Desire 20

All I Want...

-_-

[Chun’s Boat]

After a while of facing the strong wind Chun’s boat finally appeared near them and they were finally able to go on board the big boat again. As Ella questioned Aaron about what happened Selina had run inside the boat searching frantically through any closets for anything to dry Aaron up. After finding a large beach towel Selina raced up onto deck. She dried Aaron’s hair quickly and wrapped the towel around him.

“You’re so caring!” Ella said loudly.

Selina feeling out of breath sat down, “We better go back. Aaron better change and get out of his drenched clothes before he catches a cold.”

“Lets go back Chun!” Ella shouted.

-_-

[Chun’s Resort]

The door finally opened and Selina who was pacing back and forth quickly turned.

“Just a t-shirt? Are you feeling cold?” Selina asked.

“I feel ok,” Aaron lied as he was starting to have a headache. “You must be cold with that thin shirt. You should wear a sweater.”

“Are you two done? We’re going to cook the fishes Chun caught,” Ella told interrupting them.

“Oh yea,” Selina said then turned back to Aaron, “come on.”

Aaron sat on the bench feeling the cold breeze run against his skin. In a moment he was starting to have goosebumps all over. He watched Selina from behind and listened to Ella crack up jokes. After 15 moments when Chun began turning over the fishes on the grill Aaron began to feel unwell.

“Do you mind if I go inside for a while?” Aaron asked out of the blue.

Ella raised her eyebrow, “You not feeling well?”

“The fish is almost done,” Chun told.

“Call me back out after they’re finished,” Aaron told and went inside.

Selina watched him go in feeling guilty as it was her fault that he had fallen in the water. Minutes later when Chun began to set the table Selina excused herself to go inside. Selina looked around every room, but found no Aaron. Deciding to check out the bedroom Selina opened the door to find Aaron laying on the bed.

“Aaron?” Selina questioned. “The fishes are ready. Do you want to eat?”

When she received no answer Selina walked over to find Aaron already asleep.

“Just like a little kid,” she thought to herself then another thought struck her.

Selina reached her hand forward and felt his forehead. It was burning up. Selina exited the room and found Ella coming inside.

“Do you have any medication or anything?” Selina questioned.

“Why?” Ella asked.

“Aaron’s burning up,” Selina told.

Ella’s expression suddenly became serious, “I don’t think Chun stores any around here. Let me go ask him.”

Selina reached her hand out and grabbed Ella’s arm, “Wait never mind. I need some medication fast. Is there any drug store nearby?”

Selina found herself rushing out of the house a few minutes later. After purchasing some medicine Selina rushed back into the house. Returning to Aaron she found he was starting to burn up more. Selina quickly opened the bottle of medicine and poured it into the small cup it came with. She set it on the bedside table and crept into bed trying to lift up Aaron into a sitting position. As she got him to lean against her she tilted his head back a little and poured the medicine into his mouth. She laid him back down and tucked him inside the blanket securely. Selina shut the bedroom door with her sore arms and took a shower. Before going to bed she felt Aaron’s forehead once more and laid down. She felt that she wasn’t very concerned it was only because she felt bad for getting him sick. Selina glanced at Aaron’s face. Selina pressed her lips and leaned Aaron’s head against her shoulder to keep him warm.

Aaron awoke the next morning and yawned as he began to get up. He stopped as he noticed Selina laying close by. Then he noticed that he must have been sleeping close to her all night. A soft smile crept onto his face as he wished he could have stayed like that for a longer time, but his stomach was growling. Pulling the covers over Selina he walked out to find Ella and Chun in the kitchen.

“Are you feeling better?” Ella asked brightly as usual.

“If you’re not feeling well I can make some porridge for you,” Chun offered.

“My headache is already gone. I feel a lot better,” Aaron told as he took a seat.

“Where’s Selina?” Ella questioned.

“She’s still sleeping,” Aaron replied.

“He’s a lucky man isn’t he Chunnie?” Ella questioned.

“Hmm? Oh yea,” Chun replied.

“If I were you I’d be touched by Selina’s sudden action,” Ella told.

Aaron looked at Ella blankly.

“You suddenly started to burn up yesterday. Selina panicked and she even went out in the middle of the night to get some medicine for you. After that she didn’t even eat with us and just went to sleep,” Ella told as she placed her chin in her hand.

After a small breakfast to stop his stomach from growling Ella, Chun, and their baby left the house. As Aaron sat around he thought of ideas of what to do for Selina. He wanted to do something to make her happy at the same time to thank her. He loved her smiles as every time he saw them he felt happier himself. A thought that their marriage was becoming successful always popped into his mind.

About an hour when he heard the bedroom door open Aaron rushed out of the kitchen to find Selina coming out.

“Stop!” Aaron demanded.

Selina stopped in her tracks and looked at Aaron wondering what could be possibly wrong with him.

“What?” Selina questioned.

Aaron walked toward her and turned her around pushing her into the bedroom.

“Wait! What are you doing?” Selina questioned.

“Just stay in here for…five more minutes ok?” Aaron said.

Selina frowned, “Why? Did you break something?”

“No, no! Just give me five minutes then I’ll let you out,” Aaron told.

“Ok…” Selina said unsurely.

As Aaron left closing to the door behind him Selina quickly dashed for the door. Aaron turned around with a fright at the opening door and grabbed the doorknob to prevent Selina from opening it. Aaron could feel the doorknob twisting in his hand.

“What are you doing? What kind of bizarre idea got into your head?” Selina questioned from the other side.

“Five minutes ok? Please?” Aaron asked.

Feeling angry that Selina could not get out to get something to eat she gave up.

“Alright, but you better hurry up,” Selina warned.

“Ok,” Aaron found himself answering with a satisfied smile.

Selina sat around, stared at the ceiling, and paced back and forth as she waited for what seemed like more than five minutes. The door suddenly opened and Aaron appeared.

“All ready,” he told.

Selina slightly pushed him aside and walked out. She came to a short stop in front of the kitchen table.

“What’s all this?” Selina asked then looked around. “Where’s Chun and Ella?”

“They went out,” Aaron replied. “It’s breakfast.”

Selina stared at the food blankly.

Aaron smiled deciding he better explain himself, “Well…I just wanted to thank you. Ella told me you went out to get medicine for me and you didn’t eat with them. You must be hungry right?”

Selina stared at Aaron then turned to the food feeling awkward, “Oh…it’s edible right? Since when did you learn how to cook?”

Aaron began to crack up, “I went out to buy them. I didn’t make them so they should taste fine.”

Selina took a seat and eagerly grabbed her chopsticks. Aaron sat next to her by the end of the table and grabbed his chopsticks.

“Anyway thanks,” Selina thanked, “are you feeling better?”

Aaron nodded his head, “A lot better.”

“I was thinking you had Chun make these,” Selina confessed.

Aaron started to laugh again, “Well maybe I could have then I wouldn’t have wasted money.”

Selina laughed then said, “I wonder how they made these?”

“You…” Aaron began, but stopped.

“What?” Selina asked. “Why’d you stop?”

Aaron stared at the table as if figuring things out in his head then looked back up.

“When we’re more comfortable with each other would you…tell me more about yourself?” asked Aaron.

Selina stared back at him as she dug into her thoughts only to find she couldn’t think. She felt herself go deeper into his eyes. Before realizing it Aaron felt himself lean forward, but before he could fully kiss Selina the front door opened and Ella’s loud voice interrupted them. Both Aaron and Selina turned to see Ella standing at the door of the kitchen holding onto Jane.