Desire 12

All I Want...

-_-

[The store]

A few minutes later he was walking down the snacks aisle following Selina who was pushing the cart. Aaron came to a stop as they passed some cookies.

“Hey wait Selina,” Aaron told. “Lets take a pack of cookies so when we’re bored we can munch on them.”

“You’re still a young boy you should manage your weight,” Selina countered.

“You’re managing your weight?” questioned Aaron.

Selina made a face at Aaron and felt as if she really wanted the cookies also. She had wanted to watch her weight strictly but Aaron was pulling the strings.

“Grab three of them,” Selina replied and moved on.

Aaron smiled sneakily as he grabbed four.

As he put the cookies into the cart he said, “What about some sandwiches? They’re awfully healthy!”

Selina turned to Aaron, “Awfully healthy. Why are you asking me?”

“Well…I don’t know…” Aaron told.

“Milk goes best with cookies,” Selina told as she turned the aisle.

After buying some meat and veggies they spent the rest of their time on buying junk food.

“I’m beat!” Aaron exclaimed as he got into the passenger’s seat.

“I paid for it,” Selina told.

“I didn’t ask you to,” Aaron pointed out.

“Shut up,” Selina ordered.

Aaron became silent then turned to Selina with a smile, “Thanks though. I’ll definitely enjoy the cookies.”

Selina started up the engine and drove back to their house.  

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

After parking the car Selina got out of the car and opened the front door.

“Bring in the bags!” she shouted back to Aaron.

Aaron opened the back of the car and his mouth fell open.

“This is…too much,” Aaron gaped at the bags and bags piled over one another.

Selina started to unpack everything one by one as Aaron brought in the bags. Once everything was put away and Aaron had come in Selina began to prepare dinner.

“Hey want to make a sandwich?” questioned Selina.

Aaron frowned, “My arms are dying!”

“Are you cooking?” asked Selina. “This is the only thing I can trust you with.”

Aaron made a lazy face and got up from his seat. A few minutes later Selina turned to Aaron.

“Where’s my sandwich?” Selina asked.

“Huh?” Aaron turned to Selina his mouth full then after swallowing he told, “You never said anything about making a sandwich for you.”

“There’s a reason to why I asked you to make one in the first place,” Selina told.

“You can have this one…but I already took a bite out of it,” Aaron said.

Selina stared at the sandwich in front of Aaron. She grabbed it and stuffed it into . She turned back to the stove and continued to cook. They ate dinner in silence.

Selina had finally gotten her chance to shower after Aaron. It was already late as Selina finished combing her hair. She stepped into the bedroom almost tripping over Aaron’s boxes. Selina headed downstairs figuring she’d get Aaron to put his stuff away, but found Aaron lazily sleeping on the couch already. Sighing Selina turned off the lights and headed back upstairs. Selina opened Aaron’s boxes to find his school bag and his clothes all inside. Selina refolded all of his clothes and put them all into the drawer standing next to the one her clothes occupied. She placed Aaron’s bag next to the drawer and placed the unfolded box by the corner. Glad that the room was finally clean Selina turned off the lights.

Selina was in the kitchen pouring making herself a cereal bowl when Aaron walked in.

“Did you see where my clothes went?” asked Aaron.

Selina didn’t reply until after she took a bite out of her cereal, “I put them in the drawer.”

Aaron nodded and turned around to walk upstairs and paused. Putting all of his clothes away meant touching his private stuff too.

“You put everything?” Aaron asked.

“Yes. Why? Something wrong?” asked Selina.

Aaron quickly shook his head and hurried upstairs feeling embarrassed.

“It’s not like there’s nothing to hide,” Selina said as she sat down.

Aaron rushed upstairs and stared at the two drawers wondering which one was his. He was toward the one at the far left and opened a random drawer. Inside he found a framed photo of Selina with another man. Without a second thought Aaron closed the drawer and walked toward the one at the right. Inside he found his shirts, socks, jeans, and boxers all sorted out. He grabbed a clean shirt and changed into it.

Selina carried her cereal bowl out into the living room. She sat down on the couch and the TV. Aaron headed down the stairs and came to sit by Selina. He grabbed the remote control and changed to another channel.

“What are you doing?” Selina loudly asked.

Aaron turned to Selina and pointed to the TV, “But I wanted to watch Batman…”

“Oh my God you still watch that?” Selina asked.

Aaron turned back from the TV to look at Selina, “So…so? Nothing’s wrong with that. I bet Chun still watches it too.”

Selina stared at Aaron and couldn’t help but laugh.

“Ok. Enjoy your cartoon then,” Selina got up and walked into the kitchen.  “What a kid. That show was on even before I could understand what Gotham was.”

“What’s so funny about Batman?” Aaron wondered. “I wonder if she’s even seen Dark Knight yet.”

Aaron laid down on the couch gluing his eyes to the TV. Selina returned to the living room with a plate of sandwiches. Sitting down she also glued her eyes to the TV and watched Batman with Aaron.

“Is that the Joker?” Selina asked. “I forgot how creepy he looks.”

“Where’s my sandwich?” Aaron asked turning to her.

“This is mine go make your own,” Selina told.

“I’m hungry too,” Aaron tried.

“Don’t give me that eye,” Selina warned and stuck the last sandwich into .

Aaron made a face as Selina laughed. They were interrupted by the ringing of Selina’s cell phone. Glancing at the ID caller Selina got up and walked into the kitchen.

“What’s up?” Selina answered.

“You want to come out for a bit?” it was Danson.

Selina hurried up the stairs to change into something appropriate and rushed back down.

“Where are you going?” Aaron asked as Selina reached the door.

“Somewhere,” Selina replied. “I’ll be back later.”