Desire 18

All I Want...

-_-

[Ren Enterprise]

Selina sat her desk bored. She stared at the blank walls. Selina yawned until her ring tone went off. It was a text message from Danson. He was whining about homework. Looking at the time Selina grabbed her purse and headed out.

-_-

[Taipei University]

Hebe rushed after Aaron in the hallway. For some reason he never waited for her anymore and it was getting on her nerves. Though she decided maybe he was extra busy over break and was just tired. At least she hoped it was just that.

“I heard you got a cell phone,” Hebe told coming next to him.

“Who said that?” Aaron questioned.

“Well the maid who answered the house phone,” Hebe said, “give me your number. We can talk all night now.”

“Talk all night? Then I’ll just end up late for school,” Aaron pointed out. “At least we see each other all day right?”

Hebe came to a stop and frowned. Aaron also came to a stop and looked back.

“What’s wrong?” asked Aaron.

“I just asked for your phone number and you’re going to all these lengths to prevent me from calling you,” Hebe told. “Why are you being like this?”

“Being like what?” asked Aaron.

“You’re weird…you seem changed. What exactly did you do over break?” asked Hebe.

“I didn’t do anything,” Aaron defended himself, “I’ll call you ok? I have to go now my ride is waiting.”

“Your chauffeur can wait,” Hebe said.

“I’m not going to make her wait,” Aaron said then came to a pause.

“Her?” Hebe repeated.

Aaron opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He took a breath and turned away from Hebe.

“Why is your chauffeur a girl? Isn’t it a guy?” Hebe asked. “Are you hiding something from me?”

“I misused a word ok? Don’t think too much about it,” Aaron told. “Gotta go now.”

Hebe watched as her boyfriend headed down the stairs.

“I can’t believe I almost let it slip out,” Aaron told himself as he headed toward Selina’s car.

“No I just sat in the office today,” Selina said into her cell phone. “Nothing came to mind. Well you know maybe I should just drop this project.”

“Maybe you should put a stop to it for a few days and do something new. Maybe you’ll get ideas that way,” it was Danson.

“I don’t know. Where is there to go?” asked Selina.

“Some place new. Keep that concept in mind. I’m starting work in 5 minutes. I’ll talk to you later,” Danson told.

“Sure,” Selina hung up.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

After a quick dinner Aaron was washing dishes while Selina went out to the living room to complete her work. Putting the last plate away the door bell rang. Aaron hurried toward the door and opened it.

“Hi!” Ella’s loud voice rang.

“Oh…hey,” Aaron greeted.

“Are you going to let us in?” Ella questioned.

“Chun’s here too?” Aaron asked. “I didn’t see him.”

“I told you not to wear that shirt,” Ella told Chun.

“It just seemed like the night to wear it,” Chun said.

“No one can see you in the dark! Are you trying to be a theif?” Ella questioned.

“Why would I steal?” Chun questioned walking into the house.

“Hi Selina!” Ella shouted. “Oh you’re wearing glasses!”

Selina turned to look at Ella and Chun then at Aaron. Aaron smiled back hoping that she would understand he had no choice but to let them in. Selina took off her glasses and moved her papers onto the table in front of her.

“What are you doing?” Ella wondered.

“Paperwork,” Selina replied, “what are you doing here?”

“Should I tell them?” Ella asked Chun.

Chun nodded.

“We’re going on a vacation next week to Chun’s resort. He has a really nice house over there. We were wondering if you’d like to come along,” Ella told. “It’d be really fun. Since it belongs to Chun it’d be just us there.”

“You should come. It doesn’t cost anything so don’t worry about money,” Chun assured.

“I don’t know…Aaron will miss school,” Selina told.

“It’s ok we aren’t doing much,” Aaron said wanting to go.

“He says it’s ok,” Ella told turning back to Selina. “So how about it? We’ll leave Friday night ok? Remember to ask off work.”

Before Selina could say anything Ella rushed Chun out of their house and closed the door behind them.

“You agreed?” Selina asked turning to Aaron.

“Well maybe this could be the new place to inspire your ideas,” Aaron said, “weren’t you talking about that business project before?”

“Don’t tell your dad I taught you to eavesdrop,” Selina said sarcastically.

“I have good ears,” Aaron told Selina with a smirk.

Selina frowned at him and put her glasses back on.

Again that night Aaron had forgotten to call Hebe.

-_-

[Taipei University]

After lunch Hebe found Aaron in the hallway alone. She hadn’t had the chance to talk to him before, but she’d get him this time.

“Aaron!” Hebe shouted.

Aaron stopped and turned around.

“Hebe.” he said.

“Yes it’s me,” Hebe told, “you never called me that night. You said you would.”

“Oh…sorry. I had things going on that night…” Aaron began.

“You’re using the same excuses!” Hebe accused. “Can’t you take five minutes of your time to call your girlfriend? You haven’t been talking to me this whole week. It’s always me coming to find you. You started coming earlier haven’t you? Then you should wait for me. What kind of a boyfriend are you?”

“Hebe listen…” Aaron tried.

“No! Not until you call me!” Hebe told. “Get out of my way geez.”

Hebe pushed Aaron aside and stomped down the hallway. Aaron stared after her back figuring he should tell her about Selina soon.

-_-

[Aaron and Selina’s House]

Aaron and Selina were in the bedroom packing up their clothes when the door bell rang.

“They’re here already,” Selina muttered.

“I’ll go get it,” Aaron offered and hurried down the stairs.

-_-

[Chun’s Resort]

A while later Selina found herself standing outside while Aaron put their bags in the back of her car. Ella had instructed for them to follow their car and Selina did as told for the next few hours. The sun was still out as they departed, but whent hey got to the resort night had already fallen. As Selina got out she stared at the large house in front of her.

“Lets go inside,” Chun told.

Ella took the baby from Chun and carried her inside. Aaron and Selina followed them. Every room was large looking very comfy. Even the kitchen felt like a huge dining room.

“It’s a big house but there’s only three bedrooms,” Ella told as she led them down the hallway. “You two can share this room.”

“What about the other two rooms?” Selina questioned.

“Chun and I and the baby will share one. The other bedroom is empty. There’s nothing in there,” Ella told. “Why? You two don’t share a bed?”

“No…I guess it’s ok…” Selina made a face as she touched the back of her head.

“I was just joking,” Ella told. “Make yourselves comfortable. By the way are you two hungry? We could all have some midnight snacks or something.”

“We’re fine,” Selina answered.

“Ok have a good night now. You guys do your stuff we won’t mind,” Ella told with a smile and walked off.

Selina opened the door slowly and looked in. She sighed as she stared at the queen sized bed. There was a shelf and a door right ahead which led to the bathroom.

“Do you need me to sleep elsewhere?” Aaron wondered.

“No,” Selina forced herself to answer, “they’ll probably think we’re weird or something. What couple sleeps in different places? That’ll mean we’re having problems.”

Aaron was silent.

“I’m going to take a shower,” Selina told and grabbed her bag going into the bathroom.

After taking a shower Selina climbed into the bed. She lay awake for a long time. The bathroom door opened and Aaron walked out in his pajamas. He stood for a while.

Selina looked up, “What are you doing? Turn the lights off.”

“Oh…” Aaron replied and turned the light switch off.

Selina glanced around in the dark trying to spot Aaron.

“Are you sure it’s ok?” Aaron asked. “I can sleep on the ground.”

“Just get in bed ok?” Selina asked as she to her side.

As silence filled in the noise she could feel Aaron climb into bed. They lay far apart uncomfortably.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this,” Selina thought silently to herself.

Aaron turned slightly to stare at Selina’s back. All that he was wondering about was what Selina would be thinking right now.