Desire 17

All I Want...

-_-

[Ren Enterprise]

Selina was reading over some papers quietly and signing them until her phone started ringing.

“Hello?” Selina answered.

“I almost thought you were coming to school today,” Danson told. “I saw your car.”

“Oh…I was dropping Aaron off,” Selina replied.

“How was your weekend?” Danson asked.

“What’s with you? Get to the point,” Selina told.

“Want to meet up for lunch?” asked Danson.

“Where?” asked Selina.

“I didn’t drive my car to school today. Would you mind picking me up?” asked Danson.

-_-

[Taipei University]

“Are you sure you don’t want to use the library or anything?” asked Aaron.

He and Sun Mi were walking the hallways heading toward the cafeteria.

“I don’t really like quiet places,” Sun Mi replied.

Aaron frowned, “Why’s that?”

“Just because,” Sun Mi smiled again. “Are you sure I can come over anytime?”

“It’s not problem really,” Aaron went on then stopped, “but I have to tell you something first.”

“What is it?” asked Sun Mi.

“The little groom eh?” Danson asked suddenly appearing out of no where. “You spreading your secret everywhere now? Don’t think so highly of yourself yet. There’s still something Selina hasn’t told you. Don’t like her too much or you’ll hurt yourself.”

Aaron stared at Danson silently as he walked off.

“Was he teasing you?” Sun Mi wondered. “I’ll knock the guts out of him!”

Sun Mi turned back to face the silent Aaron.

“Who was he talking about?” asked Sun Mi.

“Of course I don’t know anything about her,” Aaron told himself, “why would she tell me anything anyway?”

Sun Mi frowned, “Selina? Who’s she?”

Aaron silent started down the stairs toward the cafeteria. As they reached the bottom level the door opened and Selina walked in. The first thing Aaron noticed was Selina was dressed differently from that morning. She was wearing a skirt with a blouse. A smile suddenly curbed onto his lips and he started walking forward then paused as Danson walked toward her. He watched as they talked and walked out the doors. Unknowingly Aaron felt his heart sink into disappointment and confusion.

“Wow…who’s she?” asked Sun Mi.

“My wife…” Aaron quietly said.

Sun Mi gave a loud shriek. Aaron suddenly snapped out of his sudden trance and turned to look at her then at the people standing around. Aaron smiled embarrassed.

“You’re married?” Sun Mi asked.

Aaron glanced around once more and dragged Sun Mi into a quiet corridor by the bathrooms.

“Don’t talk so loud,” Aaron told.

“But really…you’re married?” Sun Mi asked again.

Aaron nodded, “You’re the first outsider to know so don’t tell anyone.”

“Oh…I’m the first outsider? I feel good to know that!” Sun Mi said suddenly getting louder.

Aaron hushed her again.

“Don’t tell anyone,” Aaron repeated.

“Why’d you get married?” questioned Sun Mi. “Did you two do something wrong?”

Aaron gave her a quick summary about the arranged marriage, Selina’s sister, and their family’s business.

“Wow…that’s amazing,” Sun Mi told. “Do you like her? You look like you do.”

“Me? I don’t think so,” Aaron replied.

“Aaron!” Hebe suddenly called. “What are you doing over here?”

Hebe stopped by Aaron and looked at Sun Mi.

“Oh Hebe this is my friend Sun Mi. She’s an exchange student from Korea,” Aaron introduced.

“Really? That’s so cool!” Hebe shouted.

Sun Mi smiled, “I know right?”

“Lets go have lunch,” Hebe told.

“Go ahead.” Aaron told.

“Ok I’ll see you two at the table,” Hebe told.

Sun Mi watched as Hebe walked off, “And she is…”

“My girlfriend,” Aaron replied.

Sun Mi’s mouth dropped open, “You’re so bad Aaron!”

“I don’t know how to tell her…” Aaron told, “I’m glad you don’t know anyone at our school. That’s probably why I can tell you all these.”

“Really? I feel so special now,” Sun Mi took a deep breath and smiled.

-_-

[A restaurant]

“That took you a while to say sorry,” Selina told as she dug into her food, “but anyhow apology accepted. As we are friends after all.”

“How did your week with Aaron go?” Danson questioned.

“We didn’t do anything. Had a meal with the neighbors and cleaned the house,” Selina told. “You worked all week?”

“Of course!” Danson replied. “But whatever. You don’t like him do you?”

“Danson!” Selina scolded.

“Alright I was just joking,” Danson told.

-_-

[Taipei Univeristy]

Aaron couldn’t seem to take that picture out of his head. Danson and Selina meeting up. He recalled Selina’s words telling him to ignore Danson if he said anything. Should he? What to do. Aaron sighed and stared at the clock. When class ended Aaron rushed out of class and ran passed Hebe who was walking toward his class. As promised Selina was in her car waiting for him. Aaron opened the car door and got inside. They sat in silence for a moment.

“Were you dressed like that to work?” Aaron questioned.

“What’s wrong with this? Of course I wore it to work,” Selina replied.

“Oh…” Aaron became silent for a while then asked again, “did you really wear that to work? You didn’t specially wear it elsewhere?”

“Yea,” Selina replied.

“You really just wore it to work?” Aaron asked.

“Yes! I wore it to work what is there to dress up for?” Selina questioned almost annoyed.

Aaron smiled, “I was just wondering…but you look good.”

Selina stopped at the red lights and turned to Aaron, “What are you a young ert now?”

“I was just complimenting,” Aaron told flinching in his chair.

“Keep your compliments to yourself,” Selina warned.

Aaron turned to look out the window and secretly smiled to himself. He felt glad knowing that Selina didn’t dress up just to meet up with Danson.

Aaron was also early to school the next day. Hebe found him in the hallway and as always he walked her to class. He was able to avoid Danson that day, but for the rest of the week Danson still taunted him in the hallways about what he’d first told Aaron.