Desire 26

All I Want...

“Did you eat yet?” asked Hebe. “I’ll make something for you.”

Aaron followed Hebe into the kitchen speechless.

“Wow! It looks like someone is living with you,” Hebe said then paused as she realized what she said was her fear. “I was just joking.”

“I think you should go back,” Aaron told.

“Why?” Hebe asked in a disappointed and suspicious tone.

“Well…uh…because I don’t like anyone being here,” Aaron lied.

Hebe smiled, “You always love my presence don’t you?”

Aaron sighed and sat down at the kitchen table as Hebe talked on.

-_-

[Ren Enterprise]

Selina could feel herself falling asleep as her father droned on about oncoming events.

“And Selina’s new project will be a big hit for us,” Mr. Ren said. “Selina? Selina?”

Selina suddenly awoke and sat up, “Yes?”

“How’s your project going?” Mr. Ren asked.  

“Oh…great,” Selina lied.

Mr. Ren smiled and returned to talking about promotions and so on.

“But dad! I can’t take this project! I’ve had it for weeks and I’ve no idea what to do!” Selina shouted.

After the meeting room had been cleared out Selina decided she should talk to her father about the project.

“You haven’t even tried! You haven’t even thought hard about this. You have it, I know you have the inspiration for this project. You just aren’t taking it seriously,” her father retorted.

“Inspiration? You expect me to have inspiration? Dad!” Selina shouted. “I have nothing special in my life that I value! You’ve already thrown all of them away!”

“Selina!” her father bellowed. “Don’t you dare argue with me about this. You are my daughter. I’m telling you to complete this assignment period!”

Mr. Ren glared at Selina and turned around to walk out. Selina stood there helplessly angry. She didn’t even want to think about it. She didn’t want to even get the project started. It just drew up her angry feelings of Jiro leaving and her having to marry Aaron.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Aaron stared at the food in front of him. Hebe was expecting him to enjoy the food wholeheartedly. Without arguing Aaron grabbed his chopsticks and started to dig in.

“Is it good?” Hebe asked. “Not too salty right?”

“It’s good,” Aaron replied.

“Thank goodness!” Hebe said relieved then started to eat herself.

The food did taste good to Aaron, but it wasn’t the same. He wanted Selina’s flavorings. He wanted her food, her style. He guessed his father was right. He would rather prefer his wife’s cooking instead of some other woman.

-_-

[Ren Enterprise]

Selina sat on a bench by the elevators. She hadn’t felt calmed down yet. There were a lot of other stuff on her mind. She wanted to talk to someone. As Danson turned around the corner Selina got up from her seat.

“Hey kid!” Selina shouted hurrying toward him.

Danson stopped and turned.

“What’s with the hey kid?” Danson asked when Selina finally caught up.

“For telling my young husband the crap you told him the other day,” Selina replied with a smile, “wanna go out for a drink?”

-_-

[A Bar]

“That stupid project,” Selina went on, “it has nothing to do with me. Why don’t I just make a black box and write hatred on the top. I think that’ll make our company a big hit.”

Danson laughed, “You’re so sarcastic right now.”

Selina chuckled, “Yea right?”

As Selina gurgled one cup after another she became more silent. She had never drunk this much before in her life. She had never felt so troubled before either.

“Why do I even care?” Selina asked herself aloud. “What do you mean to me?”

“Who are you talking about?” Danson asked half drunk.

Why did she worry so much when Aaron had found out about Jiro? Because she didn’t want him to be hurt? When Aaron disappeared and did not return home why had she felt so darn afraid? A crazy smile appeared on her face as she remembered hugging him after he had found her in that small town by Chun’s resort. He had  taken such good care of her there. Selina shook her head.

“I’m crazy,” Selina told herself.

“Are you talking about the young husband?” Danson asked.

“Huh?!” Selina asked half sliding off her stool.

“You’re falling for him aren’t you?” Danson asked.

Selina slammed the table with her hand, “I never said anything!”

Selina put her hand to her lips and smiled as she made a hushing sound.

“Bye bye!” Selina yelled waving her purse in the air as she walked out.

Danson jumped off his stool and followed her, “You’re drunk. I’ll take you home.”

“I’m not drunk,” Selina told as she dug around in her purse for her keys. “Where is it! Where are my keys?”

Danson reached into her jacket pocket and held her keys in front of her.

“Lets just go to my place,” Danson suggested. “You can borrow the guest room for the night.”

“Get your hands off me,” Selina said as she pushed his hand off her arm. “Bye bye.”

“I don’t want you to go back to Aaron,” Danson said.

Selina turned around and laughed, “You’re drunk. You better go home kid!”

Danson watched as Selina crazily drove into the streets.