Desire 38

All I Want...

-_-

[In front of Chun and Ella’s House]

Selina had spent her past few weeks thoughtlessly. Her parents had asked her to marry Jiro. Jiro had asked her to marry him more than just a few times. In the very end she had given in without thinking much. Maybe the pressure had gotten to her?

Selina stared at the house she used to spend her days in. She wondered how Aaron was getting along. Was he have his three meals a day? He wasn’t just lying around was he? What would he be doing now? Had he visited his father and his grandpa? Had he gotten back with Hebe?

Selina reached into the back seat to grab the grocery bag and got out of her car. She had promised Ella earlier she would buy some tea for her. As Selina rung the doorbell Ella greeted her warmly and invited her in.

“I’m so glad you got them!” Ella exclaimed. “Chun keeps getting fatter…do you think he’s unhealthy?”

“I heard that,” Chun said from in front of the TV. “It’s not that I’m unhealthy you just keep feeding me more and more oil.”

“Ignore him,” Ella said quickly turning to Selina and pulled her into the kitchen. “So…have you and Aaron talked lately?”

“I’m sure he’s had a lot of things to do recently…and I’ve been busy too,” Selina replied.

“So?” Ella said. “It doesn’t matter…I just get angry thinking about it.”

Selina frowned and smiled, “What are you thinking about?”

“Why would you two recklessly get married in the first place if you’re just going to end it like this?” asked Ella. “It’s not right.”

“No one’s to blame…anyways it’s all over now,” Selina said taking a breath as she tried to make herself feel better, but it didn’t help.

Why had they recklessly gotten married? For their parents whom they loved. For the thoughtless companies. It wasn’t for themselves. Neither of them had expected anything from another anyway.

“Lets have dinner together,” Ella suggested. “I’m about finished cooking.”

After eating dinner with Ella and Chun Selina played with baby Jane for a while.

“Bye bye! Be sure to visit again,” Ella called from the doorway.

Selina waved back and turned around to start toward her car, but came to a stop as she noticed Aaron standing in his driveway. They stared at each other silently then Aaron smiled.

“I was wondering whose car that was,” Aaron said.

From behind her Selina could hear Ella’s silent cheering thoughts for her.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Aaron and Selina sat at the kitchen table in silence. She felt happy yet she was uncomfortable and didn’t know what to say. It had been weeks how were they supposed to act? Familiar as if they were really close? Or maybe just let the awkward silence hang in the air as if they didn’t really know each other anymore. Like two people who haven’t met for 5 long years. They had a lot of things to catch up on.

Selina looked around and spoke, “You’ve kept the house really neat.”

“Yea,” Aaron replied. “Do you want something to drink?”

“Ok,” Selina answered.

Aaron got up then paused and smiled as he turned to look at Selina, “I forgot…I don’t have anything to drink…”

“What about water?” Selina asked.

“I drink tap water,” Aaron told.

Selina turned to look at the sink, “You shouldn’t be drinking tap water. It’s not good for you.”

“I’ll go and buy something for you. There’s a store nearby,” Aaron told.

Before Selina could stop him he had already headed toward the door. Selina quickly followed him leaving behind her phone and her purse.

-_-

[In the middle of the road]

“Wait! Aaron!” Selina called.

Aaron stopped in the middle of the road turning back to look at Selina not paying attention to the roaring car heading toward him. Selina glanced quickly toward the car feeling her heart beat faster and faster.

“Aaron!” she shouted and rushed toward him pushing him toward the end of the road.

Selina landed on her knees beside Aaron who was laying down dazed. After collecting himself Aaron sat up.

“Stupid driver! Don’t you have eyes?!” Selina screamed after the car then turned to Aaron grabbing his hands to check if he was hurt then searched him for injuries.

Aaron watched her feeling as if he was falling for her all over again. He quickly pulled her into a tight hug as if he hadn’t seen her for years and leaned his chin over her shoulder.

Selina felt herself being into his great warmth. Her heart beat faster and she felt the happiness she hadn’t felt for weeks begin to grow in her.  

-_-

[A Club]

Danson and Jiro sat at the corner in the back of the room where they were disclosed from the rest of the people for privacy. They were glad to see each other after such a long time. After joking around and catching up on the past few months Jiro had decided to call Selina to join them, but she wasn’t answering her phone.

“I wonder where she is,” Jiro said. “She always picks up no matter what.”

“You’re worrying too much,” Danson assured. “She has a life too. I’m sure she’s just with some friends or something.”

“Maybe,” Jiro hoped. “Something about her seems different though and it’s been bugging me.”

“Really? Like what?” asked Danson.

“For instance she seems really dazed out sometimes,” Jiro told. “She never answers my questions directly. She gives me answers that lead to many other possibilities.”

Danson had already noticed her changed personality a while ago. Maybe it was too late to try to change her. For sure he knew that the reason was Aaron, but he couldn’t tell Jiro that. Jiro would to insanely mad.

“Maybe she needs more time to adjust,” Danson told hoping it’d comfort Jiro, “you’ve rushed her to agree to marrying you so you won’t have to worry about losing her. For now just give her time.”

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Selina had agreed she would taste Aaron’s cooking before she left. He was happy she would be the first to taste his food. As Aaron hurried to counter to prepare the ingredients Selina went over to her purse and found that she had a few missed calls. She started to feel uneasy and guilty toward Jiro, but decided to let it go. Besides it would only be a short while that she’d be with Aaron so it wouldn’t be a problem.

-_-

[Ren Household]

Selina had stayed longer than she had planned at Aaron’s. Though they spend most of the time in silence they also had a few interesting conversations. The only thing Selina had kept out was her and Jiro’s oncoming marriage.

Selina got out of her car not noticing that there was another car parked by her house. As she got out Jiro also got out of his car.

“You’re home late,” Jiro commented.

Selina turned, “What are you doing here?”

“I called you…why didn’t you pick up?” Jiro asked.

Selina walked toward Jiro and smiled, “I was with a friend.”

“Who?” Jiro questioned.

“You don’t know her,” Selina told generally trying to get the topic off his mind.

“What’s her name?” Jiro pushed on.

Selina pressed her lips together, “Ella.”

A calm expression finally seemed to take over his face and Selina let out a quiet sigh.