Desire 34

All I Want...

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Hebe did not visit for the next few days and Selina found it surprising yet she was glad Hebe did not come. When the weekend came Selina and Aaron had received a call from Aaron’s father. Due to certain reasons he was not able to attend a business banquet and he wanted Aaron and Selina to attend on his behalf.

-_-

[Business Hall]

Selina and Aaron walked up the dozens stairs. The doors were pulled open for them and they entered into the large hallway leading to the grand room. Large tables were set up everywhere with a large stage at the end of the room. Champaigne glasses were formally stacked onto one another and snacks lined the long tables.

“What is this again?” Aaron asked leaning in toward Selina.

“I think it’s a welcoming party for some people who just started a business,” Selina replied.

There was no one she was familiar with.

“Isn’t it nice to see you here. Where’s your father?” a tall thin man in a black suit asked Aaron.

“He has some other business to attend to,” Aaron replied. “I’m just here on his behalf.”

“He must be glad to have a good son like you,” the man complimented, “well enjoy.”

Aaron nodded and the man walked off. They stood around and ate a little as a few speeches were made on stage. Hours had passed by and people were only beginning to leave.

“Should we leave too?” asked Aaron.

“I suppose,” Selina replied glancing around then followed Aaron.

“Selina!” a voice suddenly called.

Selina paused and turned to see a man in a white outfit fast jogging toward her. Aaron had also turned around to see what was going on.

“You’re not leaving yet are you?” he asked.

Selina stared at him, “Do I know you?”

The man smiled and turned around waving for someone to come over. Selina followed his hand and saw a group of men walking toward her slowly. Suddenly they split up. Some to the left and some to the right revealing a person standing in the middle. Selina’s face went blank and she didn’t know whether she should smile or cry.

“I didn’t know you’d be here,” Jiro said walking toward her with a smile glued to his lips.

Selina stared at him her heart beating fast. It was certainly a surprise. Her feelings seemed to stumble upon one another. Was this real? He was back in such a short amount of time.  

“Why aren’t you saying anything?” he asked.

Selina turned around. She knew Aaron must have seen Jiro, but she was more worried about how he would react. To her disappointment Aaron was no longer standing there. She turned back to look at Jiro.

“You’re back…so fast…” Selina said.

“I own this business now,” Jiro told. “I’m more superior than your parents now.”

Selina looked at Jiro. Her mind now only filled up with Aaron. Where was he? Where’d he go? Now that Aaron had seen Jiro how would he be feeling? Would he be alright? Why was she thinking this?

-_-

[In A Cab]

Aaron stared out the window. His feelings were shattered. The only thing he could feel now were his hopes sinking. Of course he’d recognized Jiro. Jiro would want to be alone with Selina. Selina would also want to be alone with him. Just thinking of that Aaron could feel his heart ache deeply. He felt sad. Their moments were over officially. Selina would slip out of his hands.

-_-

[A High Class Restaurant]

“You’re out of school right?” Jiro asked. “Are your parents still the same?”

Selina nodded slowly. She didn’t know how to feel. She wasn’t exactly glad that Jiro was back. Nothing was going the way she had thought. She should be excited right? How come none of those happy feelings were coming to her?

“Were you angry when I left?” Jiro questioned. “You must have been through a lot.”

“I…” Selina started, “I have some things to take care of at home. I’ll make a move first.”

Selina grabbed her purse getting up.

“I know about it,” Jiro said, “I know you’ve had a hard time but I’m back now.”

Selina looked up at Jiro at a lost for words.

“Don’t push yourself anymore,” Jiro said calmly as he hugged her tightly, “I’ll help you get out of this.”

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Selina got back home late. None of the lights were , but she was sure Aaron was inside. She walked up the stairs slowly and found him lying asleep on the bed. Selina sat down at the edge of the bed and stared at him. He looked so peaceful. He should be ok right? Selina wondered if he had come straight home after he’d seen Jiro. Selina reached her hand out slowly to touch him, but hesitated, and pulled her hand back. Why was she doing this? Why was she letting her feelings grow?

When Aaron awoke he found Selina already preparing breakfast in the kitchen. This time he just sat around and waited for her to call him in. Once they were sitting at the table together they just ate in silence.

“You’ve been a little quiet these days,” Selina said, “what’s on your mind?”

Aaron was silent for a while, “Maybe we should get divorced.”

Selina dropped her spoon and sat up straighter.

“You’ve been considering it haven’t you?” Aaron asked.

Selina smiled to shake off the weight on her shoulders, “Is it because of the argument I had with my father a week ago?”

“He came back right? I think this is the ending we need,” Aaron said quietly.

“What ending?” Selina asked her smile coming off. “Just focus on your exams you don’t need to be thinking about that.”

“I can’t focus!” Aaron found himself saying loudly then he quieted down. “I really can’t focus. My mind is too full of other things.” Aaron seemed to take a breath to let out his irritation. “Excuse me.”

Selina watched as Aaron got up from his seat and walked out. Had he really been thinking that she’d considered divorce?

“I never thought of it as an option,” she said to herself.

Aaron closed the front door slowly being careful not to make a noise. Aaron sat on the ground resting his arms on top of his knees. He took a breath. How come whenever he was near Selina he’d feel so much pain now? His heart ached painfully and he felt like crying. It was hard to ignore the fact that he knew she was always waiting for Jiro’s return. Now that Jiro was back what was his position in her heart?

Selina got up from the kitchen table and watched as Aaron slowly closed the door. She walked toward the window and held the curtain aside. She stared at Aaron wondering what was going through his mind. She also felt confused as to why he was thinking so much and why it seemed to affect her.