Desire 28

All I Want...

-_-

[Taipei Streets]

Sun Mi was walking her way back to her apartment as usual. The sun was hiding behind the dark clouds and looked as if it was about to rain. Sun Mi was humming to herself when she felt something hit her head. She stopped quickly and turned around to find no one. She turned around and started to head back to her apartment quickly when she felt something else hit her head. Sun Mi stopped and finally turned around after some thirty seconds. She didn’t find anyone. Feeling afraid and remembering bad memories she turned around to run, but bumped into someone and gave out a loud scream.

“What?” a voice asked.

Sun Mi shut up and looked at Danson.

“Jerk!” she shouted and pushed him with all her might.

Danson only took a few steps back and felt Sun Mi walk pass him.

“Hey!” Danson said going after her.

As he stopped before her he felt shocked to see her on the verge of tears.

“Were you really that scared?” asked Danson.

Sun Mi wiped her tears, “You wouldn’t know anything.”

Danson laughed and playfully hit her on the shoulder, “I was just playing.”

“Bastard,” Sun Mi mumbled.

“What?” Danson asked feeling shocked.

“You heard me!” Sun Mi said loudly as she turned to face him.

Danson was left speechless as Sun Mi walked pass him again.

“I don’t just let anyone say that to me!” Danson said as he caught up to her.

“Well I did you jerk! Jerk! Jerk!” Sun Mi screamed as she pounded him on the chest a few times and didn’t stop until Danson grabbed both of her wrists.  

“You’re going overboard!” Danson told.

Sun Mi looked up at him angrily and tried to shake him off her, “Let go! Let go!”

“It was just a little prank! You don’t need to take it so seriously!” Danson told.

Sun Mi pressed her lips and kicked Danson’s kneecap. He let out a shout and Sun Mi raced off.

“Loser!” she shouted.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

A few days had gone by and Hebe didn’t show up at their house. Aaron felt relieved thinking maybe she wouldn’t come back, but he was wrong at thinking that. After a day of having exams Aaron was in the kitchen helping Selina prepare dinner. They were having a nice fun chat until the door bell rang.

“You finish cutting those I’ll go get the door,” Selina said and walked out of the kitchen.

As the door opened Selina stared at the young woman standing in front of her. Hebe stared back at Selina feeling all sorts of emotions gather within her. Hebe bit her lip and turned her head away.

“Where’s Aaron?” she asked in an unhappy tone.

Selina looked at the young girl blankly, “Would you like to come in?”

Hebe shoved her way in slightly pushing Selina. Selina frowned at the strange girl and closed the door. Hebe walked into the house and stopped when she saw Aaron in the kitchen cutting up some vegetables. Anger then flared through her and painful tears began to erupt within her. Aaron suddenly stopped what he was doing and looked up at Hebe. His eyes grew wide and he dropped the knife onto the cutting board.

“Hebe,” he said.

“What are you doing? You don’t cook!” Hebe said walking in took the apron off him.

“Hebe…Hebe what are you doing?” asked Aaron as he tried to get Hebe to stop.

Hebe grabbed the apron and tossed it to the ground. She panted heavily as if she was just finished running and looked up at the surprised Selina staring at her from the doorway. As hot tears rushed down her cheeks she turned her face away from Selina.

“We need to talk,” Hebe said and walked pass Aaron.

Aaron pressed his lips together suddenly not feeling well. He knew this was coming, but he didn’t expect it so soon.

“Sorry,” Aaron apologized as he walked pass Selina.

Selina stood there silently. What was she supposed to say? What was there for her to say?

Aaron closed the door behind him as he stepped outside to face Hebe. Hebe was silent during the next few minutes just wiping tears from her eyes.

“I’m stupid aren’t I?” asked Hebe. “No one’s father would give them a wedding ring.”

“Hebe…” Aaron tried.

“Who is she? What does she have to do with you?” Hebe asked angrily then suddenly felt scared. “Just tell me she’s your chauffeur…or your maid…or your cleaning lady or something please!”

“I’m sorry,” Aaron apologized as he tried to put a comforting hand on her shoulder, but Hebe shook it off.

“You played me! Why!” Hebe questioned her eyes already red.

“I didn’t play you. It was…it was difficult for me to break it to you. I tried but you denied it.” Aaron pointed out.

Hebe wiped her tears and took a breath, “Is she your girlfriend?”

Aaron was silent as he tried to figure out how to break it to her.

“The weekend after first semester ended we married,” Aaron began.

Hebe couldn’t help, but let out a loud cry. She quickly covered as a sob came out. Aaron felt sorry for having given her pain. Hebe was crying so hard for him yet he couldn’t be honest with her from the beginning.

“Truthfully I was supposed to marry her sister…but she passed away in a car accident a few years ago so I had to marry her older sister.” Aaron told. “That’s all there is to it Hebe. I don’t think we can carry on anymore.”

Hebe wiped her eyes with both her hands this time, “It’s because of business right? You don’t love her do you?”

Aaron kept silent.

“Aaron!” Hebe shouted. “You don’t have to put yourself through this! She looks too mature for you! You two don’t even match. Does the business world concern you so much you’d your future on the line? You still have me!”

“Hebe,” Aaron tried.

“So what? I don’t care if you’re married,” Hebe said almost quietly as if she were speaking to herself. “I’m still your girlfriend. I’ll come here everyday if I have to. I’ll do anything to push her out of your life. I won’t let her take control of your entire life.”

Aaron stared at Hebe not sure how to feel now. Was she becoming too crazy over him now?

“I’ll see you tomorrow at school. I’ll look for you even if you don’t want to see me,” Hebe went on. “I’ll be as persistent as you were in the beginning. I’m not letting you go Aaron Yan.”

Selina couldn’t help, but hear everything through the door. Her feelings were now becoming mixed. She sympathized with the young girl that was in love with Aaron. What a shock it was to find out her boyfriend was already married. She also felt sorry for Aaron for having to go through all this. She could agree with Hebe that it was unnecessary for Aaron to even marry her in the first place. It was true maybe she was too mature for him. Maybe she even looked a lot older than him. However Selina refused to feel sorry for herself. What should she do now? Find a way to divorce him? That idea seemed ridiculous, but it would also be a good escape for the two of them.

Hebe came the next day and the day after that. She either sat around and talked with Aaron, did her homework silently, or pushed her way into the kitchen to make dinner. Selina tried to not let it get to her, but felt angered and annoyed with her. However Hebe kept on visiting each day anyway. There was one day where Ella had bumped into Selina outside and questioned her about the other woman that always came to their house. Selina ended up lying that she was just a friend of Aaron’s.