the back of the room. He hadn’t had the chance to speak to her for the last two days. He had really wanted to show her the report he had finished curious to see her reaction toward it. He promised himself he’d give her a good grade. By the end of class as everyone filed out they turned in their reports. He wanted to find Selina in the hallway, but as he got out she was no where in sight. He rushed down the stairs leaving Hebe behind.

“Young master!” a voice called out.

Aaron turned to see his chauffer standing by the sidewalk.

“What are you doing here?” asked Aaron.

“Your father’s waiting for you,” was all he said.

-_-

[Tuxedo Store]

“Choose one you like,” Mr. Yan said.

They were standing in front of the door staring at almost 50 aisles with over 100 designs of tuxedos for all events.

“How am I supposed to choose?” questioned Aaron lost. “This is over exaggerated.”

Mr. Yan patted Aaron on the back, “This’ll be fun.”

They went through at least 50 suits which felt like 150 for Aaron as he was too tired to change in and out of everyone. Finally he found a simple black one he favored.

“We’ll be meeting with the Rens the day before the wedding. Do you feel excited?” asked Mr. Yan.

“I think a little,” Aaron said, but actually he knew he was excited strangely.