Desire 51

All I Want...

-_-

[Night Market]

Danson and Sun Mi sat across each other at a wooden table with their bowls of beef noodles in front of them. Sun Mi gulped everything down like it was the most delicious thing on earth. When she was nearly finished she looked up to see that Danson was eating very slowly and that his noodles were already expanding.

“Your noodles…” Sun Mi began.

Danson set his chopsticks aside, “Since this is farewell I should eat a lot right?”

“I’m not leaving until next week…we can still see each other so it’s not a final goodbye yet,” Sun Mi pointed out as if it didn’t matter to her at all.

It was so easy to spot the big disappointment Danson was feeling and it made Sun Mi feel worse.

“I can’t bring myself to have an appetite right now,” Danson admitted.

“Then you don’t have to finish it,” Sun Mi spoke quickly. “Do you want to walk around for a bit?”

During the rest of the evening they strolled around looking at the stands silently. Sun Mi couldn’t bring herself to think of something to speak about and Danson couldn’t bring himself to talk to her.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

During those stressful days Selina felt herself go through the emotional slide. From happy to sad. Her father was trying so hard just for a company she thought of as stupid, her mother worried from day to night aiding her father missing her sleep, Mr. Yan was trying to find all ways applying for loans which didn’t seem to be working anymore because who would want to invest in a broken company? No money would be made out of it. Besides the company would be declared closed in three days time. And Aaron was trying his best not to show how frustrated things were. Selina was deeply thankful for all their efforts, but none of it would bring up the company. Everyone would be at a lost and she’d also lose her job. She couldn’t just stand there and watch everyone lose everything when she knew clearly of a way out. Still there was that voice of reason in her head. It was telling her no, but her body was already urging her forward. Jiro said he’d be able to bring the stockholders back. If he said something he’d keep his word.

It was nothing strange for Selina not to be able to sleep that night since the past few nights she hadn’t been able to sleep anyway. Too much worries and too much on her mind had kept her thinking through the night. She was already beginning to tire of those tides of emotions. Tears wanted to spring out, but how could she let them fall when Aaron was there? Besides right now she was beginning to think he’d be better off without her. Those useless thoughts wouldn’t stop bugging her. He’d been losing sleep too and that night was the only night he’d fallen asleep soundly. Selina gently sat up and stared at him.

Those few moments they’d had those past weeks Selina promised herself she wouldn’t forget them. She hated herself for thinking this. Why was the world so unfair?

When Aaron woke up Selina was no where to be found. Hurrying downstairs he found a splendid breakfast meal on the table, but still no Selina. Hoping that she’d just gone out and would be back Aaron sat down at the table and waited.

-_-

[Jiro’s Office]

Selina made her trip up the elevator and toward the receptionist. Immediately she was let in and there Jiro was waiting for her. Obviously he expected her answer.

“Bring the shareholders back. I’ll do whatever you want,” Selina told.

-_-

[A Park]

Selina sat on the bench hoping to let her mindless thoughts drift away. Her phone started ringing and it was her mother. About 68 of the stockholders had returned magically and more and more were coming back. Her mother sounded so happy and relieved especially when she explained how her father was miraculously enjoying himself again. Even other investors were joining in. Selina hung up the phone, but found that she couldn’t even smile at such news. So everyone got what they had before…

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

When Selina got back Aaron rushed out of the kitchen to greet her.

“Where were you?” asked Aaron.

Selina looked at him blankly glad to see that the bags under his eyes were gone.

“I was out,” she replied as she set her purse down.

“Lets go eat,” Aaron suggested.

“You didn’t eat?” Selina questioned looking at him.

“No,” Aaron smiled, “I was waiting for you to return so we can eat together.”

Selina felt all warm and happy inside at the same time as tears prickled in her eyes. They ate breakfast together and Selina poked at her food moodily. How would Aaron go on after she’d leave…again? So much pain that they’d have to carry again. Selina glanced up to see Aaron happily eating away. Noticing her Aaron looked up.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

Selina remained still, “I’m sorry…for what’ll happen now…and after…”

“Did something happen?” asked Aaron.

Selina quickly tilted her head up and rubbed her cheek as her tears spilled out. She hoped Aaron had not noticed. She took a loud breath as she glanced at his surprised look and luckily he hadn’t noticed anything.

“Something’s wrong with me today,” Selina lied. “I feel a little tired so I’ll be going back to sleep.”

“Yea you must be tired. It’s been a tiring weekend,” Aaron agreed.

Selina scooted her chair up and made her way up the stairs. She locked the door behind her and as she laid down on the bed she grabbed the blanket clutching onto it tightly sobbing away.

Selina made her way downstairs that evening after dinner. Aaron was sitting comfortably in front of the TV watching Batman.  

“Aaron,” Selina began.

Aaron turned around, “What’s up?”

Selina glanced at the ground then returned to look at him, “I’ll be going home tonight.”

“What? Why?” Aaron asked getting up from his spot.

“I just figured since my dad’s company is getting on track again I should go home and see if my mom needs anything,” Selina lied.

“The housekeeper’s there to take care of her,” Aaron pointed out.

“She won’t know my mom as well as I do…besides I have things I want to do at home,” Selina lied again.

Aaron observed her for a long time then gave in. He walked over her and put his arms around her waist.

“Come back tomorrow ok? Don’t go away for too long,” Aaron told placing a kiss on her forehead.

Selina felt all warm inside again, yet disappointment took over. Selina nodded and smiled at him before closing the door behind her.

“Goodbye,” she whispered quietly.