Desire 54

All I Want...

“Why are you out here alone?” Hebe questioned.

“Why did you leave him?” Jiro asked and when Hebe didn’t answer he rephrased the question. “Why’d you leave Aaron?”

“I used to hear from my mom that a guy should love a girl more than the girl loves him. Seems like I cared for him more,” Hebe told. “Are you and Selina happy with each other?”

“Seems like you don’t mind talking a lot,” Jiro commented.

Hebe smiled, “It’s just my nature. Actuallly before Selina appeared in Aaron’s life we were doing ok. Having fun I guess…but then there came the time he got married and he really cared for her. He’d forget me every time, but I fought my way in. Initially after their divorce I thought maybe he would be mine again, but he seemed like an empty shell.”

Jiro nodded to show he was understanding her words.

“Then a friend asked me if I was actually happy every time I was with him. I thought real hard and found out I was never actually happy.” Hebe told. “It’s hard loving a person who doesn’t love you in the same way. I felt guilty when I was with him.”

“Why? He’s yours, what’s else is there to care about, but that he’s yours?” asked Jiro.

Hebe took a breath before going on, “The point is I was happy, but he wasn’t. That single fact is something that wouldn’t leave my conscience. If you’re a good person you can at least understand that.”

Jiro grabbed his cup of water then taking a gulp of it he got up and began walking away.

“Bye!” Hebe called after him. “They must not be working out after all.”

-_-

[Thailand]

Aaron had just showered changed into new clothes and was just about to grab breakfast and head out, but a phone call stopped all of his plans. Unexpectedly it was Jiro.

“I have a request of you,” Jiro told, “in order to be with Selina you must be able to do this.”

-_-

[Ren Household]

Selina sat on her bed staring at the wall. She was really getting married to him today. Her life would be over for most part of it. There was a short knock on her door and her mother poked her head in.

“Selina they’ve called to say that Jiro’s on his way there. We should hurry up as well,” she told.

Selina waited a moment more then grabbed her purse and headed downstairs.

-_-

[The Chapel]

Selina had changed into her wedding gown and her stylist had finished with putting make up on her. She stared at the jewelry her mom had given her. How funny she was getting married again. She recalled she had wished for Jiro to come back when she was marrying Aaron, but now it was the other way around. Really ironic just like how she’d chased Jiro at the airport and missed him, she’d also missed Aaron at the airport. Strange how luck played with you in life.

This was the end of it for her. Jiro would be the last in her life whether she’d be happy or not it wouldn’t matter anymore. No one would care anymore. Aaron was already booted out and that was already enough unbearable pain. All that she could take.

Selina shook her head to get rid of those thoughts. She wasn’t supposed to think of Aaron. Not now…not anytime in the future.

The door opened, “Jiro’s stuck in traffic. They want you to go out first.”

Selina turned back then got up and met her father in the hall.

“You’re so beautiful today,” he told, “smile a little.”

Selina smiled weakly. Her father reached his hand out to wipe the tear that had dropped down her face.

“Don’t be sad today. I don’t know whatever it was that had gone on between you guys, but I’m sure you’ll have a happy ending,” her father told. “Lets go shall we?”

Selina interlocked her arm with her father’s and made their way down the aisle. All the guests turned with smiles and gasps. Mr. Ren walked Selina all the way up to the front and let go of her arm wishing her luck. She could see her mother in the front row smiling happily.

It felt weird to be standing up there alone without her groom. They waited for minutes and a moment more. Soon the guests were beginning to whisper about if there really was going to be a wedding or if Selina had been stood up. Within seconds they could all hear the loud rushed footsteps of someone running down the hallway. Selina turned to expect Jiro come, but instead Aaron came running. He stopped at the doors catching his breath smiling at her then slowly he walked his way down the aisle. It felt as if everything was going in slow motion.

Disbelief filled her. How could this happen? Was it real? Or was it that she’d been crying so much that she’d been on sleep and she was seeing things now? Tears filled her eyes as Aaron stopped in front of her. Everyone seemed surprised at the same time feeling shocked to the core. Where was Jiro?

“Aren’t you happy to see me?” Aaron asked.

“Are you real?” Selina asked dumbfounded.

Aaron couldn’t help but smile.

“How?” Selina questioned.

------Flashback-----

“I have a request of you,” Jiro told, “in order to be with Selina you must be able to do this.”

Aaron waited for him to go on.

“Please tell her I’m sorry,” Jiro first said then continued, “if you make it to chapel tomorrow by 3 I promise you can be with her forever.”

-----End Of Flashback-----


Selina finally managed a full smile with tears dripping down her eyes. She jumped forward and hugged Aaron tightly. After releasing each other the priest went on with his sermon and they were officially married once more after a kiss.

-_-

[South Korea Airport]

Sun Mi had gone back to Korea the day before Aaron and Selina’s wedding. That night Danson had decided to follow.

Sun Mi came rushing through the doors of the airport in her thick jacket. She was lost as to why she’d received a call telling her to pick up someone at the airport. Who was this person? Sun Mi looked around through the thick crowd of people and finally after a few minutes saw a large white sign with her name written on it…and in Korean. Sun Mi froze in her footsteps when she recognized the person holding the sign.

“What are you doing here?” asked Sun Mi.

“I’m an exchange student,” Danson replied. “I asked if it was ok to stay at your house.”

“What?! Are you crazy?!” Sun Mi exclaimed.

Danson reached for Sun Mi’s hand, “I like you…so this time lets start off good.”

Sun Mi looked at him shyly then pulled her hand away, “You’re a stupid person. I’m coming back to Taipei this semester.”

“What?!” Danson exclaimed loudly.

Sun Mi laughed and started to walk off.

“Hey wait!” Danson shouted running after her.

-_-

[Taipei Airport]

Selina and Aaron stood in line holding hands.

“So where are we going this time?” Selina asked.

“Jeju Island for our honeymoon,” Aaron whispered into her ear.

Selina smiled, “Really?! That’s great!”

“I know right? Defintely better than Chun’s Resort,” Aaron joked.

They laughed together.

“We’ll have a baby for sure this time,” Aaron told and they chuckled.