Desire 19

All I Want...

The next morning Aaron finally opened his eyes. He turned to look beside him finding that Selina was gone. He sat up slowly looking around the room. Throwing the blankets over he headed into the bathroom to change. Walking out of the room he could hear the others laughing in the kitchen. Aaron stopped by the doorway looking in to see Selina playing with Jane.

“Oh!” Ella gave a start. “Aaron you’re finally up! Hurry up and take a seat Chun’s cooking today!”

Aaron walked in with a small smile and took a seat.

“Hey you look tired. Did you two do something yesterday?” Ella whispered to Aaron.

“Would we do what?” asked Selina.

“Oh nothing,” Ella said laughing then waved toward Jane. “Hi baby!”

Selina frowned, “You whisper loud of course I can hear you.”

Ella smiled, “If you have a baby boy then we can match up our kids! Though your son would be younger…but that’s no problem!”

Selina blinked silently at Ella and turned back to Jane.

“Your baby’s so cute!” Aaron complimented.

“She’s got all my features right Ella?” Chun asked turning back to look at them from the stove.  

“It’s a good thing Chun’s a pretty boy,” Ella told.

“Aaron count yourself lucky Selina doesn’t make you wake up early. I never get to sleep in like other men,” Chun whined.

“Since when?” Ella asked turning to look at Chun. “With that big body of yours sleeping in will turn your muscles into fat!”

Aaron laughed at them and turned back to look at Selina.

“I wanted to wake you an hour earlier, but Selina insisted you get more sleep,” Chun told.

“Really?” Aaron asked.

However Selina played with Jane pretending she didn’t hear a thing. Aaron couldn’t help, but smile broadly and feel lucky.

“We’re going fishing later,” Chun announced as he came to join the others to eat.

“Fishing?” Selina repeated.

“Chun’s got a very big boat we can ride. Everyone knows how to fish right?” asked Ella.

“Well I’ve never really gone on outings,” Selina admitted.

“What?!” Ella exclaimed. “Why not? Outings are the funnest!”

Selina smiled a little not sure if she should feel embarrassed.

“But I’m sure Aaron can teach you,” Ella told. “You know how to fish Aaron?”

“My grandpa used to take me fishing every weekend when I was still small,” Aaron told.

“See! You can learn from him,” Ella told.

Selina smiled at Ella nervously.

-_-

[Chun’s Boat]

Selina stared at the docks as the boat took them farther away from land. She let the drifty wind blow her loose ponytail back. She hadn’t spoke a word to Aaron, but she felt it was fine because Ella always spoke to him.

“Hey Selina,” Ella began, “do you want to go on the smaller boat to fish?”

“Huh?” Selina asked turning around from the view.

“I was just wondering if you and Aaron would like to take the small boat for a while,” Ella told, “Aaron said it wouldn’t matter.”

“I think here is fine,” Selina told.

“What? What was that Selina? You’d like to take the small boat?” Ella shouted loudly as she tilted her head back to wink at Aaron.

Selina frowned at Ella, “Why are you shouting? I didn’t say…”

Before Selina could go on she gave a small shout as Ella pushed her turning her around. Selina came to an abrupt stop and stared at Aaron who looked back at her with wide eyes. From behind Selina couldn’t see Ella and Chun smiling back at each other.

“What are you waiting for? Go down already,” Ella told.

Selina glanced down the ladder and made a face taking a step back only to find Ella trying to push her forward.

“It looks so scary…” Selina whined.

“Then Aaron why don’t you go down first?” Chun suggested. “So when Selina comes down you can help her.”

“Huh?” Aaron gave a nervous frown. “But the waves look like they’re angry. Maybe it’d be safer if…”

Before Aaron could be warned Chun pushed him forward harshly. Luckily Aaron caught onto the side railings saving himself. Selina’s eyes went wide in fear almost thinking Aaron would fall down. Selina turned to Chun with a mean warning expression. Chun laughed loudly in reply.

“He’s safe.” Chun’s laughter quietly died down and he cleared his throat.

Aaron looked up at them helplessly and made his way down. Selina watched as he stepped into the slowly rocking boat and felt shivers all over her body.

“Go on.” Ella urged with a smile.

Selina figured that sometimes Ella’s smiles were getting on her nerves. Figuring she couldn’t let Aaron make it down alone Selina forced herself to start down the ladder slowly. She gripped the railings as she slowly made her way down. As Selina lightly jumped onto the small boat it began rocking and she fell down lightly onto her knees with a small shout.

“Ok now untie the rope and off you go! Row the boat!” Ella shouted.

-_-

[Small Boat]

Selina watched Aaron as he untied the thick rope and once it became untied the waves began to carry the boat off. They could hear Chun shouting toward them, but they couldn’t make out what he was saying. Aaron watched as they slowly began to drift away from Chun’s boat and turned to look at Selina. She had her face hid behind her hands. Selina gave a loud moan as she removed her hands.

“How can this happen? How could you agree to use the small boat in the first place?” Selina questioned.

Aaron frowned, “What? They told me you agreed.”

Selina rolled her eyes as she realized Chun and Ella had planned this small thing.

“Oh look. A fishing rod,” Aaron said as he took it out from under Selina’s seat.

Selina watched as Aaron searched around for something.

“What are you looking for?” asked Selina.

“Bait,” Aaron told.

“Bait?” Selina repeated.

Aaron gave a loud shout of victory as he grabbed a small plastic container. As he opened it up he found dirt and a few worms crawling inside.

“Live bait,” Aaron told showing her what was inside.

Selina screamed and hit the container dropping it onto the boat.

“Get them away! Get them away!” Selina screamed waving her arms around and moving to the back of the boat.

“Ok, ok! Stop screaming!” Aaron shouted as he tried to recollect every one of them. “I got them all.”

Selina stopped screaming and glared at Aaron.

“You did that on purpose!” Selina accused.

“What? No. You dropped it and you’re blaming me,” Aaron told.

Selina sat silently and watched as Aaron split up a warm tying it onto the hook.

“So…that’s how it is?” Selina asked.

“Yea,” Aaron replied.

Selina watched as Aaron casted the fishing line out into the water.

“Whoa! How can you make it go that far?” Selina asked.

“Do you want to try?” Aaron questioned.

Selina looked at him then replied, “Ok.”

Aaron rowed the fishing line back and handed the rod to Selina. He watched as Selina held it uncomfortably and couldn’t help, but laugh.

“Hold it like this,” Aaron told constructing her hands onto the handle correctly.

“Oh…” Selina muttered with an embarrassed smile.

Selina listened carefully as Aaron gave her instructions. On her first try the fishing line dropped right in front of the boat not going very far. It caused an uproar between them. Giving up after a few tries Selina watched as Aaron fished. Becoming tired he handed the fishing rod to Selina and sat down. Silence engulfed them for a moment until Selina felt a small tug on the fishing rod.

“Whoa! Whoa! Aaron I think we got something!” Selina said excitedly as she turned back to look at Aaron.

“Bring it back! Quickly,” Aaron told as he began to get up.

Without realizing Selina was already doing so and was jumping up and down happily. Aaron felt his legs become wobbly as he began to lose balance.

“Hey Selina…” Aaron tried to warn her, but instead already fell back into the water with a loud splash.

Selina turned around to watch Aaron fall in the waves. She gave a scream and dropped the rod running to the other end of the boat. As the rod began to drop into the water Selina turned around with another shout and before she could grab onto it the rod was gone. Selina made a face and returned to the water.

“Aaron!” Selina shouted. “Aaron!”

Aaron’s head suddenly appeared out of the water. To Selina he looked out of breath.

“Aaron!” Selina shouted then turned back to find an oar and started to row toward Aaron only to find the boat going in the opposite direction.

Becoming frustrated Selina gave a shout and tried again. This time the boat moved toward Aaron. She came to a stop far away from him as her arms became tired from fighting against the waves. Taking a few deep breaths Selina made a go for it again.

“Here! Grab my hand!” Selina directed as she extended her arm out.

From the waters Aaron reached his hand out. Finally after a few times he grabbed Selina’s hand and moved toward the boat. As Aaron climbed into the boat Selina tried to help pull him up, but her strength wasn’t of any help. Aaron dropped into the boat with a thump.

“Are you ok? Are you ok? I’m so sorry!” Selina apologized panicked.

“I…I…” Aaron tried, but too out of breath he couldn’t make out any words.

Selina looked at him unsure if she should touch him or not. Taking another breath she shut her eyes feeling lost.