제 7.3 장: 미안, 미안, 지켜주지 못해 미안해 (Sorry, Sorry, I’m sorry I Couldn’t protect you)

Chrome Heart
The room remained immersed in a thick silence after the young woman's departure. It was Top who slowly approached his leader and helped him to sit down.
  • What... 방금 무슨 일? (Bang geum musun il? What just happened?) asked Seungri
  • I have no idea conceded Taeyang. No idea.
Daesung cry of horror startled everyone. He had opened the plastic bag that Anna had left and had out a t-shirt covered in blood.
  • My God! She was wearing this? She was really covered in blood? marveled TOP

Ji Yong seemed to shrink in his seat. He clenched his fist until he sink his nail into his palm.  Anna had every reason to hate him. Anna who was always there for him

Two minutes before getting the call from Wong Bin, Kiko had called and she was crying. Her jerk of Japanese boyfriend was not happy about her friendship with the world star G-Dragon and had made her know by twisting her arm. She had fled her hotel and was waiting downstairs in the lobby. He had ask her to come up and had applied an ice compress on her bruises. She was scared and wouldn't stop crying. When Wong Bin called to let him know that Anna was in the hospital, he had not really tought about it:  Anna was all the time in the hospital, is not it? He had told Wong Bin that he couldn't move for the moment and that he would see her when he would see her. He had never tought that it was so serious.

The look  filled of reproach of his friends did not change after he explain this to them. On the contrary, Top totally turned his back on him and grabed his coat.

  • I'm going to find her to let her know that I had no idea you were such a jerk! 병신아! (byeongsin a. You stupid ).
Top had sworn. His 형 (hyeong) had sworn at him. The other three were left with their mouth wide open and looked at the elder leaving the room without a word.
  • 아, 좆같네! (Ah, jotgatneAh, feels  up!) exclaimed Ji Yong in tearing his hair. What am I supposed to do now?
Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri look at each other for a moment before lowering their heads. They really didn't know. The only thing that was certain was that Ji Yong had screwed up. Bad. 
  •  (hyeong) began timidly Seungri, maybe you should go after her and explain everything to her I can send another SOS if you want.
  • I don't think she wants to listen to me for the moment commented Ji Yong, his head between his ams. I'll wait until she calms down and maybe... just maybe she will hear me out and forgive me.
  • So... you want to make it up to her? asked Taeyang
Ji Yong looked up to watch his friends faces. He had a little resigned smile.
  • I don't think I can go on without her. I didn't sleep for the two weeks she wasn't there. I lied to herbecause I didn't want her to be wrorried about me and to make her feel forced to stay by my side. 
  • Ji Yong-ah began Taeyang, not too sure of what he had to say, do you realize what this means?

Taeyang wanted to break the news gently to Ji Yong, making him realize by himself that Anna had become very important in his life and that he needed her. He looked at his friend bitting his nails, lost in tought, trying to find an answer to his question. His efforts were reduced to nothing when Seungri said. 

  • What can't you understand? 형,  사랑에 빠졌어 (hyeong, neo saranghae pajyeosseo. You've fallen in love).
Ji Yong sprang like a spring from his seat and stared his 막내 (maknae) incredulosly, his mouth wide open like a fish out of water.
  • 사... 사... 사랑? (Sarang. Love). But what are you talking about? 사랑? (sarang?) This is not at all what I feel for herWhat I...
  • You think about her all the time? You want to protect her? You want to murder anyone who look at herYou want to make her happy? 형 (hyeong) you're madly in love with her stated Daesung.
The other two replied in the affirmative and Daesung bridled with pride.
  • When she's there, you glow, you laugh all the time, you talk all the time and you wrote at least three songs in less than 24 hours! You do things you've never done before. You sleep with her clinging to you! You don't sleep with people, hell you don't sleep at all! he continued. Kiko has never managed to hummpfp...

The rest of his sentence was drowned by Taeyang and Seungri hands who had flew to his mouth to stop him from mentioning Ji Yong ex.

  • Run after her advised Taeyang. I'm sure Top 형 (hyeong) managed to calm her down.

BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*

  • If you're here to tell me that Ji Yong's sorry, I do not want to hear anything!

I crossed my arms and looked Top with a determined air. I was not going to let myself soften, not this time.

  • No, I'm here to ask you how you're doing after everything you went trought. I have no intention of talking about Ji Yong ... unless you want to of course.
I pulled away from the front door and let Top got in.
  • I don't want to. His name should no longer be spoken in this house. He became 'he-who-must-not-be-named' as Voldemort!
  • Ah, so you know Harry Potter? You're not a total nerd as I imagined.
Top laughter died in his throat when he stopped before Taecyeon who was wearing an apron in the young woman kitchen. Taecyeon? He raised an quizzical eyebrow to Anna and she had the decency to look embarassed.
  • Taecyeon 빠(oppa) has always been there for me. In any situation, I could count on him. He'salso the one who had decided that he had to call Ji Yong because he din't thought that he could get me out of my state of shock.
  • I understand was what answered the handsome rapper. And what are we eating?

​Taecyeon looked at me, undecided. I had found him in discussion with the doorman who refused to let him in despite his protests. There were lots of shopping bags in hand and he wanted to cook for me. Wong Bin was also on his way to my house. We rode the elevator together to my apartment where I explained what had happened at YG. I swore loudly how every relationship was over between me and any member of Big Bang when Top rang at my door.

  •  Uh ... 김치 찌개 (Kimchi jiggae. Kimchi stew). I do a wicked 김치 찌개 ( kimchi jiggae) announced Taecyeon.

Top nodded and sank into an armchair in my living room.

  • By the way he remarked, distracted, our first opus comes out tomorrow. Ji Yong was able to write it because of you... it's crazy how your sofa is comfortable. Is it a sofa bed? I'm looking for one since...
  •  Seung Hyun 오빠 (oppa) I interrupted him. What do you mean by Ji Yong wrote your opus because of me?
  •  Oh ! I had completely forgotten that we should not talk about Ji Yong. Sorry!
I opened a big mouth. He was playing with my nerves or what? Taecyeon laughter confirmed my thoughts.
  • Ji Yong became Voldemort commented Top for Taecyeon, still sprawled on my couch. He's "he-who-must-not-be-named".

I was dying to know but it was out of question to ask. I had to erase Ji Yong of my life.

  • But I want to know! Complained Taecyeon. Do not cite his name 선배( seonbae) and tell me everyrhing.
As if he was expecting this, Top sat up and told.
  • Ji Yong felt like a wreck, a 찌질해(jjijilhae. Pathetic loser) with everything that happened to him. He even had a depression... but our friend  here present, has magically succeded where everyone have failed. She has cheered him up and he regained trust in himself... so much that he wrote a song about how he felt. He made us all write our own part about a situation where we felt like losersIt is certain that this opus will help all those who hear this song to overcome their challenges. If Big Bang feels like losers, the entire universe may fell like a loser and it will not be the end of the world.  

He had done this? He told in song how I had helped him but he could not even be there for me when I needed him? 이게 말이 돼? (Ige mari dwae? Does that make any sense?)

  • What is the name of the opus?
  • It's not obvious? Top asked, lying down again on the sofa. The title is Loser.

BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*

솔직히 세상과 난 어울린 적 없어!  (Soljikhi sesang gwa nan eoullin jeok eobseo. Honestly, I’ve never fit in this world)

홀로였던 내겐 사랑 따윈 벌써 (hollo yeossdeon naege sarang ttawin beolsseo. I was always alone I’ve forgotten about love)

잊혀 진지 오래 저 시간 속에 (itheo jinji orae jeo sigan soke. It’s been a long time since)

더 이상은 못 듣겠어 희망찬 사랑 노래 (deo isangeun mot deudgesseo huimangchan sarang norae. I can’t listen to hopeful love songs anymore)

너나 나나 그저 길들여진 대로 (neo na na na geujeo gil deulyeojin daero. You and me both)

각본 속에 놀아나는 슬픈 삐에로 (gakbon soke nol ananeun seulpeun ppiero. Were just sad clowns, tamed and scripted).

난 멀리 와버렸어 I’m coming home (Nan molri wabeoryesseo. I’ve come too far)

이제 다시 돌아갈래 어릴 적 제자리로 (ije dasi dolagallae eoril jeok jejariro. I wanna go back to when I was young.)

Saying that the opus was a hit was an understatement. It propelled Big Bang on the front of the stage like never before. Articles came out by the thousands, both nationally and internationally. Yet I continued to avoid Ji Yong. I knew that he wanted to talk to me. I had found his part of the song in my mailbox. And  whenever I listened to his song, I wanted to drop everything and run to him to hold him.

The video did not make things easier. The country seemed as taken into a frenzy and was only listening this stupid song: all radio stations, all TV stations, cafes, even the hospital's waiting room. Big Bang was everywhere! The situation worsen with the release of their second opus: Bae Bae. If Loser was a succes, there were no words for Bae Bae. 

I layed down on my bed, fully dressed and looked the sheet green envelope that I had in hand. I had found it in my mailbox and I knew it was from Ji Yong. He left me the same the last time. I srang on my bed, exasperated. But what a 겁쟁이! (Geobjaengi. Coward) He did not come to see me and didn't call me but sent me pieces of his songs? What did he wanted me to do with this? Taken with a sudden impulse, I rose from my bed with a firm decision to go to him and ask him the question. If he was not home yet, well, I'll wait!
I opened my door and stopped short in front of Kiko who was taping the pin on Ji Yong's door.
  • Ah, Anna-ssi! I always forget that you live across Ji Yong! It's been a while since I saw you.
I didn't know what to say. I gave her a little smile and hurriedly returned to my apartment, slamming the door behind me. Nothing had changed: G Dragon was still in love with Kiko and I began to believe that she also wanted to go back with him.
I looked at the crumpled envelope that I was still holding and opened it.

Loser 외톨이 척하는 겁쟁이 (oetori sen cheokhaneun geobjaeni. Loner, a coward who pretends to be tough)

못된 양아치 거울 속에 넌(motdoen yangachi geoul soke neon. A mean delinquent. In the mirror I’m a)

Just a loser 외톨이 상처뿐인 머저리 (eotori sandcheonppunin meojeori. Loner, a jackass covered in scars)

러운 쓰레기 거울 속에 난 I’m a (reoun sseulegi geoul soke neon. Dirty trash. In the mirror I’m a)

"너 때문에 (neo ttaemune. Because of you) I do not think that of myself anymore. Thank you, my friend, Anna. "
I wiped the tears from my cheeks. My God! What did he want from me? What I should do? I collapsed on the floor and burst into tears. I felt lost and tired. I had only one wish: to go find Ji Yong and drag him in bed with me to sleep.