제 2 .1장: Pretty good for a newbie

Chrome Heart

Now...

GD awoke startled and looked around him with confusion. A discouragement sigh escaped his lips upon seeing that he was still at the hospital. It's been already two days since the incident and Anna was still in coma. Her parents were arriving soon and Ji Yong did not know how to face them, particularly her father. After the promise he had made to the old man...He stood up and stretched a bit. His back was killing him. Sleeping on this chair and in this uncomfortable position would eventually do the trick. He sat back down and grabbed his friend's hand.

  • You better you wake up to help me out of that mess! Do you know how many articles they written about us? Thousands! They tell impossible things... things that have never happened between us... because of me... Anna-yah...Is this my punishment? Losing you like that? You need to know that everything I said... 거짓말 이야 (geojitmal iya. It's was a lie). 미안해. 정말 미안해 (Mianhae. Jeongmal mianhae. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry)...

                                          BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB

I tried to have the most cool look as possible when I went into Ji Yong's apartment. I sat on the more than comfortable couch that adorned his living room and waited patiently. I discreetly looked around me and opened large eyes when Ji Yong disappeared behind a door. This apartment was huge! Much more than mine. That was not fair! We were on the same floor!

  • Suprised?

I jumped a little and quickly closed my mouth.

  • Surprised? Why? I'm used to see much bigger than this and...

I shut up upon seeing his confused look.

  • I wanted to know if you were surprised because this is the house where you'll work. What are you talking about?
  • Euh....I....I....

I shut up, blushing and threw him a murderous look when he began to laugh. Ah, this dragon!

  • Do I really need to clean your house? How you did you manage before?
  •  Ah, said Ji Yong with a distracted air, the 아줌마 (ajumma. Auntie) who cleaned for me loved his granddaughter who me loved me. 나쁜 조합이다 (Nappeun johabida. This is a bad combination).
  •  그래서 (geuraeso. So) you fired her?

Ji Yong turned to me, serious. He was not smiling anymore.

  • Follow me. I'll show you where what you'll need is. And you also have to sign a confidentiality agreement.
  • A contract? I won't say anything to anyone! Do you think I like this situation? I'm your 하녀 (hanyeo. maid) ! From 의사 (uisa.  Doctor), I went to 하녀 (hanyeo) ! I have a PhD., I am regarded as a scholar! The Seoul hospital spent a fortune to have me! I'm not signing anything!

I cross my arms in a gesture of anger and pouted. But who did he think he was this dragon? If someone were to sign something, it should be him. If this 'arrangement' ever got public, the only one that would be suffering will be me!

Ji Yong turned to her neighbor and could not restrain a smile. She sulked as a little girl. She just had to tap her foot to really look like one.

  • You told me that you were older than me... Are you sure? 너 몇살 이니? (Neo myeot sal ini? How old are you?)
  • Old enough to know that I will not sign anything without reading it and in the presence of a lawyer!

Ji Yong shook his head and inhale deeply  to calm down. Yes, this girl really knew what buttons to press to have him foaming with anger in a few seconds.

  • Follow me, I'll gave you a tour of the apartment . I'm rather a clean maniac, so you should clean well enough. Your salary would be 100,000 Won and...
  • 100, 000 Won? You mean US $100?

She looked up to the sky before freezing him on the spot with a haughty look.

  • 야 (Ya) !! With $100 once a week, it will take me 300 weeks to pay my debt!  4 months!
  • What are you talking about?  It's $100 for the week, for the five days of the week.

She stopped and looked at him with round eyes.

  • Ah! OK. I understand... 안녕히 가세요 (Anyeonghi gaseyo. Goodbye) Kwon Ji Yong ssi!

She her heels, grabbed her bag and got out of the apartment before he could even say a word. Ji Yong rummaged his hand in his plum hair. 젠장! (Jenjang. ). This girl was going to eventually give him an ulcer! He inhale again to calm down and went out after his neighbor. He pressed the bell of the apartment in front.

  • If you do not agree with the arrangement, we can talk about it! Leaving and slamming the door are not civilized ways to solve problems!

The door opened suddenly on Anna. She blocked the entrance with her body.

  • I did not slammed the door...I tried but your door have a spring and can't be slammed.

Ji Yong tried the best he could to hold the laughter that went up, unfortunately, he failed. Thanks to God, Anna also began to laugh. She moved from the door entrance.

  • 나는 차가 있다. 몇 가지 시겠습니까? (Naneun chaga issda. Myeogaji sigesseubnikka? I have tea. Would you like some ?)
  • 예, 부탁합니다. 고맙습니다 누나 (Ye, butakhabnida. Gomabseubnida nuna. Yes please. Thank you big sister).

Anna looked to the sky with a laugh and let him in.

 BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB

I supported myself on my door closing my eyes. After heated negotiations and several cups of tea and coffee and pastries, Ji Yong was finally gone and my salary had increased to $ 200 the week. I threw a glance at my alarm clock and realized that the afternoon had passed. I closed my fist on the top secret's post-it that Ji Yong had gave me after I signed his contract of confidentiality: his door's pin. He had asked for mine and on the spot, I had also created a contract and asked him it to sign it.

Now, the house of Kwon Ji Yong, Big bang G-Dragon was open to me. I was living the dream of almost all Korean girls... and it scared me to death. If this ever got out,  I was going to become the person to kill, the number one enemy of the Republic of South Korea. I shook my head. This was never going to get out. He wasn't going to tell anyone and me, even less. We lived in the same building, on the same floor and that was enough  to guarantee us our privacy.

I walked to my room taking my laptop on my way to search the program Take care of my refrigerator that my 'boss' had advised me to watch to learn more about his culinary tastes. On the condition to increase my salary, I had to do the shopping and the cooking at least twice per week for the dragon.

 An hour later, I was watching with an incredulous look at my now black screen. What? Caviar, foie gras and truffles? And not just any truffles, black truffles? Those was Kwon Ji Yong's favorites. I, who was expecting noodles, was served.