제 7.4 장: 미안, 미안, 지켜주지 못해 미안해 (Sorry, Sorry, I’m sorry I Couldn’t protect you)

Chrome Heart

Ji Yong looked up at his manager and raised an eyebrow.

  • To me? He wants to talk to me? Why?
  • I don't know. But I think it's important. He asked JYP to ask Yang 사장님 (sajangnim) to arrange a meeting with you. To have gone that far, it must be important right?

Ji Yong gnawed his thumbnail thoughtfully. Sincerely, he did not have time for this stuff and truthfully, he had come to hate the guy. He shook his head, still in the dark. Why the hell Ok Taecyeon went to these extremes to meet him? It had nothing to do with music because he had made it clear that it was personal. As far as he knew, he had nothing personal with the 2PM beast. 

Ji Yong rose abruptly from the makeup chair, startling everyone around.

  • Ji Yong-ah, is everything all right?

He went out of the room without a glance for his manager. Anna. The only thing he had in common with Taecyeon and that was personal was Anna. My God! Was she back to the hospital? He was so ashamed that he could not bring himself to face the young woman. He left notes in her mailbox and so far, there had been no response. If something happened to her...
He opened the door where he knew that Taecyeon was waiting with a smash.

  • Anna 어디에서? (Eodiseo? Where is Anna?) Is she all right? Who hurt her?

Taecyeon got up from his chair, a mocking smile on his face and Ji Yong had a desire to give him well-placed punch.

  • At the latest, the one who hurt her, was you.
  • What? Is that why you came here? To tell me this nonsense?
  • No. I came to ask you to go stop Anna.

Ji Yong looked at Taecyeon, frowning. Stop Anna? What was he talking about?

  • She's leaving for New York in a week for three months. She volunteered to be part of the research team that's going to the hospital there.

She was leaving. Anna had finally decided to leave. She had not giving him an answer yet and ... no, this was her answer and it got received. He raised his cold eyes to Taecyeon.

  • I don't understand why you came to see me for that. Anna is an adult and I believe that this trip represents an advancement in her career, right?

Taecyeon stared at him in disbelief.

  • 그래서 (Geuraeseo. So), you have no problem with her going away? You don't want to stop her?
  • Stop her? OK Taecyeon-ssi, 오해가있는 것 같다 (Ohaega issneun geot gatda. It seems there is a misunderstanding.) There is nothing between Anna and me... well nothing that would lead me to stop her from leaving. She is my next-door neighbor, and for a while, we became close, but that's all.

A little sarcastic laugh escaped Taecyeon.

  • There was nothing between you? So why did you became green with envy every time I was with her? Why did you interfered in her life? 이 씨발 놈아 (I ssibal noma. This motherer). 좋아 (Joha. Good.) Delete her from your life ... you've never done anything for her anyway.

GD clenched his fists. This madman was only rubbing salt on the wound.

  • 오해 하지 마 (Ohae hajima. Do not get me wrong.) Ok Taecyeon-ssi. I understand you're sad because your friend is leaving and because I understand that, I let you pass your rage on me, I let you swear.

Taecyeon took two steps back when Ji Yong approached him menacingly.

  • But do not think for a second that I let you do this because I think you're right or because I'm afraid of you. If you have nothing more to add, you can find the way out by yourself. 지금 은 정말 바빠 (Jigeumeun jeongmal bappa. I'm really busy right now).

Without worrying about the young man who was trying to add something, Ji Yong his heel and walked out of the room. 씨발! (Ssibal. !) All this had grown to large proportions. His life had been completely turned upside down since he had met Anna in KBS's basement. He needed a break to catch his breath. For the moment, he had to concentrate on Big Bang comeback, for the moment, he couldn't leave after Anna and convince her to stay. So, for now, she could go and take a step back. He would advise after.

BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*

The format of Big Bang new album was very original. The album was called MADE and every beginning of the month, two new opus came out with one of the letters as a title and each month, Big Bang became the whooping, the talk of the town of the moment every time. M - that I had lived in Korea - included Bae Bae and Loser. A had Bang Bang Bang  and We like to party.
During the three months I spent in New York, I had no news of Ji Yong. I was the one who was tracking him on the net, following their press conferences, their appearances on TV. He looked good and things were probably going well with Kiko because he had no dark circles under his eyes. The group also began their world tour and Ji Yong changed his hair color to orange.

Top and Taeyang wrote to me regularly. Seungri and Daesung occasionally. Top and  Taeyang made big a fuss about D. Apparently the two songs of this letter were dedicated to me personally. Ji Yong had written them after I left and had insisted on adding them to the album. Like I'd believe them! I was not so naive !!

Yet I found myself buying the album and crying all the tears of my body listening to the songs. 맨 정신 (Maenjeongsin. Sober) reminded me of our nights together where we talked about everything and nothing and the I was the one helping with his nightmares.

맨정신이 힘들 (maenjeonsini nan himdeuleo. It’s hard for me to be sober)

아무것도 할 수가 없어 (Amugeot do hal suga eobseo. I can’t do anything)

맨정신이 난 제일 싫어 (maenjeongsini nan jeil sirheo. I hate being sober)

너 없인 잠들 수가 없어 (neo eobsin jamdeul suga eobseo. I can’t fall asleep without you)

시간은 더럽게 안 가고 나이만 들어 죽은 듯 살아 (siganeun deoreobge an gago naiman deuleo jugeun deut sara. Time is so danm slow, I’m just growing old, I live like I’m dead.)

할 일은 더럽게 많은데 하고 싶은 건 하나도 없어 (hal ireun deoreobge manheunde hago sipeun geon hanado eobseo. I have so many danm things to do but nothing that I want to do).

He couldn't sleep? He drank a lot to forget me? Top and Taeyang were right and the song was for me? I took my cell phone and looked for Ji Yong in my contacts. I was a hair to call him when I came to my senses. 잠깐만 (Jamkkanman. Wait a minute). If he missed me so, why he did not call? Even a text could help build a bridge between us. Why should I be the one who would take the first step?
I threw my cell phone on my bed and started to listen to the second installment: If You and it was my undoing.

If you, If you

너도 나와 같이 힘들다면 (Neodo nawa gati himdeuldamyeon. If you are struggling like I am)

우리 조금 쉽게 갈 수는 없을까 (Uri jogeum swipge gal suneun eobseulkka? Can’t we make things a little easier?)

있을 때 잘할 걸 그랬어 (Isseul ddae jalhal geol geuraesseo. I should’ve treated you better when I had you).

Without bothering to think, I dialed his number. Ji Yong was not good with words but spoke with his songs and I understood everything.

  • Hello ?

They answered. My answer remained stuck in my throat as my brain was screaming at me to hung up.

  • Hello ? Ji Yongie, do you know this number? Looks like a US number.

I hung up, shaking hands. But I was dumb! Ji Yong's songs were not meant for me! They were for Kiko. Both songs also summarized their situation! My cell buzzed, startling me. Ji Yong rhad call back. Yet strangely, my heart did not beat wildly. I kept staring at the phone screen until it stops flashing. He hung up.

Ji Yong called back exactly 34 times and I did not answer any of his calls. He had no way of knowing that it was me. I took a deep breath as I pulled the battery of my phone. 지금 이 중지 한다 (Jigeum i jungji handa. Now, this has to stop). Yes, I had made the right choice: Kwon Ji Yong should no longer have the power to make me laugh or cry, make me sad or happy. Never again…
Exactly a month later, I landed in South Korea where Wong Bin and Taecyeon welcomed me with a big party. The same day, the latest letter, in Big Bang album, E came out and of the two songs, I could swear that one of them was mine. I was certain: 우리 사랑 하지 말아요 (. Uri sarang haji malayo Let's not fall in love) was my song in the MADE series.

우리 사랑하지 말아요 (Uri sarang haji malayo. Let’s not fall in love)

아직은 잘 모르잖아요 (ajigeun jal moreujanhayo. We don’t know each other very well yet)

사실 조금은 두려운 거야 (sasil jogeumeun duryeoun goya. Actually I’m a little scared)

그대 미안해요 (Geudae mianhaeyo. For that I’m sorry)

우리 약속하지 말아요 (Uri yaksok haji malayo. Let’s not make promises)

내일은 또 모르잖아요 (Naeileun ddo moreujanhayo. You never know when tomorrow comes.)

하지만 이 말 만은 진심이야 (Hajiman I mal maneun jinsimiya. But I really meant it when I said)

그대 좋아해요 (Geudae johahaeyo. I like you).