Desire 27

All I Want...

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Aaron sat quietly on the couch. He felt more uncertain about keeping his marriage a secret now. Hebe would find out soon. He knew he should just tell her, but she would just shrug it off her shoulders and pretend he was lying. What should he do? What if Hebe suddenly visits one day and Selina was in the house too? Selina would surely not argue with Hebe. She was too mature for that. Aaron snapped out of his thoughts as he heard a loud screeching noise from outside. He quickly got up and opened the door to find Selina falling inside onto him.

“What’s wrong?” Aaron quickly asked worriedly as he caught Selina.

Selina pushed her hair aside as she stepped back onto her own feet. She looked at Aaron and smiled.

“Do you like my outift? I’m wearing a skirt,” Selina said half laughing.

Aaron frowned at her then could make out the smell of alcohol.

“You’ve been drinking? Did you really have a meeting?” asked Aaron.

“Of course!” Selina said taking off her jacket.

“You’re drunk…I’ll get you a cup of water,” Aaron told.

“No I’m not! I’m not drunk!” Selina pouted. “You better not bring that cup of water over here!”

Aaron stopped and turned around frowning.

“You should get some sleep then.” Aaron told hurrying back to Selina.

Selina smiled as she grabbed his hand and pushed him onto the couch. Aaron frowned as he stared up at Selina.

“Lets play a game,” Selina said, “lets play the take off your clothes game!”

Aaron felt himself jump as Selina’s hands ran under his shirt.

“What are you doing?!” Aaron shouted as he got up to sit.

“What’s wrong with this?” Selina asked. “We are married…your grandpa wants a baby…”

“They don’t mean it!” Aaron shouted surprising himself.

Selina made a face. Aaron sighed and rubbed his forehead. He looked once more at Selina who now had her eyes closed and moved forward to give her a peck on the cheek. As he did so Selina turned her face and he found himself giving her that kiss on the lips. He hadn’t planned on making it a big one until Selina started to kiss him back. He opened his eyes in surprise, but before he could do anything Selina already had her arms wrapped intimately around his neck pressing her body against his.

-_-

[Taipei Streets]

Sun Mi was making her short cut on the way back to her apartment, but stopped as she saw someone sitting on the ground blocking her way. Frowning Sun Mi bent down and lightly shook him.

“Sir, sir, sir,” Sun Mi shook him.

He opened his eyes to reveal that they were watery.

“Is something wrong? Are you hurt?” Sun Mi questioned.

Once he turned to look at Sun Mi her eyes went wide.

“It’s you!” she made a face and started to get up deciding she should leave him behind, but he reached up, and pulled her back down. “What do you want? You should just die out here! Let go of me!”

“I’m unlikeable aren’t I?” he asked.

Sun Mi’s expression softened, “What’s wrong with you? Don’t think I’ll be easy on you just because you’re being pitiful right now.”

Danson smiled, “You’re so easy.”

“You smell like alcohol,” Sun Mi said waving her hand in front of her nose.

“When you’ve liked someone silently for 5 years and you’ve witnessed their hurt over and over again.” Danson began.

“Oh! You like someone?” Sun Mi asked. “Why don’t you just tell her? End of story then!”

“She doesn’t want to hear it. She knows how I feel, but she doesn’t want my feelings,” Danson told. “I introduced her to a friend and they went through a painful relationship. Now…she’s married to someone who’s younger than her…I get to watch her fall in love all over again.”

Sun Mi frowned to herself wondering why it sounded familiar.

“Who is she?” Sun Mi asked.

“Your friend’s wife,” Danson replied.

Sun Mi thought for a long time through the silence then shouted, “Selina! Oh my god! You like her too?! Wait, wait, wait! You said she’s falling in love all over again? What does that mean? That she likes Aaron? She loves Aaron?”

Danson rolled his eyes, “I already said it. Don’t you get it?”

Sun Mi pressed her lips together, “I do.”

Danson was silent for a moment, “Can I borrow your shoulder for a moment?”

“Huh?” Sun Mi questioned, but before she could give a straight answer Danson leaned onto her and Sun Mi could make out the noise of him crying.

Sun Mi found herself wondering was it that painful to like someone? Did it hurt so much? She sat there for a long time and turned to Danson after a while.

“Hey! Hey! Get off me! I need to go eat and sleep!” Sun Mi said as she tried to push Danson off.

After doing so Sun Mi got up and started to walk away, but stopped. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea leaving him behind. Sun Mi started back toward Danson and tried to pull him or somehow get him to stand up, but failed. Panting and out of breath she decided to just forget it. Sun Mi began to walk away again but, her conscience refused to let her leave him there. Sun Mi stamped on her foot and quickly left.

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

“Thank you. Thank you a lot,” Sun Mi thanked.

She had gotten her next door neighbor to carry Danson in. As she closed the door she wondered what she would do next.

“Jerk! Why did I tell him to leave you on my bed?” Sun Mi questioned to herself. “I’m so stupid.”

Danson awoke the next morning with a very bad headache. As he got up he pressed his hand against his head wondering where he was. He got out of the bed and walked out into the plain apartment. After looking around he found someone curled up asleep on the couch. He walked closer to recognized her as the girl from school.

“Hey,” Danson said shaking her awake.

Once Sun Mi’s eyes were opened she stared at him silently then screamed loudly. Giving

Danson a scare he jumped back.

“What are you doing here?” Sun Mi questioned.

“What am I doing here? What are you doing here? And also what am I doing here?” Danson asked.

“Oh right,” Sun Mi said as she got up in front of Danson. “You were drunk yesterday! The nice me could not leave you out there so that’s why you’re here!”  

Danson frowned as he remembered a little of what happened last night and suddenly felt a little embarrassed of crying on her shoulder.

“Do you want breakfast?” Sun Mi questioned.

“No,” Danson replied.

“Alright then,” Sun Mi said.

A while later Danson watched as Sun Mi brought over a pot of steaming noodles onto a small table on the ground. As Sun Mi began to eat Danson found himself seated on the ground.

“May I have some?” asked Danson.

With a mouthful she asked, “Don’t you have school? Or shouldn’t you be getting back home to take a shower and getting dressed?”

“But I’m hungry,” Danson replied.

“But you said you didn’t want any before,” Sun Mi replied as she put another mouthful in .

“But I want some now,” Danson said.

“No,” Sun Mi replied.

“Fine! Be that way!” Danson said and got up slamming the door.

“Jerk,” Sun Mi mumbled.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Aaron awoke the next morning and stared at Selina’s sleeping face. Though she still smelled of alcohol Aaron didn’t really mind. All he could think about was how pretty she was. Up close it seemed as if it was just a fantasy. He glanced at the clock and suddenly jumped out of bed. Deciding not to wake Selina up he grabbed his bag and ran off to school.

-_-

[Taipei University]

Aaron sat in his desk almost falling asleep in every class.

“Geez what did you do yesterday,” Sun Mi asked at lunch.

Aaron rubbed his forehead, “It was absurd yesterday.”

Sun Mi raised her eyebrows, “Absurd?”

“Who would expect their wife to come home drunk? It should be the husband coming home drunk,” Aaron exclaimed. “I don’t want to see her drunk ever again.”

“She was drunk?” Sun Mi asked. “What did she do?”

Aaron frowned, “It’s strange telling you.”

“Why? It’s not like you can tell anyone else,” Sun Mi said.

“That’s why,” Aaron told, “you’re a girl.”

“So,” Sun Mi said, “ok pretend I’m a guy and tell me.”

Aaron rolled his eyes as he recalled the wild kiss they had yesterday that dragged them all the way into bed.

“Wow…something must have happened. You’re redder than a tomato,” Sun Mi said.

“What? No!” Aaron said then looked around and gulped down some water.

“I wonder if she was drinking with him yesterday…” Sun Mi wondered aloud.

Aaron found himself spitting out water in surprise. Sun Mi shrieked as the water flew at her.

“I’m sorry!” Aaron apologized.

Sun Mi glared at Aaron shortly and grabbed some napkins drying herself.

“What is your problem?” Sun Mi asked.

“Sorry,” Aaron repeated. “And you said someone was drinking with who?”

“That idiot that’s always picking on you! I found him drunk yesterday too! He even spent the night at my apartment. You know how crazy it is?” Sun Mi asked.

Aaron frowned in shock, “Danson?”

“Yea! That’s him!” Sun Mi said loudly. “That jerk!”

“Selina was with him?” Aaron wondered then frowned. “Hebe…she found out my address and no one but you know…”

Sun Mi bit her lip, “Sorry.”

“How could you tell?” Aaron asked. “I can’t believe you!”

“Well…it just automatically came out…” Sun Mi began.

“What if Selina finds out?” Aaron asked.

“Sorry!” Sun Mi apologized again.

When Aaron got out of school the first thing he did was search for Selina’s car. When he didn’t find her anywhere he became worried. Was she still asleep? Or was she having a really bad hangover? Aaron got in line and waited for the bus to arrive. But as a minute passed by it felt like an hour. Feeling he couldn’t wait any longer Aaron started across the street and made his way home.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Aaron unlocked the door quickly as if there was a bomb going off outside. He opened the door and hurried inside. To his relief Selina was sitting in the kitchen drinking some coffee. To his second relief she was wearing sweat pants and a t shirt.

“You’re home,” was the first thing Selina said, “sorry I forgot about you. I just woke up with a really bad headache.”

“It’s ok,” Aaron said.

As he walked over he looked at her carefully. When Selina looked up at him he quickly looked away.

“What?” Selina asked.

“You don’t remember anything?” Aaron asked nervously.

“Remember what?” Selina asked. “Did I do something bizarre?”

Aaron laughed, “No.”

Selina frowned drank more of her coffee and found Aaron staring at her again.

“You don’t recall anything seriously?” Aaron questioned.

“What? Did I do something to you?” asked Selina. “I just woke up less then 15 minutes ago.”

Aaron nodded, “Shouldn’t you be drinking something else? Drinking coffee in the middle of the day isn’t good for you.”

“This isn’t your body is it?” asked Selina rather roughly.

Aaron shrugged feeling he should back off.