Desire 32

All I Want...

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Selina returned home in a better mood than she’d expected. It was almost dark now and she didn’t think Hebe would still be in her house, but as she opened the door she found that the living room was full. Ella was over. Now it looked like a couple in the house with their best friend and she was the outsider.

“Selina!” Ella jumped up from the couch.

Selina first glanced at the smiling Hebe then turned to Ella. Selina knew better than to be childish and fight with someone younger than her even though the will in her heart wanted to do so.

“We need to talk,” Ella said seriously then grabbed her arm and led her into the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen Ella let her go.

“Aaron has a girlfriend?” asked Ella.

Selina didn’t reply.

“Aren’t you going to say something?” pushed Ella.

“What is there to say?” asked Selina.

“He’s your husband!” Ella pointed out. “Don’t just lose out like this!”

“It’s…a little complicated,” Selina said.

“How? In what way? She’s younger than you right?” Ella asked. “Even so there’s no need for your hesitation. You’re still in the game. You’re at the led. Just because she’s a kid you shouldn’t go easy on her.”

Selina let out an easy laugh, “Who says I’m losing out. I never backed down.”

Selina quickly shut and wondered what she was saying.

Ella smiled, “That’s the spirit! If a girl neared Chunnie I’d slam them down!”

“Ok…” Selina replied.

“Who are you slamming?” Hebe suddenly asked appearing by the doorway.

Selina and Ella quickly turned.

Hebe suddenly smiled, “I was just telling you I’m leaving.”

Selina stared at her silently and without saying anything else Hebe turned to leave. She could hear some chatter between her and Aaron before the door closed.

“Isn’t she a bossy one,” Ella commented then smiled. “Well I came over to ask you to go shopping with me, but it doesn’t seem like the right time right? Bye bye.”

Selina nodded and watched as Ella walked out of the kitchen. Taking a gulp of air Selina
walked out and headed up the stairs. Before making her way up she paused a little bit as Aaron turned toward her to say something. Feeling angrily strangely Selina made her way up the stairs without letting him go on. In a moment Aaron followed her up the stairs. He found Selina shaking her snow globe.

“Hey,” he greeted warmly.

When Selina didn’t reply he walked over and gently put his hand on the snow globe with her. Selina stopped and quickly set the snow globe down.

“Can I ask where you went?” Aaron questioned.

“I was in a good mood earlier,” Selina replied, “I don’t know if I’m still feeling the same.” There was a pause of silence. “I visited your grandpa.”

Aaron suddenly gave a her a slow peck on the lips making Selina lose her train of thoughts.

“Can I do this?” asked Aaron.

Selina glanced at him and he gave her another kiss and another and another. Selina could feel them fall gently against the bed and within a moment they were already engrossed with each other. Aaron stopped and looked at Selina then rolled off her. Selina stared up at the ceiling then slowly pulled herself up. A sudden feeling of disappointment and hurt started to grow within the two of them quietly.

“I…can I take your innocence away?” Aaron asked. “If I do…what’ll be left of you when he returns?”

Selina let her eyes focus on the grounds as her hair slid across her shoulders. What were they to do now? Even if they were to pretend that they were ok, that they were happy, and that they had never felt close it was all a lie. That argument, that talk of divorce her father had talked about the other day was already beginning to take effect. Could they really hold on and continued as a married couple? There was Hebe to think of. There was Jiro who could return. Selina’s parents had no need to rely on Aaron’s family anymore. What would be left?

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

Danson finally awoke as the moon rose up into the darkened sky. The TV was the only thing that lit up the whole room. As he rubbed his eyes he could see Sun Mi sitting on the ground with a bag of chips in front of her. She was certainly enjoying whatever was showing on the screen. Danson got up from the couch and switched on the lights.

“Hey!” Sun Mi screamed.

“You’ll blind yourself if you watch TV in the dark!” Danson told.

“Says who?” Sun Mi questioned. “Turn it back off!”

“No!” Danson refused.

“It’s my house!” Sun Mi retorted. “Do it now!”

“No!” Danson refused again.

Sun Mi reached into her bag of chips and tossed some at him. Danson shouted and walked over grabbing the chips away from her. Sun Mi’s eyes widened and she opened .

“You just woke up and you have this much energy?” questioned Sun Mi.

“Of course! I’m a guy after alll,” Danson told.

“Then get out and go to your own house!” Sun Mi screamed and pushed him toward the door.

“Hey wait!” Danson shouted as he turned around just in time to see the door slam in his face.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

As hard as she tried Selina was not able to fall asleep. Her eyes lay open and she could only feel the misery build up in her. She was lost and confused. Why were her feelings being stirred. Selina slowly got out from bed and the bedside lamp. She sat on the ground leaning against the bed. Where was this misery coming from? Why did she feel so sad now? She could feel happiness flying around when Aaron was near, but why now could she not feel the same? Things were going just fine before Hebe started to barge in. Why did her feelings suddenly become stronger for Aaron when she came into the picture? Was it because she did not want to lose him? What about Jiro? What was she doing? What was she thinking?

Aaron opened his eyes through the dim darkness and glanced at Selina’s back. He wasn’t ready to let go. Of course it hadn’t been long since they’d been together, but he’d attached himself to her. She’d given him this feeling. Just this unexplainable feeling that was able to make him feel like he was the luckiest person on earth. He had no one to blame, but why did they have to worry about separation so soon?

“Just one more moment,” he prayed silently, “let us be together.”

-_-

[Taipei University]

Aaron climbed up the stairs slowly and lazily. Exams were already next week then he’d be out of school. As usual his mind was occupied with other thoughts when he sat in class. At lunch he just stared at his food.

“Are you on a diet?” asked Sun Mi.

Aaron did not answer.

“You’re so moody like a girl,” Sun Mi commented.

Aaron sighed and looked up at his friend, “I heard something happened to you.”

“Me?” Sun Mi asked pointing to herself. “I’m ok now. Why are you so down?”

Aaron sighed again. He didn’t feel like telling, but on the other hand maybe it might make him feel better by talking about it. This misery was already beginning to kill him.

“What?! Divorce?!” Sun Mi asked. “Isn’t it too early?”

Aaron sighed, “I don’t know. I feel so bad thinking about it. Maybe Selina’s considering it too. I just don’t know what to do. There’s always a wall between us now.”