Desire 52

All I Want...

-_-

[Ren Household]

Mrs. Ren turned around as the door opened and closed. She put a piece of cloth she was using to dust down on the table and made her way over to Selina.

“What brings you home tonight? Haven’t you been staying over at Aaron’s?” asked Mrs. Ren.

“I just wanted to come home mom,” Selina told. “Where’s dad?”

Mrs. Ren smiled, “It’s such a miracle your dad doesn’t believe it’s true so he’s staying behind at work to take care of other matters. I can’t believe the stockholders came flying back so fast.”

“Yea right?” Selina said.

“You look so tired,” Mrs. Ren said cupping her hands around Selina’s face. “Are you staying over tonight?”

“It’s not just for tonight,” Selina replied.

Mrs. Ren looked at her blankly.

“Jiro and I are officially getting married,” Selina announced.

Mrs. Ren’s eyes went wide.

“We talked about it earlier. I’ll give you more info later ok?” Selina told and headed toward the stairs making her way to her room.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Aaron stayed inside the whole time the next day. He wanted to welcome Selina as soon as she came back, but even as he waited from dawn till dusk Selina did not arrive. He tried calling her more than a dozen times, but she never received any of his calls. He made a trip over to her house, but was told that she was not in. Worried sick he could do nothing but return back home.

-_-

[Ren Household]

Selina stared out of her window as she heard the maid knock on the door and announce to her that she’d done what was asked of her. Without waiting for an answer Selina heard the maid make her way down the stairs. Selina felt dead coming back from having lunch with dinner. He’d talked about his plans for their wedding, which none of it interested her. Her father’s company was up and running…maybe that was all that mattered. She didn’t feel that guilt anymore of watching it being torn down, but instead feelings of pain had replaced them.

-_-

[Night Market]

Selina did not return either the next day. Feeling out of place and not knowing what to do with the next couple of hours Aaron had gone out for a walk finding himself glancing at the stalls set up at night and smelling the good food being made. He found good chatter and laughters around him which lifted his spirits a little. It wasn’t until he found someone familiar walking towarad him. Facing Jiro with that same superior aura surrounding him. Jiro stopped in his tracks and smirked at him. Aaron looked away intending to walk away, but Jiro stopped him.

“You didn’t hear from Selina yet?” asked Jiro.

Aaron stopped, but still kept his gaze facing ahead of him.

Jiro smiled and turned to look at Aaron, “She’s not coming back.”

Aaron still refused to turn to look at him.

“We are getting married for real this time,” Jiro said.

Aaron turned immediately and sent his fist flying out at Jiro. Within seconds he was on the ground wiping the side of his lips. Feeling it bruised Jiro got up and punched Aaron back. Biting his lips Aaron ran forward and punched Jiro harder making him fly into a group of people. He didn’t care what people would think of him. He didn’t mind if he’d get in trouble, but Jiro couldn’t say that to him. Selina wasn’t an item.

“Don’t think you’re so big,” Aaron warned then turned around and trailed off wiping the blood off his face. And immediately he made a run for Selina’s place.

-_-

[Ren Household]

All that mattered to him was getting the truth. She couldn’t have possibly ditched him in such a short amount of time. It wasn’t possible. It just couldn’t be. They’ve made a promise, planned their plans, and stuck together. Was he that unimportant to her? Already?

Aaron pounded on the door hard making the maid come running. Her face was twisted into shock when she saw him. Aaron didn’t mean to, but he looked at her with a glare.

“Tell Selina to come,” he told.

“But she’s…” the maid tried.

“If she doesn’t come I’m going to bleed to death here,” Aaron threatened.

The maid pressed her lips together then closed the door and ran. A minute later Selina came running and the door flew open. His Selina stood there looking at him shocked. Before she could ask him in Aaron reached out and pulled her out.

“Tell me…tell me…it isn’t true,” Aaron told.

Selina looked up at him her eyes filled with some sort of fear.

“You didn’t leave me…you didn’t break our promise,” Aaron told his eyes watering. “You still love me…”

“Aaron what happened?” Selina asked also with her eyes watering.

She tried to reach up to touch his bloody bruise, but Aaron gripped onto her hand stopping her.

“How could you?” Aaron asked as the teardrop fell. “How could you?!”

“I’m sorry…” Selina apologized.

“You think that can make me feel better? You said you were so sure of your feelings…why are you here now? Why is the spot next to me empty again?” Aaron asked.

Selina shook her head, “No…no, no. I had no choice. The company would fall…my parents would be miserable…how could I live with them like that?”

“There’s still me!” Aaron pointed out. “Can’t you rely on me? Or am I just a kid you think can’t do anything?”

“You are everything to me!” Selina told.

“Then why is it like this? Why did you turn the situation around?” Aaron wanted an answer. “Why? You’re just hurting me over and over again.”

Selina didn’t know what to say to make him feel better. She felt like she was in such a mess nothing could fix it. Tears just flew out hopelessly. Aaron let go of her hand.

“All you needed was to tell me goodbye,” Aaron told as he backed up.

“Don’t go! Aaron no!” Selina cried running forward grabbing his arm. “I’m sorry!”

Aaron turned away so he wouldn’t look at her. If he did he felt he would fall down with her sobbing. Stubborn tears fell down onto his cheeks as he pushed her grip off of him and walked away.

Feeling a deep loss Selina found herself falling down onto her knees clutching onto her head and wailed.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Aaron woke up with his cell phone ringing. He had dark bags under his eyes and his hair was a complete mess. He felt a headache coming on as he reached for the phone.

“Hello?” he answered.

-_-

[Yan Qiang Bank]

Aaron found his father sitting behind his usual desk comfortably. He seemed very happy and excited. It was also the first time they’d seen each other in a long time.

“How have you been?” Mr. Yan asked.

“Ok,” Aaron told.

“You look tired, have seat,” Mr. Yan invited.

Aaron took a seat in front of his father.

“What did you ask me for?” asked Aaron.

“I’ve thought this over for the whole night,” he began, “and I’ve figured you seem ready enough for this.”

Aaron waited for him to go on.

“It seems like you need a new start in your life. A new bank in our name is being based in Thailand incredibly,” Mr. Yan said, “would you like to be in charge of it?”

Aaron walked out an hour later. Of course Jiro had to be behind it. Helping his father expand business would be a benefit to their bank, but he could care less. Just to get him out of the country would be all that mattered to him. Still thinking of it…it would be a good thing for him. He did need a new start and he could do that by forgetting about her first.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Aaron was told that as soon as he was ready he could leave. He started packing the next day. Finally he would be able to make himself leave the house he’d shared with Selina. Before he’d hoped that she would come back and they’d live together again…but apparently things just wouldn’t turn out that way. Aaron reached for the glass figurine and placed it in a box then into the suitcase along with his belongings. After he’d finished packing he sat on the bed and just stared at the room with loneliness filling in.