Chapter 43

Never On Earth You Now Unexpectedly Expected Backwards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYOMIN'S POV

 

I’m in my office now with Kyul. We will have meeting after 10 minutes.

 

I keep thinking about Jiyeon.

 

I'm worried about her talking to Eunjung.

 

I had a strong feeling that Jessica is just using her.

 

I may find the act real if she starts acting right at the moment we meet her in the headquarters but no she started to ask an apology right after she declared how much praises Jessica and the way she treats my dongsaeng.

 

"What are you thinking?" I felt an arm wrap around me from behind while I'm deep in my thought here in my chair.

 

She kisses my cheek.

 

"Let me guess. You're thinking about Jiyeon?" She guesses.

 

"How did you know that?" I ask

 

"Because you keep worrying about your dongsaeng. You know what? I agree with her when she said that you're just like a Dad to her" she said and giggled.

 

"I can't stop worrying about her she's my sister. Just like you to Areumie" I said.

 

"Minnie, Jiyeon is smart. I'm sure she knows what she's doing. All you have to do is trust her and be on her side if she needed you. You have to be prepared. Especially there's just a week left before the hearing." She said.

 

Right, only a week but we still don't have the evidence that will prove that the Jung’s killed our parents.

 

Jiyeon said she'll take care of it but up until now she's not mentioning anything to us.

 

I bet she's having a hard time because of Eunjung.

 

I feel nervous about this.

 

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

 

I don't what time Jiyeon will arrive so I decided to go to school early.

 

At first I'm nervous coz it seems like I don't know where I should go but it's surprising that my instincts know where to go.

 

Their classroom is still empty so I decided to wait for her outside.

 

Park Jiyeon

 

Jung Jessica

 

Two different names both give me different feelings

 

When I'm with Jessica there's something with me that keeps saying I have to be with her no matter what but there's an emptiness inside me.

 

But Park Jiyeon.

 

With just one glance she made me confused. There's a part of me that wants to believe in her but I shouldn't have to.

 

I can't believe it's really hard to convince myself not to be confused.

 

"Why are you here?"

 

My thoughts were interrupted with a tall girl with glasses.

 

She looks familiar but of course I can't recognize her.

 

"Uhm I'm sorry I don't remember who you are but I'm waiting for Jiyeon to arrive" I said to her and notice that Jiyeon is standing just behind her and our eyes meet.

 

What's wrong with my heart?

 

She's so beau-

 

HAM EUNJUNG DON'T GET DISTRACTED.

 

"Jiyeon can we talk?" I ask her.

 

"Areumie just wait for me inside. I'll talk to her first." She said to the other girl.

 

So her name is Areum.

 

A familiar name to me but I have no time to remember everything.

 

Areum get inside the classroom and now there's just me and Jiyeon.

 

"Uhm let's talk somewhere privately" She said and motioned me to follow her.

 

She takes me to the rooftop.

 

"My unnie told me about what happen to you. Can I ask you something first before anything else" She said and looks at me again.

 

Her eyes are sad.

 

It's making me feel sad too

 

And confuse at the same time.

 

"Of course but if you're going to ask me what happen or if I'm still talking to Jessica my answer will be just the same as what I answered to your unnie" I said to her because it seems like she will ask me the same question.

 

"Yes I'm about to ask you that question but there is one question I want you to answer honestly before that." She said

 

Huh?

 

"What?" I curiously ask

 

"Ham Eunjung can you still be trusted?" I ask.

 

That question caught me off guard.

 

I never expect her to ask me that.

 

I tried to compose myself and think of something to say but I can't.

 

I will get caught.

 

"I know you want to meet me not because you want me back or you want to apologize about what happen yesterday" she said and I just look down.

 

I never thought I will got caught this fast.

 

"Then why did you still agrees to meet me then?" I ask her.

 

"I don't know what did Jessica do to you what did she told you and I also know that you can't remember everything but you promised me one thing Jungie" she said.

 

Jungie?

 

What is this feeling?

 

Why am I feeling something when she calls me that name?

 

And promise?

 

What promise is she talking about?

 

"I know you came to me because that is what Jessica told you to do right?" She asks and I don't know what to say so I just keep my mouth shut.

 

"Tell me what does she wants you to do" She asks again.

 

"I can't tell you" I just said.

 

"Then I will make a guess. Jessica sent you because her whole family was in jail. No one will work for them outside. Now if I was Jessica and I was in jail the first thing that I would do is to get out of jail. It's either I will escape or I'll find another way and that other way is pointing to the evidence that could completely send me to jail for eternity. In short she sends you to destroy the evidences. Am I right?" She said.

 

Damn it

 

Jessica didn't inform me that Park Jiyeon is this smart.

 

"So you caught me now. What will you do? Will you send me to jail too?" I bravely ask but the next thing she do caught surprise me.

 

She hugs me tight.

 

My heart is beating rapidly and it feels so comfortable in her embrace.

 

"I miss you..I love you Jungie" She said while hugging me.

 

"I can't hurt you. I can't be your enemy. So I'll let you decide" She said.

 

What does she mean?

 

"I will give you all the evidences. Including the evidence on my parent’s death. The unnies still don't know about it but I will give them to you a day before the scheduled hearing." She added.

 

Is she kidding me?

 

Is this some kind of a trick?

 

"I will let you decide what to do with them. I will let you choose. But I have one wish. There still a week before that happen can you stop thinking about Jessica and just think of me. Please accept me as your girlfriend and treat me like one. Please" She said and her voice starts to crack.

 

"How can I assure that you are not tricking me?" I ask

 

She looks at me directly into the eyes.

 

"You have my word. No one will ever know about this deal between you and me. I will give the evidences a day before the trial if you fulfill my wish" She said while tearing up.

 

Honestly, it breaks my heart to see her cry.

 

"Deal. I agree with you. You will give me the evidences a day before the trial and promise me that you'll never interfere with my life and Jessica and in exchange to that I will fulfill your wish. You will be my girlfriend for a week" I said and she nods and leans closer.

 

Wait a kiss?

 

This is not right.

 

When our lips were about an inch away I immediately look to the other side.

 

"Uhm. Can we not kiss on the lips?" I ask

 

She step backwards and sigh

 

"It's fine with me." She said and fixes herself.

 

"By the way we have to act sweeter when we are in front of others coz that's the usual us. This conversation is only between you and me. No one else should know about this" She reminds me.

 

"Sure" I just agree.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter