Desire 53

All I Want...

-_-

[Ren Household]

Selina had been completely silent keeping to herself ever since Aaron had came that night. Her mother could only watch her from a distance and hope she would recover soon. As for that Jiro had paid a few visits during the day, but even to his luck Selina wasn’t able to open up to him.

“I’ve heard Jiro’s already booked the hotel and invited the media,” Mrs. Ren told at lunch. “Are you ok with these? Selina?”

Selina hadn’t been paying attention, but poked at her food thoughtlessly. Mr. Yan came in with a yawn stretching his arms out. He took a seat next to Mrs. Ren.

“When is this wedding of yours?” he asked. “Jiro seems like a scary man are you sure you want your future with him?”

Selina did not reply and she didn’t notice her mom make a face at her father warning him to stay quiet.

Mr. Yan cleared his throat, “Mr. Yan called me today from the bank. They have another bank being opened up in Thailand. Did you know Aaron’s leaving today to be in charge of it?”

Selina felt her fork drop out of her hand and she looked up.

“When?” she asked.

Right after Selina had left coincidentally Jiro came. He seemed all calm and in a good mood as always lately.

“Where’s Selina?” he asked the first maid he’d seen.

“I don’t know,” was her answer.

Jiro brushed her aside and walked into the kitchen to find Mr. Yan reading the business section of the paper.

“Good afternoon,” Jiro greeted.

“You’re here!” Mr. Ren said with expression in his voice.

Jiro smiled and looked around then asked, “Is Selina in?”

“She’s gone to the airport,” he replied.

“Airport? For what?” asked Jiro.

“I’m sure you’ve heard of Aaron going overseas,” Mr. Ren told.

 A hoarse rough expression overcame Jiro’s face, “Why would you tell her that?!”

Without waiting for an answer Jiro rushed out.

Mr. Ren shrugged, “You didn’t say we should keep it a secret.”

-_-

[Taipei Airport]

Aaron had just begun walking into the airport when a car came zooming into the parking lot. Parking hastily Selina got out and ran inside. Filled with panic she searched around for a schedule board. Not thinking straight she had missed it twice until she had ran back to find it by the doors. 25 minutes before depart. Plenty of time. Selina made her way around in search of the gate number.

Aaron turned in his ticket and passport to the lady behind the desk. She returned his passport to him and he headed toward the line to turn in his luggage. Just as he turned his back towards the window Selina came walking bye to see a large woman standing behind Aaron blocking him from view. Feeling frustrated Selina decided to search once more.

“Passengers leaving for Thailand please board the plane at gate 25 in 10 minutes.”

Selina looked up at the ceiling and quickly ran forward. She turned her head here and there, but no sign of Aaron. She paused for a second to catch her breath. She felt like dropping to the ground. Where was he? Where could he be? Was he really here? Selina finally turned away from the group of chairs and found that she was foolish to have not turned earlier. Because there he was standing right behind a group of people in the line waiting to board the plane.

“Aaron!” Selina screamed loudly enough for anyone to hear.

More than a dozen people turned to look at her, but none of them mattered. Aaron turned around to see her, but a smile did not climb onto his face. There Jiro had appeared just in time behind Selina. She made a run forward, but Jiro grabbed her pulling her back refusing to let her go forward. Selina turned around in surprise and looked pleadingly up at him.

“Let me go! Please! Jiro don’t do this! I can’t lose him! Aaron! Please!” Selina cried. “Wait for me!”

Aaron watched her feeling so much pain and agony. The people behind him urged him forward and he had no choice but to do so.

“Aaron! Don’t go! I beg you! Aaron! Jiro let go of me! Why won’t you let me go?” she shouted.

By now plenty of people were looking wondering what in the world was going on with her? Was she crazy or what?

“Don’t call for him,” Jiro told.

Tears flew out. So helpless…she was going to lose Aaron forever.

“Let go of me! Jiro!” Selina cried thrashing herself forward, buat Jiro held onto her tightly.

Aaron paused in his step before entering the door to the plane. He glanced back at Selina once more with watery eyes and forced himself forward.

Selina let out a last cry and fell to the ground crying. Jiro kneeled behind her keeping his arms around her in case she would run again.

-_-

[Ren Household]

Selina spent the evening, the night, and the next day crying in her room. She had refused to unlock the door for any maid especially her mother. What would it matter if Aaron wasn’t there? Living wouldn’t be worth it. She never wanted to lose him. She was sorry she didn’t give it her best and she did admit she was weak for giving in to Jiro so quickly. Still it was all her fault. She hated herself the most for hurting Aaron again.

Jiro came that afternoon, but Selina refused to let him in. Finally the next day when he wouldn’t leave and kept knocking on her door Selina finally got up to let him in. He was shocked to see her puffy bloodshot eyes. He closed the door behind him and Selina went over to sit on her bed.

“Why are you keeping this up? It’s not going to help you,” Jiro told.

Even as she tried her tears still slipped out.

“He’s not all you have in this world you know,” Jiro pointed out, “you still have your parents and me. What about your friends?”

Selina wiped her tears remaining silent. She hated the way things were. She even wanted to hate Jiro.

“They’ve made calls for you to pick up your wedding dress,” Jiro told. “Stay strong until then ok?”

Jiro reached forward to put her head against his shoulder. For that instant moment she seemed so frail, so fragile that if anything more happened she would actually break.

-_-

[Night Market]

He needed to get some air to refill his lungs. Seeing Selina hadn’t made him feel better as he’d thought it would. Since he’d came back Selina was different and he thought by using his power maybe it make her come back again. No matter what there still seemed to be that wall between them. Selina wouldn’t open up and she wouldn’t talk to him like before. If felt like she was treating him like a distant friend.

Jiro sat down and order a pot of beef noodles. As he ate a voice came from behind.

“Hey!” a voice greeted.

Jiro turned around to see a girl stop behind him.

“Do I know you?” he asked.

The girl smiled, “I’m Hebe…Aaron’s ex girlfriend. You came to his house once?”

Jiro thought back, but couldn’t remember.

“Oh…sure,” he replied unsurely.

“I remember you because of your hair,” Hebe told. “Can I sit?”

Jiro didn’t reply. Hebe sat down anyway.

“So are you still going out with Selina?” she asked.

Jiro didn’t reply, but took another bite of his noodles.