Desire 48

All I Want...

-_-

[Danson’s Apartment]

The door shut behind them and Jiro reluctantly let go of Selina’s hand. The lights hadn’t been yet, but it wasn’t that dark in Danson’s messy living room. Jiro turned his face away from her to look at the ground as if he were in a daze. He slowly turned to look at her and on his face were the expressions of anger, frustration, and disappointment.

“I waited for you all night outside of your house yesterday,” Jiro said his voice soft and quiet, “you never came.”

Selina looked at him and surprisingly she didn’t feel anything at all.

“Were you with him last night?” asked Jiro.

Selina reached out for Jiro’s hand and as she slipped something onto his palm Selina let go of his hand. Jiro looked down to find that the ring he’d bought her a few days ago sat on his hand.

“I was hurt real bad when you left without a word then I found out about the arranged marriage. I was against it during that time and every minute I wished you’d come back soon, but you didn’t come in time,” Selina told recalling those miserable feelings she’d felt. “I waited, I prayed, and I wanted to cry so I thought if I held on a little more maybe you’d be back by then…but things went off track. I’m sorry…before your return my heart already changed.”

Jiro looked down at Selina feeling hatred and anger, but he only wanted to direct those feelings toward Aaron. Hot angry tears started at the corner of his eyes, but he refused to let them fall.

“It took me effort to come back. I was also very pained when I left,” Jiro told, “I did it for you. If I didn’t go and come back a different person us being together would be impossible. So now that it’s possible don’t push me away.”

Selina stared up at Jiro surprised that he wasn’t backing off. She recalled that the old gentle Jiro would would have let her go if he realized she was in love with someone else. Jiro grabbed Selina’s hand and placed the ring onto her palm.

“I don’t care what happened between the two of you two last night…I hope you’d forget whatever happened,” Jiro said coldly, “I’m going to marry you, you’re going to be my wife, and we’ll live the future together. I’m never going to let the two of you be together.”

Selina felt Jiro walk pass her and heard the door open. Selina whipped herself around to see Jiro stand in front of Aaron then he walked pass Aaron giving him a slight shove. Feeling an urge to knock some sense into Jiro Selina hurried after him. She ran pass Aaron who stared after her curiously.

“Where are they going?” Danson asked.

Aaron quickly followed Selina out.

“Wait Aaron…” Sun Mi began, but stopped and watched him leave.

Sun Mi began to follow, but Danson pulled her back by the arm.

“Where are you going?” asked Danson.

Sun Mi turned around wondering why Danson was trying to stop her.

“Following Aaron,” Sun Mi replied.

“Why?” Danson wanted to know.

“What if he’s hurt,” Sun Mi said.

“How can he be hurt?” asked Danson.

Sun Mi frowned at Danson becoming annoyed, “What is your problem? Don’t you feel guilty?”

“How am I supposed to feel guilty?” asked Danson.

“Just shut up,” Sun Mi told and pushed Danson’s hand off her and hurried after Aaron.

-_-

[Apartment’s Parking Lot]

Selina hurried down the steps to find Jiro not too far away.

“Jiro!” Selina shouted.

Jiro took a few more steps then came to an abrupt stop. Selina watched him for a while more making sure that he wouldn’t start walking away.

“Are you crazy?” Selina asked. “You’re being too possessive right now!”

Jiro turned around and stopped as he looked past Selina. Selina turned slightly to see Aaron standing not too far from her and behind him Sun Mi and Danson appeared. Jiro averted his eyes back to Selina slowly.

“Because you’re my possession,” Jiro told. “I’ll discuss the wedding with you the next time we meet.”

Selina began to take a step forward to talk more with him, but paused as her conscience reminded her that Aaron was there too. Selina watched Jiro get into his car then turned to look at Aaron. She wondered how Aaron would be feeling because his face didn’t seem to be telling her his feelings.

Aaron turned back to Selina when he felt her warm hand grab his.

“A penny for your thoughts?” asked Selina.

“What did he say to you?” asked Aaron.

“I’m not turning my back on you if you’re thinking that,” Selina said reaching up to hit him playfully on the head. “You have to trust me ok?”

Aaron looked at Selina and pulled her into his arms holding onto her tightly. For a moment he really feared Selina would fall out of his grasp again.

Sun Mi smiled as she watched Aaron hug onto Selina. She believed they should have been like that from the start. Danson watched Aaron and Selina without feeling. He didn’t want to know how to love and he didn’t want to have that feeling again, but as he glanced at Sun Mi’s smile he felt something different. The only word that popped up in his mind was beautiful then his heart began racing again.

-_-

[Jiro’s Office]

He slammed the door and walked over to his desk sitting down on his comfortable black leather chair. He let himself sink into his thoughts for a minute then sat forward and pressed a button on his phone. Immediately his secretary answered.

“Pull back the shareholders that belong to Ren Enterprise,” Jiro ordered.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

After the incident at Sun Mi’s apartment Selina had brought Aaron shopping with her. Selina bought a lot of food, cookies, milk, and a bunch of other food as to stock up Aaron’s refrigerator.

“This house is really inconvenient without me,” Selina stated as she set down a plate of cooked celery mixed with some beef onto the table.

“Yes,” Aaron replied as he picked up his chopsticks, “it’s nice having you back.”

Selina sat down on the opposite side across from him.

“The food must taste a lot better today,” Selina told.

“Yes it should,” Aaron replied taking food out of the plate.

“Maybe I shouldn’t go home tonight,” Selina said out of the blue almost making Aaron cough.

“Really?” Aaron asked astonished.

Selina shrugged, “Well if you don’t want me to…”

“No! No!” Aaron shouted almost leaning his whole body across the whole table to hold onto Selina’s hand. “I didn’t mean it that way…you can stay if you’d like.”

Selina couldn’t help, but chuckle, “You moron I knew what you meant. Besides I didn’t take everything with me.”

Aaron gasped playfully, “So you knew you’d be coming back!”

Selina rolled her eyes, “Are you going to eat or not?”

“I will, I will, I will,” Aaron said repeatedly as he again diverted his attention to food.

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

Sun Mi stared out of her window blankly. Since the school term was already over she had two options. Either to continue staying and studying or return back to Korea where her family was awaiting her. She figured she’d live in Korea her whole life and wouldn’t be missing it much, but as she thought about her family more and more she was beginning to become home sick. Anyway she didn’t want to leave Taiwan yet and she wasn’t quite sure about why she still wanted to stay. Did she still want to spend more time with her friends? Or what was it?  

A knock on the door woke her up from her thoughts. Sun Mi got up slowy from the couch as she was reluctant to get back on her feet.

“Lets have dinner,” Danson said after she opened the door.

-_-

[A Simple Restaurant]

Sun Mi and Danson sat across from each other. They ate in silence most of the time. Danson happy that he was able to get her to eat with him, yet he was thinking up of ways to lighten up the mood of the atmosphere. Sun Mi however was occupied with her self debate of staying or returning back home. After a few minutes Sun Mi set down her fork.

Without looking up she said, “I’m going back to Korea.”

Without realizing it she had already ruined the rest of the night for Danson.