Desire 44

All I Want...

-_-

[Selina’s Room]

Selina closed the door to her room and went to sit at her desk staring at the wall. Where was life leading her now? Everything seemed to be breaking apart…all over again. She and Aaron’s relationship already shattered and now what was going on between her and Jiro? What was it she was feeling toward him? Thinking about it now she hadn’t wanted to leave Aaron all alone back there…but because of Jiro she had to. Selina wanted to hit her head against the desk to knock some sense into her. However she thought of things…whatever she wanted…she couldn’t make up her mind. Her feelings were a mess as they were all mixed up.

Selina gave up and shut her cell phone. It was around 7 and she had tried calling Aaron, but he hadn’t answered. Assuming that he was still sleeping she headed downstairs to grab a bowl of cereal.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Aaron awoke with a throbbing headache. He moaned as he looked around the room to find that he was sleeping on the sofa. Rubbing his head he got off the sofa and headed into the kitchen. He grabbed a cup and the sink water, but paused and walked toward the refrigerator to grab out a water bottle. As he had gulped down the water bottle halfway his cell phone started ringing. Aaron looked around the room then grabbed the phone out of his pocket. Before answering the phone he glanced at the caller id.

-_-

[Ren Enterprise]

Selina walked back and forth behind her desk. Sighing for about the hundreth time Selina closed her cell phone. She’d tried calling Aaron about four times already since afternoon, but he wasn’t picking up her calls. Would he ignore her? Or was he still asleep? Was he having a really bad hangover? Selina began to wonder if it’d be right for her to go over and pay him a visit, but before she could even do so there was a knock on the door. Her secretary walked in and set a pile of binders on her desk before walking out. More papers to do.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Without really realizing it Aaron had been seated at the kitchen table the whole day with just a cup of water in front of him. Misery was all he felt. He turned as his phone rang again, but already knowing who it was he didn’t bother to pick up.

-_-

[Jiro’s Car]

Selina sighed again and closed her cell phone. After work Jiro had picked her up as usual. He seemed to have forgotten all about yesterday which made Selina a little better. They stopped in front of a jewelry store and got out.

-_-

[Jewelry Store]

Jiro led Selina over to the ring section and they glanced at all the variety they had.

“I heard that if the size of the girl’s ring finger is the same as the man’s pinky they they’re meant to be,” Jiro told.

“That doesn’t apply to me,” Selina found herself saying as she glanced at her finger.

The ring she and Aaron had worn together was taken off a long time ago. She sort of missed it now and felt incomplete without it.

“Let me see those,” Jiro told the person behind the counter.

Selina looked up to see Jiro staring at some couple rings. He took one out and held it to Selina.

“Do you like it?” asked Jiro.

The golden ring had a heart on it with diamonds on the top. It didn’t really appeal to her, but it was pretty.

“Here,” Jiro took her finger and slipped the ring on. “It’s fits perfectly.”

Selina hadn’t said anything. She didn’t know what to say. She wasn’t happy and she wasn’t at all that sad, but everything didn’t feel right…and she disliked that feeling.

A while later she was following Jiro out of the store and they stopped in front of the doors.

“I’ll buy better ones when we get married,” Jiro told, “this ring now…just represents that you’ll stay together with me…you can’t go anywhere else and you can’t leave me.”

“You’re locking me up?” Selina asked looking up at him.

Jiro smiled back without answering.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

The door opened and closed and Hebe walked in silently. She looked around in the dark wondering where Aaron was. Turning on the living room light she could see a figure by the table in the kitchen. As she got closer she realized that Aaron was sleeping against the table on his arms. She the lights and immediately Aaron sat up alarmed. He turned around to see Hebe standing by the doorway then rubbed his eyes.

“What are you doing here?” he questioned.

Hebe walked in coolly and set a silver key on the table.

“This is the spare key you handed me,” Hebe told, “I’m returning it.”

Aaron kept quiet as he stared at the key.

“Did…you have a good talk with her?” Hebe asked.

Aaron’s eyes slowly moved from the key to Hebe’s face.

“Who?” Aaron asked.

Hebe suddenly stood up straighter wondering what had exactly happened to him after she left.

“The night at the bar…didn’t she come?” Hebe questioned.

“Who is this she you’re talking about?” Aaron asked straightening himself in his chair.

“I…I called Selina…didn’t she come?” Hebe asked.

“Selina?” Aaron repeated.

-_-

[The Bar]

The sun wasn’t up yet even though it was already 6. Curious and wanting an explantion to things Aaron and Hebe went back to the bar. Maybe someone there would know something.

It was stirring with people inside as usual and the smoke of cigarrettes filled up the air. Hebe followed Aaron in clutching onto her purse. They stopped before the counter and Aaron turned around to look at Hebe.

“You want me to go ask?” Hebe asked.

Aaron looked at her silently and Hebe walked forward without waiting for him to talk. There was a man who looked like he was in his late thirties with a full dark beard standing nearby.

“Excuse me,” Hebe said.

The man turned around and smiled, “Hi young lady. What can I do for you today?”

Hebe half looked back at Aaron to make sure he was watching her in case this stranger might do anything to her.

“You see that guy over there?” Hebe asked nodding her head toward Aaron. “He was here the other night…”

“Oh!” the man shouted loudly then turned around waving his hand to someone else. “Hey Jim! This girl wants to know about the guy who was drunk the other night!” The man turned back to Hebe. “He’ll let you in on what happened. It seemed pretty dramatic that night.”