Chapter 30

Never On Earth You Now Unexpectedly Expected Backwards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QRI'S POV

 

"Unnie you are aware that I was born with a heart disease" Areumie said

 

I know she's born with a hole in her heart but I know that she's cured.

 

"Yes but you are cured right?" I said and I can't help but let my tears fall

 

She shook her head.

 

Huh?

 

"What do you mean?" I ask even though I know what she means but I want her to tell me that she's just joking.

 

I want her to prove me that what I'm thinking is wrong.

 

She looks down.

 

"I was six unnie. I was six when I started to feel chest pain and have hard time breathing. I easily get tired too. I ask my friend's father who is a doctor and he gave me medicine. When I turn fifteen I didn't feel it anymore. I thought I was ok until I feel it again." She explained.

 

I can't help but cry hard.

 

"And you are just telling me this right now Lee Areum? If this didn't happen you never plan to tell me?" I can't help but to raise my voice to her.

 

When is she planning to inform me about this? When she's already dead?

 

"Kyul calm down. Don't stress Areumie too much" I feel Hyomin rub my back.

 

I take a deep breath and my sister is just looking down.

 

"Areumie you need to see a doctor now so you could be cured. If money is your problem don't worry about it. I'm willing to pay for you. Just be well" Jiyeon said hugging her while crying.

 

Areum is just crying.

 

I stand up and hug her.

 

"I won't let you die. I will do everything for you to leave dear sister. Unnie is always here for you. Never mind our parents." I said and rub her back.

 

I could feel that her hug tightens and she buried her face on my tummy.

 

I tried to calm her coz it's not good for her.

 

After we eat breakfast I talk to her again.

 

She's calm now but she still looks weak.

 

"Areumie we have to see a doctor now.” I said.

 

"I know a doctor that could help you. Let me take your there" Hyomin volunteered and I just nod.

 

After preparing everything we leave the house.

 

When we get to the hospital.

 

We waited for Areumie she's having some test.

 

"You're parents have to know about this" Hyomin said

 

"I'll tell them but I'm not gonna expect anything. I'll help my sister on my own if they don't want." I said irritably.

 

After all it's their fault why my sister is like this.

 

She's the only sister that I have.

 

They might be successful in business but they are a big failure in becoming a good parent.

 

They at being parents.

 

We are very unlucky to have them.

 

If we could just choose our parents I will never choose them for me and Areumie.

 

"Kyul" I heard Hyomin call me.

 

I didn't notice I'm clenching my fist.

 

"Areumie will be ok. She's a strong kid just like her unnie." she said trying to comfort me.

 

"I will never forgive them if something happens to my sister." I said and my tears start to fall again.

 

Hyomin hug me and I just cry on her shoulder while she's calming me down.

 

"Stop crying. Areumie will be sad if she see you like this" Hyomin said and wipe my tears.

 

Then the nurse calls us to go inside and so we did.

 

I saw my sister sitting on the hospital bed.

 

She smiles when she sees me.

 

"Doc how is my sister?" I turn to the doctor and ask him.

 

"Your sister’s heart is getting weak. If this was given attention earlier maybe a surgery won’t be needed anymore" He said.

 

"So she has to undergo surgery" Hyomin said.

 

"Yes. We need to close the hole as soon as possible" He added

 

"Do what you can doc to save my sister. I'm willing to pay any amount just please do your best to save her" I said.

 

"Yes Miss. Lee. I will do my best. I've been a loyal doctor to the Park family. Failing you will be just like failing them too “He said.

 

"Thank you doctor" I said.

 

"And before I forgot." He said.

 

"We found something on your sister's body. It could be seen through the x-ray result." He said and shows us the x-ray.

 

I can see a square thing on her chest part.

 

"You see this one? Something is in there on the part of her chest. Maybe one of the reasons why she's having a hard time to breathe." He said.

 

"What is that?" I ask.

 

"I don't know. I've never seen something like this before." He said.

 

Hyomin and I look at each other.

 

What the hell is that thing inside her?

 

And it's strange that it's there.

 

A lot of things are confusing me now.

 

"Minnie can you accompany my sister here for a while? And may I borrow your car too? I have something to do first" I said.

 

"Alright. Here is the key" she said and gave me the key.

 

I approach my sister who is now lying on the bed while looking around.

 

I smile at her.

 

"What did the doctor said unnie? Am I gonna die?" She asks.

 

I shook my head.

 

"You need to undergo a surgery to close the hole in your heart then you will be alright soon so better behave and listen to what the doctor tell you to do." I said.

 

She smiled and nod.

 

"By the way I'll be leaving you with Hyomin first. I'll be quick ok?" I said and kiss her forehead.

 

"Ok unnie" She replied and I leave.

 

I have to ask my parents about something.

 

 

JIYEON'S POV

 

As much as I want to accompany Areumie in the hospital today but Jungie and I have something important to do.

 

We have to go to school even if it is Sunday coz we have to figure something about the book.

 

"So where should we start?" She asks.

 

Jungie said and park the car.

 

But I thought of something.

 

"Jungie let's get outta here" I said.

 

"Mwo?!" She looks at me in shock.

 

"We have to park the car somewhere else a little bit distant in school so that when someone came they wouldn't know we are here" I explained.

 

We should be very careful now even though Kahi unnie and some other guards are secretly following us for our safety.

 

Soyeon unnie won't let us leave the house without at least five guards secretly following us wherever we go.

 

"Oh ok." Jungie finally understand what I mean and we go outside the school again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter