Desire 47

All I Want...

Their clothes lay sprawled and scattered on the ground. Aaron opened his eyes and stared up at the ceiling then turned as he felt someone next to him. His eyes opened wide in shock as he saw Selina sleeping. He frowned and looked around then started to get out of bed, but Selina reached her arm out and pulled him back.

“Where are you going?” Selina asked.

As Aaron fell back he felt their arms rub against each other. He felt quite embarrassed and couldn’t turn to look at Selina.

Selina looked at him and smiled sarcastically.

“I didn’t know a young husband could be this shy,” she said.

As Selina got out Aaron quickly turned away so he wouldn’t see anything.

-_-

[Danson’s Apartment]

Danson was still sound asleep and having a nice dream until he heard pounding on his door. His eyes opened and he looked at the door. He sighed and turned around trying to cover his ears, but it didn’t get any better because the pounding just got louder and rougher. Giving up he dragged himself out of bed and opened the door with his messy hair. To his luck Jiro was standing at the door looking very stressed.

“What do you want? Do you know what time it is?” asked Danson half asleep.

“Time for you to wake up it’s almost 12 idiot,” Jiro told pushing his way in.

Danson closed the door and turned around to look at Jiro. Danson walked over to his sofa and dropped onto it falling asleep again. Just as he was drifting off into a deep sleep Jiro’s voice pulled him out of it.

“Did you hear from Selina?” asked Jiro. “I couldn’t get to her at all yesterday. What if something happened?”

“Don’t worry…don’t worry…she’s just probably with Aaron or something…” Danson moaned.

Jiro turned to look at his friend with a deep frown. Aaron? Couldn’t be. Jiro hurried over to Danson and pulled him up by the collar of his shirt.

“Aaron? She’s with Aaron?!” Jiro asked loudly.

Danson made a face and pushed Jiro off then he sat up. He sighed, turned, and looked away and turned back to Jiro with a serious expression.

“You aren’t stupid are you?” Danson questioned. “I didn’t want to tell you when you first asked…”

“Say what?” Jiro asked almost losing patience.

“Maybe if Selina’s ignoring you she’s thinking of someone else…” Danson began. “I think you’re just in serious self denial.”

“Where are you going at?” asked Jiro.

Danson took a tiring sigh, “I think they had serious feelings for each other when they were married. It was obvious…noticeable. Even Aaron’s girlfriend had to realize it.”

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Selina and Aaron cooked breakfast together and ate together. Without surprise they were able to eat and talk without any awkwardness. Right after breakfast they received a call from the hospital that Grandpa Yan had awoken.

-_-

[Grandpa Yan’s Hospital Room]

Selina and Aaron carefully opened the door walking in as quietly as they could. Grandpa Yan had a breathing mask on and several tubes inserted into him. He turned his head slightly to look at them. He seemed to call out Aaron’s name which sounded like a very light whisper.  

“Yes Grandpa?” Aaron asked as he got nearer.

Grandpa Yan turned to look at Selina and beckoned her to also walk over. Selina made her over and stood nearby Aaron. To their surprise Grandpa Yan reached forward and grabbed each of their hands and placed them together. As he did that Selina and Aaron immediately recalled the first time they had eaten at Aaron’s house after they married. Grandpa Yan had done the same thing when they were talking. He smiled very weakly at them. They could also feel how cold his hand felt.

“Get back together. I know you two are meant for each other,” Grandpa Yan said, “whatever that has happened just dismiss it. You need to be true to each other.”

Both Selina and Aaron felt so sorry toward Grandpa Yan at that moment. It was an unbearable feeling that they couldn’t describe. They felt joy that Grandpa Yan supported them, but also felt sad to see him in that condition. It was as if they could smile and cry at the same time.

“We will grandpa,” Aaron replied. “I think we should let you rest now. You look very tired.”

Grandpa Yan’s hand tightened around theirs then he let go with.

Aaron smiled then leaned closer to his grandpa and whispered, “I’ll get you a grandchild soon.”

As Aaron stood back up Grandpa Yan laughed weakly. Aaron waved with one hand and with the other he grabbed Selina’s hand leading them out of the room.

“What’d you say?” Selina asked. “Grandpa seemed very happy afterward.”

“It’s a secret,” Aaron said refusing to answer her question.

Selina frowned at him and before she could go on her cell phone rang.

-_-

[Sun Mi’s Apartment]

Sun Mi opened the door to find Danson with a reluctant expression on his face. Since the night they had danced together Sun Mi and Danson had seemed to become distant from each other. Danson turned his head back slightly to glance at Jiro then sighed.

“Have you been in touch with Aaron lately?” asked Danson.

“No,” Sun Mi replied.

“See I told you,” Danson told turning back to scold Jiro.

Jiro rubbed his forehead as if he was really exhausted.

“Why? What’s up?” Sun Mi questioned.

Danson quickly grabbed her arm and led her over to her kitchen.

“He’s real moody right now,” Danson cautioned.

“Moody?” repeated Sun Mi.

“He hasn’t been able to reach Selina since yesterday,” Danson told.

Sun Mi raised her eyebrows and glanced at Jiro.

“What are you looking at him for?” Danson scolded.

Sun Mi turned back to Danson and frowned, “Something wrong with that?”

Danson made a face and let go of her arm.

“Nevermind,” Danson told.

Sun Mi made a face at him then said, “You didn’t tell him anything stupid did you?”

“Why would I?” Danson questioned.

“Cause you look like the type to say something that doesn’t make sense,” Sun Mi replied.

Danson raised an eyebrow as he glanced at the ceiling, “I just stated some facts.”

“Some facts?” Sun Mi repeated.

“You know the facts,” Danson told.

“What did you tell him? He looks super pissed off,” Sun Mi told tilted her head up at Danson as if to challenge him.

Danson sighed and made a quick summary of what he’d told Jiro earlier. In return he received a loud slap on the arm from Sun Mi.

“Ow!” he shouted.

Jiro turned to look over then he turned away.

“Are you that insensitive?” asked Sun Mi.

“What do you mean?” asked Danson.

Everything became quiet suddenly. They could feel uneasy emotions flying through the air and as if it were some secret signal they turned to see Selina standing not too far from the doorway and there he was. Aaron was standing not too far behind her. Sun Mi could feel a lump form in remembering that Jiro was there as well. She could see Aaron looking at Selina with worry and Selina seemed to be worried herself. Jiro walked forward and grabbed Selina’s arm not giving her a chance to do anything and led her across the hallway into Danson’s apartment.