Desire 14

All I Want...

-_-

[Ella and Chun’s House]

Selina walked in through the front door to find Chun sitting in front of the TV. He turned to look at her quickly and sat up straighter. He smiled embarrassed and nodded toward her. Selina smiled back at him just as Ella and Aaron walked in.

“The table’s already set. I still have one more dish cooking in the kitchen. Have a seat first,” Ella told.

“I can help,” Selina offered and quickly walked after her.

She walked into the kitchen to find Ella by the sink. They stood in silence for a moment.

“Did you and Aaron have a fight?” questioned Ella.

“No,” Selina replied.

“Oh…if you look at Aaron’s face you can see something is wrong,” Ella told.

“No, not really,” Selina answered. “What would you do if there was still someone you’re still waiting for. You know like someone out of the marriage…”

“That’s just wrong,” Ella told. “You’re cheating on Aaron?”

“Oh no!” Selina quickly denied.

“If there’s still someone you love out there then you shouldn’t have gotten married to your husband,” Ella went on. “But me and Chun got that all taken care of. Only our baby is in the way sometimes. She takes so much attention away from Chun that he gets angry sometimes. It’s so funny.”

“You have a kid?” asked Selina.

“A baby girl. We called her Jane,” Ella replied.

“Oh…is that so,” Selina said.

“Something else on your mind? You’re looking very bothered tonight. You can talk to me,” Ella told.

Selina debated in her head whether she should talk, “What if your friend says that he doesn’t want to see you getting married? You know that you shouldn’t be with your husband…”

Ella started laughing, “You shouldn’t even listen to them! I’d laugh it off in their face! First thing of all you shouldn’t worry about what others think. As long as you and Aaron care for each other that’s what matters. The only opinions you should worry about is your husband’s. I don’t think Aaron cares much about outsiders just seeing the way he looks at you.”

Selina frowned, “Huh?”

“You want to grab that chicken?” questioned Ella.

Selina turned to see a plate with a roasted chicken and followed Ella out.

“The food is here! Chunnie turn the TV off!” Ella shouted.

As soon as the food was set on the table Chun rushed over.

“The secret of keeping a guy by your side is fill him up with food!” Ella whispered to Selina then laughed.

Selina nervously giggled along with Ella.

“Eat up,” Chun said. “This is the best…”

Aaron and Selina watched as Chun woofed the food down. They turned away and started slowly on their plates.

“So are you guys planning to have a baby yet?” Ella suddenly asked.

Selina felt her food stop in and she started to cough.

“Are you alright?” Ella asked. “Give her a glass of water.”

Aaron turned and grabbed a cup handing it to Selina.

“I’m ok,” Selina replied as she wiped with a napkin.

“So?” Ella asked.

Aaron looked at Ella to Chun then to Selina. Sensing Selina did not want to talk about it Aaron answered instead.

“I’m still in school, so not yet,” Aaron replied calmly.

“Well any plans for the future?” Ella asked. “If Chun wasn’t in such a hurry I’d still be slim right now. Right fat?”

Chun looked up at Ella, “You forced me into it.”

Ella made a face and turned back to Aaron. As they talked on Selina let her mind drift off.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Selina closed the door behind her.

Walking pass Aaron she said, “Lets have some cookies and milk.”

Selina set down two cups of milk and took out some cookies.

“What are we doing?” Aaron asked.

“Lets have a chat,” Selina told. “I need to get things off my back.”

“Oh…” Aaron replied.

“I know we both care for our parents so we do whatever they want.” Selina told.

“Yea,” Aaron said, “but doesn’t this kind of atmosphere call for some alcohol?”

“With you no,” Selina responded.

“So what are we doing again?” Aaron asked.

“Getting to know each other better,” Selina told.

Aaron nodded as he grabbed a cookie and munched on it.

“I know no matter how you look at it we’re both pitiful people,” Selina started off.

“Not really. If you think about it we have our own choices too, but we just choose to follow their decisions because we are filial to them,” Aaron pointed out.

“Stop cutting in will you? You’re changing the subject,” Selina told.

“Oh…sorry,” Aaron apologized.

“What am I talking about again?” asked Selina.

“You’re saying we can’t be selfish because we love our parents too much,” Aaron told. “We’re in the same positions and it’s not fair to either of us.”

“Why don’t you just finish what I began then?” Selina questioned.

“We’re going nowhere,” Aaron said with a small laugh.

Selina puffed out some air and leaned back into her chair, “Yea this isn’t working. It’s making me feel stupid.”

“The cookie’s pretty good,” Aaron complimented.

Selina watched as Aaron took continous bites out of his. Gulping Selina reached forward for one. They both chewed cookies silently for the next few minutes.

“Do you like reading?” Aaron questioned. “You brought books home.”

“I read when I’m bored. Or some music is nice,” Selina told.

“I like music too,” Aaron told taking more cookies. “I think we’re going to eat them all tonight if we don’t stop soon.”

Selina laughed a little as she grabbed more.