Desire 43

All I Want...

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

Sun Mi and Danson were sitting in silence. From looking at her Danson could feel that Sun Mi was feeling bad.

“Wait here,” Danson said and got up.

Sun Mi watched as Danson went out and came back with a stereo and a cd. As he plugged the cord he and slipped in the cd Sun Mi frowned.

“What are you doing?” Sun Mi questioned. “Don’t tell me you’re going to meditate.”

Danson laughed, “I don’t do those stuff.”

“Then what are you doing?” Sun Mi asked.

Danson walked over to her and stretched out his arm. Sun Mi stared at his arm as if it were some type of bug. Danson shook his arm again and Sun Mi looked away.

“Come on!” Danson urged as he playfully hit her shoulder.

Sun Mi turned back to him, “This better not be something stupid!”

Sun Mi put her hand into his and Danson helped pull her up from the ground. As Danson placed his hand on her waist Sun Mi eyed Danson carefully.

“Are you being a ert?” Sun Mi asked.

Danson rolled his eyes, “This is dancing.”

Sun Mi laughed and stopped when Danson placed his other hand on her waist.

“What’s this?” Sun Mi asked as she tried to push herself away.

“Don’t worry I’m not thinking what you’re thinking,” Danson replied.

“How do you know what I’m thinking?” Sun Mi asked.

“You know how to dance don’t you?” questioned Danson.

Sun Mi made a face, “Of course.”

They danced in silence for a while.

“I hope they’re not feeling too hurt…” Sun Mi said.

“They’ll be ok. It’s not like you’ll be the cause of their tears,” Danson told.

“You make that sound even better,” Sun Mi said sarcastically.

Danson smiled as his arms slowly went all the way around her. They came to a stop in the middle of the room. Danson could immediately smell the fragrance of Sun Mi’s hair. Feeling as if he was pulled into a trance by her he placed a kiss on her forehead. Sun Mi stood there feeling shocked to the core. She immediately pushed Danson away and started to walk toward the door when she remembered she was already in her place. Sun Mi turned around and stood in front of Danson pointing to the door. She was feeling somehow speechless. Shocked himself Danson just turned and walked out the door.

Sun Mi sat on the ground feeling her heart beat like crazy. She turned around and turned off the stereo taking a deep sigh.

-_-

[Outside Sun Mi’s Apartment]

Danson stood by the door feel his heart beat crazily.

“What’s wrong with me?” he questioned himself. “I’ve to be crazy.”

-_-

[The Bar]

“Selina,” Jiro called.

Selina felt herself freeze and turned around to see Jiro standing not too far away. He could clearly make out the wet streak of tears on her face. Selina was afraid of the disappointment Jiro would feel toward her.

“Lets go,” Jiro said in a soft tone.

Selina turned around with watery eyes to look at Aaron who was almost asleep.

“Please wake up,” Selina said, her voice shaky. “Aaron go home.”

Jiro walked toward Selina and grabbed her arm. Jiro wiped her tears dry and grabbed her hand pulling her away from the table.

“Lets go Selina,” Jiro told.

“Wait,” Selina told.

She glanced back at Aaron and walked toward the counter. She quickly asked for the bartender to call a taxi and take Aaron back to his house. After doing so she walked back to Jiro who quickly pulled her out of the building.

-_-

[Jiro’s Car]

Selina sat quietly as Jiro started driving. What was he thinking of her now? Was he angry?

“Do you want to go back or would you rather go home?” Jiro asked without looking at her.

Selina glanced at Jiro through the corner of her eye.

“Just take me home,” Selina told and turned to look out the window.

Jiro slightly turned to glance at her. He felt scared of the possibility of Selina wavering. He didn’t want to see her with her ex-husband. She should only be with him. He didn’t want to lose her.

-_-

[Ren Household]

Mrs. Ren was still up. She was sitting by the lamp reading an old novel that was her favorite. She took her reading glasses off as the door opened and closed. Selina walked through the room with a pale worried tiring looking face.

“Why are you home this late?” questioned Mrs. Ren.

Selina didn’t answer, but kept on walking. Feeling that something was up Mrs. Ren got up from her chair.

“Selina what’s wrong?” Mrs. Ren asked. “Come here, lets sit.”

Mrs. Ren gently led Selina over to the sofa and they sat down. Noticing that her eyes were red Mrs. Ren felt alarmed. It had been a while since she’d involved herself in Selina’s personal life.

“Did you and Jiro fight?” Mrs. Ren asked.

“I’m tired mom,” Selina said as she started to get up, but her mother pulled her back down.

“I haven’t talked with you in a while. Lets have a mother to daughter talk,” Mrs. Ren suggested.

“The last time you said that it didn’t lead to anywhere good,” Selina pointed out.

“Selina…mom’s noticed that you’ve become different,” Mrs. Ren told.

Selina looked at her mom waiting for her to go on.

“Is there any special reason that you’ve decided to marry Jiro?” asked Mrs. Ren.

“Why? Isn’t this what you and dad wanted?” Selina asked.

Mrs. Ren took a breath as if relieving heavy stress, “I don’t care what you do. You don’t have to listen to your father…he’s a bit selfish now, but I can always get him off your back.”

Selina shook her head after a while, “There’s no special reason.”

Mrs. Ren looked at the ground then to Selina, “Do you love him? Anything of that sort?”

“Why mom?” Selina asked feeling weird with her mom directing these questions at her.

“You don’t look quite as happy anymore,” Mrs. Ren told, “you’ve become so silent now. If you want to rebel against this marriage then rebel! Since when do you obey your father’s words? It’s not like you to do this right now. If you’re not happy then let your feelings out and show us you’re not happy. If you’re angry then shout and yell!”

Selina watched her mom’s gestures and couldn’t help, but feel touched by her love.

“Who cares about what your father thinks? Jiro’s not the only man in the world!” Mrs. Ren told then let out a tiring sigh. “Looking at you now…mom’s beginning to regret the divorce between you and Aaron.”

Selina could feel her eyes become red again and she felt like crying.

“Aaron could be another option…that kid wasn’t too bad,” Mrs. Ren said lightly slapping Selina’s leg. “Mom is sorry for forcing you to do things. I know we hurt you…so just smile. It’ll make me feel better when I look at you.”