Desire 30

All I Want...

“Where were you?!” questioned Mr. Ren. “We waited two hours for you! Do you know how important this promotion is? I lost my reputation. Now they think I’ve purposely done that to waste their time! How are you going to pay me back? I don’t have a daughter like you!”

It took Selina a moment to react.

“I told you already I didn’t want the project,” Selina told, “I’d never asked for you to set this whole thing up.”

“I did this to help you,” her father opposed.

“I never asked for your help,” Selina retorted.

“Calm down,” Mrs. Ren told Mr. Ren then turned to Selina, “if you cared about the company and your father you would have showed up.” Mrs. Ren made a face as she recognized the smell of alcohol. “You were out drinking?”

“How can you waste your money like this?” her father asked. “I raised you to take care of the company not to become some .”

“Dad!” Selina shouted.

Aaron watched them lost. What was he supposed to do? He didn’t know Selina was feeling this way.

“Selina!” her mother scolded. “Why are you being so rebellious? We’re doing all this for your own good. We just want the best for you ok?”

Selina took a breath and looked at her parents angrily, “I’ve let you control my life ever since I was born. I’ve even let you choose my future, but this all has to stop now. Every decision in my life I will make it for myself from now on. I don’t want to be part of Ren Enterprise anymore.”

“What kind of a daughter are you?” questioned Mr. Ren shaking with anger. “How can you say that?”

“Because you never cared about me!” Selina shouted. “Kate was your favorite! Don’t push your pressure on me anymore!”

“Selina!” her mom shouted forgetting that Aaron and his father were there. “Because we don’t want to lose you like how we lost Kate!”

“You never understood me. I was always the last thing on your mind.” Selina went on. “You’ve never approved of anything I did. You say I don’t do anything for your business? I got married for it. For your selfish company to survive I let you choose my future. Shouldn’t you be happy? There should be bottles of champainge awaiting you at home.”

“If you don’t like Aaron then why don’t you divorce him?” her father asked angrily with tears behind his eyes. “Why? Because we sent your Jiro away? You don’t have to take it this far.”

Selina bit her shaking lip.

“I should be the one who’s dead instead of Kate,” Selina muttered.

Her father’s eyes enlarged and his hand shot up again to hit Selina once more, but before he did Mr. Yan grabbed his hand in mid air. Selina stared at Aaron’s father for his unexpected save.

“I’m not going to allow anyone to hit my daughter in law,” Mr. Yan said.

“You’re not her father,” Mr. Ren said pulling his hand out of Mr. Yan’s grasp.

“No one hits their children,” Mr. Yan pointed out.

“Lets break off our ties as in laws right here,” Mr. Ren said. “We don’t need you to support us anymore.”

With that Mr. Ren turned to walk out the door. Mrs. Ren looked at all of them unsure of what to do then chased her husband out. Selina turned away from Aaron’s father and headed up the stairs.

“You should take care of Selina,” Mr. Yan said.

Aaron nodded and walked his dad out the door. As soon as he left Aaron rushed up the stairs to find Selina standing still in the bed room.

“Where’d you go last night? I was worried. I called a million times, but you never picked up,” Aaron said.

Selina turned around and automatically sent a slap across his face. When Aaron turned back to face her Selina glanced at her hand with her lips trembling. She hadn’t meant it it just happened. Aaron looked at her and pulled her into a hug realizing that she must be going through a lot of stress. He felt sorry that he couldn’t be of any help.

Feeling his warmth Selina leaned against him helplessly and cried loudly as she clutched onto his shirt tightly.    

-_-

[Streets of Taipei]

After finding out that Selina had left silently Danson had stayed in for the rest of the day. Later feeling caged up Danson made his way out to stroll the streets. The sun had already set hours ago and Danson found himself accompanied by only the cold breeze. He stopped a while later when he noticed a familiar figure sitting on the bench with a notebook in her hand.

“Sometimes I wonder why we meet so much,” Danson said as he set his hand on her shoulder from behind.

Sun Mi turned around surprised then made a face when she saw him. She turned back around to her notebook.

“You must be stalking me,” Danson said as he walked around the bench and sat down on the other end of the bench.

Sun Mi laughed, “What coincidence. I guess I really am stalking you.”

Danson couldn’t help but laugh too.

“How funny,” he said.

“Yes right? Fate must be bringing us together,” Sun Mi said not looking away from her notebook.

“It’s dark and you can still see?” asked Danson.

“My eyes glow in the dark believe it or not,” Sun Mi joked.

“Interesting. When do you plan on hunting for your prey tonight?” Danson joked back.

Sun Mi looked up from her notebook and looked at Danson with lazy eyes.

“Had enough yet?” asked Sun Mi as she got up and started walking away.

Danson shook his head and turned back just to notice that she’d left behind her pen.

“Hey wait!” Danson called as he turned, but found that Sun Mi had already gone.

Sun Mi stopped in the alleyway where she always took her short cut. This time she felt the hair on her neck stand on end. Feeling creeped out she rushed toward her apartment.

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

Sun Mi shut the door behind her and took a breath of relief.

“Don’t panic,” she repeated to herself over and over.

Sun Mi dropped her notebook and her jacket onto the couch and started toward the kitchen which was situated right next to her door. As she opened a bag of noodles the door she had forgotten to lock slowly opened. Hearing footsteps Sun Mi turned to stare at the strange man standing by her door. He had a crooked smile on his face. Sun Mi screamed and tried to run away maybe into her room where she could lock the door. Before she had made it far he grabbed her shoulder and knocked her to the ground.

“A pretty girl living all alone,” he said with a smile.

Sun Mi stared up at him fully terrified.

“Please…please don’t do anything,” Sun Mi said her voice shaking.

“But it’d be such a pity just leaving,” he told, “lets have some fun first. Your skin is so soft.”

Sun Mi felt hot tears fall down her face as his lips traveled up her neck onto her face. She tried with her best efforts to push him off, but it only ended up with her shirt tearing.

-_-

[The Alleyway]

Danson looked around at the brick walls and reached out to feel them.

“I wonder how the girl has the guts to walk through here,” he wondered. “I’m sure she went this way.”

Danson went further ahead and noticed a long building with doors aligned. Danson walked passed the many doors and looked around wondering if he was really going the right way. He stopped as he heard a loud cry and turned around to look behind him.

“This place is creepy,” he mumbled.

Shrugging he went ahead and stopped when he noticed an opened door. Though it wasn’t opened much he was sure he could hear someone crying for help. Danson made his way slowly up the stairs and pushed the door open. His eyes widened in shock as he saw what was going on. He dropped the pen from his hand and rushed forward to pull the stranger up. Danson sent a punch across his face and in return Danson felt a powerful punch slide across his face. As Danson fell back onto the ground the stranger took it as his chance of escape.

“Bastard!” Danson swore and got up to go after the man, but stopped when he heard crying.

He turned to see Sun Mi gathering herself and hugging herself. Danson first rushed toward the door to lock it and hurried back to Sun Mi.

“Are you ok?” he asked trying to reach forward to comfort her, but Sun Mi kept sobbing and pushed him away at every one of his attempts.

“Go away! Just go away!” Sun Mi cried holding up her ripped shirt.

Sun Mi was crying so hard that it was impossible for her to say anything.