Chapter 26

Never On Earth You Now Unexpectedly Expected Backwards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AREUM'S POV

 

Jiyeon already left and I'm glad that she did not because I don't want her here but because I don't know if I can handle my chest pain if she stays longer.

 

You may wonder what's wrong with me.

 

Well aside from everything in my life was wrong there's something wrong with my heart.

 

Not some figure of speech but literally there's something wrong with my heart.

 

I was born with a hole in the heart.

 

My heart is weak.

 

Even before, my parents didn't pay so much attention to me.

 

Umma my nanny take care of me since then but they told me that I was cured and I believe that too.

 

When I was six I felt chest pain and have difficulties in breathing too.

 

I didn't tell my parents or my unnie about it.

 

I have a friend and her father was a doctor so I ask her father about why I'm experiencing those things.

 

That time he told me to tell my parents about it but how could I tell them when they're always not around?

 

He gave me medicine.

 

He told me this could help me ease the pain but he can't assure me that it can cure me.

 

He said I need to take further examination or surgery if needed.

 

I feel depress at those times and start to beat up kids and made their cursing and calling my family as an excuse.

 

They don't fight back since I was a Lee so it was easy for me.

 

But each time I will do that I will have difficulty in breathing and my chest really hurts after but I could care less about it.

 

I need to let out my frustrations.

 

When I turn 15 I didn't experience those pains anymore so I didn't have to take my medicine again and that is also the time my parents starts to give me this awful punishment.

 

I thought it's alright.

 

I thought I was ok but I was wrong.

 

Now I'm 19 and after some series of bullying I experience from Krystal, disappointments from my family, frustrations in my life and falling in love with Jiyeon.

 

One day I was walking home from school I stop walking all of a sudden and drop all my things to the ground when I feel pain on my chest part that I ended up hitting my own chest to stop the pain.

 

I felt so scared about it.

 

I didn't see a doctor. I have no money for that instead I ask money for my unnie and lie to her that I want to buy a new dress so that I could buy medicine.

 

I planned to tell my parents about it coz I still wanna live but after they change my punishment, I doubt they would help me.

 

Maybe they will be happier when I die.

 

After all they don't want me right from the start.

 

There's only one thing important to rich people and that is how to become richer.

 

My mother was a fist child she had another sister which was my aunt.

 

Now there father said he would give company to the one who can give him grandson so he does have a grandson but not from my mother coz she gave birth to me.

 

 

Her sister gave birth to boy which was my cousin so her sister received the company.

 

Maybe it's my mom's fault why I had these complications.

 

She got depressed when she found out that the kid she was carrying was a girl and not a boy.

 

She neglected herself and drinks alcohol too but I'm still lucky she didn't kill me but now I wish she just did coz I'm suffering now.

 

The door opens and Umma came in.

 

"Are you really ok Areum-ah? I'm worried about you. I see you don't look well since this past few days." She said sat on my bed.

 

"Umma. Don't worry. I told you I just got lack of sleep. You don't need to worry really" I said and force a smile.

 

"Alright. I just really got worried when I saw you there on the floor" She said and I laugh.

 

"Umma. You're getting old you know. You easily got nervous to things. I'm sorry for worrying you but I just really need rest and I will help you with your work after I wake up" I said and force another smile to her.

 

"Just rest and don't worry about the work. You know I treated you already as my daughter" She said and holds my hand.

 

"Thank Umma" I said

 

"For what?" She asks.

 

"For everything. For not pushing me away. For accepting. You're very kind and I wish to see you marry someone so that you won't be alone" I said

 

"This kid what are you talking about? I'll be taking good care of your daughters or sons when the right time comes so I won't be alone for sure. You will allow me to be with them ok?" She said and smile.

 

"Of course. You didn't have to ask." I said and smile at her.

 

If that ever happens of course.

 

If I'm still alive at that time.

 

Maybe.

 

"Ok. You took some rest and then you'll prepare for Jiyeon's party" She said and I just nod and close my eyes.

 

 

 

HYOMIN'S POV

 

She really didn't even attempt to approach me.

 

Fine if she doesn’t want then I won't too.

 

I'm not the one who started it so I won't approach her first.

 

"Hyominnie"

 

I turn to look at Tiffany then

 

*click*

 

"Yah!" I protested and try to get my camera from her.

 

She just laughs and run away but I chase her.

 

"You little! Stop" I commanded her.

 

"What's your problem with this Hyominnie? It's a nice candid!" She said while running away.

 

"I don't care. I wasn't prepared at all! Delete it!" I said while we continue to run around the venue where the tables for the party are being decorated by Soyeon unnie and Qri unnie.

 

I stop running since I was already panting

 

Tiffany faced me and teases me while waving the camera but she stop when Qri grab it from her.

 

"There it's deleted. Quit running around please. This is not a playground" She said and handed me the camera then go back to her work.

 

I just can look at her

 

"I'm sorry. I think it's my fault why you and Qri are still not ok" Tiffany said while looking down.

 

"Don't say that Fany it wasn't your fault" I said and she smiled at me so I smile back.

 

"Excuse me you're blocking the way" That's Qri who passes between me and Fany.

 

"You could use the other way though" Fany said a little bit irritated and Qri turn around to face her.

 

"But I choose on that way" She and walk away again

 

"Just let her Fany. Please don't fight" I said.

 

"But she's doing it on purpose" She retorted

 

"I know but if you pay attention to her it is more like she's going to do it again" I said and we just go back to do our work again.

 

What is she doing now?

 

I don't get her.

 

If she wanted to talk she could've just ask me instead of intentionally annoying me.

 

"Uhm Hyominnie can I use your bathroom?" Fany suddenly ask.

 

"Sure. Just get in there and turn right. You'll see a white door and that's it" I said instructing her where to go.

 

I focus again in decorating the table.

 

"So you really do replace me as your bestfriend." I look up to her.

 

Since when did she got there?

 

Is she a ninja?

 

Just a while ago she's standing beside Soyeon unnie which is 3 meters away from me.

 

"You leave by yourself" I said and continue my work.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter