Desire 50

All I Want...

-_-

[Jiro’s Office]

As planned Selina had gotten out of the house the next day and headed towards Jiro’s office. She hadn’t put much thought into what could happen when she went there especially after that argument they had. All that occupied her mind was finding out if he knew something about the stockholders.

Selina stopped by the elevator and pressed the up button. Finding out earlier she found out that Jiro’s office was on the 4th floor. Selina made her way through the polished hallway and soon enough there was a desk at the end of the hallway.

“Excuse me,” Selina politely said, “is Jiro Wang in?”

“May I ask who you are?” asked the lady behind the desk.

“Tell him Selina’s here,” Selina told.

“Wait a moment,” she said.

Selina stood back from the counter and glanced around. There was a painted picture of orchids hanging on the wall.

“He says to go right in,” the lady told.

Selina nodded thanking the lady and made her way further down the hallway making a sharp turn to her right. Walking down that hallway Selina found a wooden door and turned the doorknob.

“What are you doing here?” Jiro asked smiling from behind his desk.

Selina felt frozen in place as she watched his strange smile. It was as if he was already expecting her to visit sooner or later. Jiro got out from behind his desk and took the doorknob out of her hand. Selina quickly pulled her hand back as she felt him put a hold on her. Jiro looked at her then pushed the door closed and headed back to sit behind his desk.

“So what are you here for?” Jiro asked. “Do you want to go out for an early lunch? Or breakfast if you didn’t eat any?”

“I ate with Aaron,” Selina said and somehow Aaron’s name just seemed to roll off her tongue without her even thinking about it.

Jiro leaned back into the chair looking at his bookshelf then turned back to look at Selina.

“Ok…so what do you really want?” asked Jiro.

Selina remained standing where she was and decided to just get to the point.

“I bet you’ve heard about the stockholders withdrawing?” Selina asked.

Jiro raised an eyebrow and leaned forward resting his chin on his fingers clasped together.

“I suppose,” Jiro replied, “it’s not much of a surprise is it?”

“What do you mean?” Selina frowned.

Jiro smiled, “It would have happened sooner or later anyway…”

Selina watched Jiro, “You seem strange.”

Jiro didn’t reply. Figuring that she’d get nothing out of talking with him Selina began to excuse herself. Before she could even make it to the door Jiro rushed out of his chair and raced to stand in front of her. Selina looked down at his hand which was clasped around her wrist.

“I’m sorry I was just joking with you,” Jiro told in a scared tone.

“I’ve got things to do,” Selina said feeling uncomfortable.

Was even being in the same room with him safe anymore?

“I can get the stockholders back…if you promise me one thing,” Jiro told.

Selina looked at Jiro immediately.

“You must marry me,” Jiro told. “If you do I’ll get them back.”

-_-

[In The Taxi]

Selina stared at the business buildings she was passing. What did Jiro mean? How would he be able to get the stockholders back? It didn’t make sense? Did he have so much power that even he could crush anybody now?

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

Sun Mi jolted awake as her phone started ringing. She had fallen asleep on the couch because of boredom. She glanced out the window to find that the sky was already getting dark. She rubbed her head and walked toward her phone first to look at the caller I.D. It was out of area meaning it must be someone from Korea calling for her. Sun Mi hadn’t wanted to talk if it was her mother all she was doing was nagging for her to return back home as soon as possible. Sun Mi sighed as she set the phone down and leaned back into the couch. What was wrong with her? How come she wasn’t able to make a decision?

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

When Selina opened the door Aaron rushed toward her as if something really bad had happened.

“Your mom just called,” Aaron told not giving her a chance to let her emotions show.

“Did something happen?” asked Selina alarmed.

“The media’s over at the company she says it’s really chaotic over there,” Aaron told.

Selina felt her heart sank. Was it already this bad already?

“Did you lie to me last night?” Aaron questioned.

Selina moved her eyes up from the ground up to his face. Did he know everything already? Aaron wouldn’t be angry would he?

“I’m sorry,” Selina told.

Aaron put a comforting hand on her arm and smiled, “My dad’s bank and I are willing to help you out anytime Selina. So you don’t need to worry about how I’ll take this.”

Selina nodded still not feeling convinced that everything was alright. Something about Jiro just made her scared. Feelings she couldn’t place into words.

A few days went by and the business got work. Employees were being laid off, many were quitting themselves, and none were willing to stay with the company. Truth was none of them could be blamed. Selina and her parents spent their days doing as much as they could to revive the business and keep it going, but hopes seemed to be dissolving away like ice.

Even Mr. Yan had offered to help, but none of the money really helped anyway which left them all in disappointment. Aaron comforted Selina through her stress, but her mind kept going back to Jiro’s condition. He must know something she decided, but would she be able to get it out of him? Would he even tell her?   

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

Sun Mi sighed as she leaned back into her couch. In front of her sat her laptop. Finally she had brought herself to reserve her plane ticket. In a week’s time she would be out of Taiwan. Even if she’d done what she’d been planning for a long time now she didn’t feel a least bit happy about it.

Sun Mi turned back to look at her door wondering if Danson would come knocking anytime like he used to. Ever since he’d confessed he hadn’t come over anymore. To think about it Sun Mi hadn’t even seen him since then. She sighed and wondered if she should tell him farewell.

Feeling that the urge wouldn’t go away Sun Mi finally got up to her feet and found herself standing in front of his door. Wiping her sweaty hands on her pants she shook her head and turned around intending to go back to her apartment. Feeling that urge again Sun Mi paused in her tracks and turned back.

“Just do it Sun Mi. It’s ok, it’s just good bye,” Sun Mi told. “Besides he should know when I’m leaving or else he’d go crazy looking for me. We’re just friends afterall…friends should let each other in on things…”

Sun Mi nodded her head in encouragement to herself and knocked on the door. After the second knock the door finally opened as if Danson himself was anticipating her visit. He wiped the excitement off his face.

“Do you need help with something?” asked Danson.

Sun Mi stuck her hands into her back pockets and pressed her lips together.

“I just wanted to tell you…I’ve already booked my plane ticket,” Sun Mi let it out at last.

Danson stood there staring at her as if he hadn’t heard her words at all.

“So fast?” asked Danson.

Sun Mi turned to look behind her as if there were someone there. She then turned back to Danson.

“Would you like to go out for dinner?” Sun Mi asked. “Since you’re always asking me I’ll ask you this time.”