Desire 1

All I Want...

[Taipei University]

The hallways were full of laughter and chattering as the usual college students scurried around. Aaron scrambled up the steps to his university almost half an hour late to his and Hebe’s promised time to meet.

As he rounded the corner he heard, “Is Selina not here yet?”

Not bothering about anyone else’s business he rounded the corner to find Hebe leaning against the wall waiting for him patiently.

“What’s with I’ll be on time tomorrow?” questioned Hebe looking up from her watch.

Aaron’s mouth opened then he paused wondering if he should tell her the reason.

“If you’re going to do this again I won’t meet up with you again,” Hebe threatened.

“I didn’t mean to do it! I really didn’t! My dad forgot some of his papers at home last night so I was up all night looking through a bunch of folders for him. I’m sorry, I know you don’t like business matters,” Aaron reasoned without taking a breath of air.

Hebe smiled and leaned forward grabbing onto his arm, “I was just joking. It’s a routine waiting for you everyday…but you should really stop bothering with your dad’s business. After all you’re just a university student.”

Aaron laughed and scratched his head as he started to walk her to class, “Well I am his heir.”

-_-

[Taipei Airport]

Selina jumped out of her car and rushed into the airport with her favorite tennis shoes on. Last night Jiro had given her a romantic dinner, he sung her a song, and cooked her favorite food for her yet, he had not said anything about leaving. Selina hated him for that. It was only in the morning when her father had mentioned it.

“Jiro will be going to study in the states. From now on don’t look for him anymore,” her father had told her in the morning during breakfast.

“Don’t leave yet…wait for me,” Selina pleaded over and over in her head as she ran throughout the airport searching the flight schedules.

Selina pushed her way through a massive crowd of tourists and finally stopped in front of gates. She looked at every face, at every man, but there was no Jiro. Her heart pounded heavily and she was starting to feel weak.

“Flight 281 to New York will be departing in 5 minutes. All passengers please hurry to gate 51,” Selina heard over the announcements.

“No…don’t go…” Selina ran forward toward the gates, but the guards held her back.  

“Ma’am you can’t go through without a passport,” they said.

“My boyfriend’s on the flight! Please get him off!” Selina shouted.

“I’m sorry, but we can’t let you through. Can you please step back?” the guard questioned.

Selina bit her lip and stepped away from the guards. She didn’t care at how many stares she got all she wanted was to get Jiro back. She couldn’t let him leave her like this…how could he be so mean? So cold? What an idiot he was! Selina stared out through the window to the airplanes.

“I will wait for you to come back…I will,” Selina promised.

-_-

[Taipei University]

Throughout class Danson found that he could not concentrate on anything. When class was finally over he pushed his way through not noticing that he had run into Aaron and Hebe. As he raced for the stairs Selina was just making her way up.

“Selina!” Danson shouted running toward her.

Selina looked up at him with red eyes, “He’s gone Danson. Jiro’s gone for good.”

“What do you mean? Was there an accident?” Danson asked worriedly.

Selina shook her head, “My parents sent him to the states. How could he leave? It’s not fair!”

Danson quickly looked around and found that no one was paying any attention to them. He turned back to Selina lightly hugging her as she cried against him.

“Lets go out for lunch!” Hebe suggested while clinging onto Aaron’s arm.

“Yea…ok,” Aaron agreed.

He couldn’t help but glance over at the two people hugging by the stair case.

“I wonder what happened,” Aaron wondered.

“Maybe she got dumped,” Hebe suggested. “But oh well there are plenty of guys out there anyway.”

As they headed down the stairs Aaron glanced around once more to look at them.

-_-

[Ren Enterprise – Mr. Ren’s office]

Through the large window behind his desk was the beautiful view of all of Taipei. The busy streets, the restaurants below, the buildings next door, and the advertisements high up in the air.

“I’ve received a call from Chairman Yan,” Mr. Ren told.

Mrs. Ren who was sitting on the couch in the room sipping a cup of coffee nodded her head.

“Should you break it to Selina or should I do it?” Mrs. Ren questioned.

“That rascal is so stubborn maybe this way we can get her tamed,” Mr. Ren said, “she thinks that being the manager of a small quarter of our business means she’s already obedient and free enough to do whatever she wants.”

Mrs. Ren pressed her lips together recalling the terrible crash a few years back. They had almost lost both Selina and Kate.

“I’ll tell her about it,” Mrs. Ren offered, “she might listen more if you weren’t always using such harsh words.”