A person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet- a connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you have never experience before. As this connection develops over time, you experience love so deep, so strong and so complex, that you begin to doubt that you have ever truly loved anyone prior.
You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you…Then you meet one person and your life is changed.
Kim Hee Jin looked at the paper with a sigh. Not again. It felt like every time she opened any newspaper, her family was always on it…and for the wrong reason.
- What’s wrong with that boy? Why can’t he get his life on track?? 안되겠어 (andwigesseo. That’s not right) …. Someone must do something!
The driver cast her a worried look.
- 사모님, 다 괜찮습니다? (samonim, da gwaenchanhseubnida? It’s everything ok Madam?)
- Everything will be fine, Kim 비서 (biseo. Secretary). Turn around and take me to Mount Inwangsan. I need to talk to that shaman again.
- 예, 사모님 (Ye, samonim. Yes Madam).
Hee Jin took the paper again and shook her head. When and where did she make a mistake with Ji Yong? How can he never get peace and always did things that will make people talk?
She cast a look at her cell phone that was ringing and sighed again. Of course, the board will call for a meeting. Every time Ji Yong had a scandal; they have a meeting. They were almost expert on solving scandal by now.
At least this time his scandal was not about drugs or cars or gambling. Apparently, he was dating Sandara Park, the Lotte World heiress. It would not have been bad if they have not caught him last week in a club with Lee Ma Ri, the Samsung heiress.
Hee Jin passed an exhausted hand in her hair. Calling Ji Yong and demanding an explanation will do no good. He will just laugh and tell her not to worry. Her husband was worst. He still allowed the boy to do everything he wanted just because Ji Yong was a genius in business.
Kwon Ji Yong was born into royalty. He was a fifth-generation 재벌 (conglomerate. Jaebeol) and was the apple of her eyes. Doctors had told her that giving birth was not an option for her. Even if her husband was okay with that and was considering adoption, Hee Jin felt like she was lacking.
The third year of her marriage, she went to Mount Inwangsan where she met that sham, Park Eumji. That shaman told her to pray and wrote her a—very expensive—amulet. A month later, she was pregnant and after that, Kwon Ji Yong was born. To say that every decision she made regarding her little boy was in concert with the shaman was an understatement.
She needed her advice now on what to do with her son. She had tried putting amulet on him, or on his penthouse. But Ji Yong had told her that he does not believe in such things and had thrown them away. That’s why his life was a mess…
- 사모님 (samonim), we’re there.
Hee Jin looked up and sighed again. Eumji was going to be mad. The last amulet was very hard to find and had cost a lot to make. Ji Yong didn’t even look at it before throwing it in the fireplace.
She got out the car and tightened her grip on her bag. For Ji Yong, she could even walk on fire, so Eumji wrath was not going to stop her.
- I knew that you’ll come here was the first thing she got when she opened the shrine’s door.
Hee Jin politely bowed before the shaman and sat on the little cushion.
- You know that my son… I don’t know what to do anymore. He does not believe in the amulet so they don’t work on him or for him and…
Eumji raised a hand, silencing the woman.
- Do you really want to help him?
- I want to. I can do anything for him and…
- I know that… Ji Yong needs to meet his soul mate. I read the stars for him and he’s late. He should have met her already…and I don’t know why, but the chances are getting slimmer. That’s why his life is getting mess up… and if he does not fix that soon, even his business will fail.
- Soul mate? You want me to arrange a date meeting for him? He won’t ever go to them and…
Eumji shook her head. She understood Kim Hee Jin love for her son, she was there with her and she knew everything the rich lady went through for her son but… she needed to be firm with the boy! How could a 29-year-old man worry his mom like that??
- I have an amulet for you… and no, you don’t have to give it to Ji Yong or place it on his house. You need to go up the mountain and pray the Buddha on the top. Place the amulet there with a peach and something that belong to Ji Yong. If you do all that before noon today, he will meet her, even without your help.
Hee Jin opened hopeful eyes and shook her head, agreeing on everything that the shaman was saying. She cast a discreet look at her watch. 11:45 am. She only had 15 minutes to get to the top and something that belongs to Ji Yong? Does she… she opened her bag and smiled at the watch. Well, technically, he was not Ji Yong yet, but she did buy it for him. That will do.
- Eumji 언니 (eonni, sister). I’ll go now… I don’t want to be late.
She rushed outside, missing the shaman last sentence.
- You’ll have to accept her, whoever she might be….